Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass's Witherspoon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Witherspoon getting a little bit more exposure as well as two other Kentucky studs.

Witherspoon will receive his all American jersey dec 16th at a special ceremony at the school. He's the only player in Kentucky to be picked for the all American game and only the 2nd ever In the 6 six years they've done an all American game for middle school.. This kid has a bright future ahead of him.
Bigdaddy are you talking about the Eastbay All American bowl in Texas? If so Southern Pulaski had a player named Floyd Fanin, play both as a 7th and 8th grader. Fanin ended up as East def. MVP for the game last year. Also Belfry had a player who also made the team in linebacker Cole Bentley last year.
Good Luck to Witherspoon, I hear it is something else.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Bigdaddy are you talking about the Eastbay All American bowl in Texas? If so Southern Pulaski had a player named Floyd Fanin, play both as a 7th and 8th grader. Fanin ended up as East def. MVP for the game last year. Also Belfry had a player who also made the team in linebacker Cole Bentley last year.

Defensive tackle, actually, Warrior Grandpa! Sure do wish Floyd and Cole could have matched up this past year in the Belfry/Southwestern game. Hate that he had to move. Cole has started tight end for us all year.
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Witherspoon will receive his all American jersey dec 16th at a special ceremony at the school. He's the only player in Kentucky to be picked for the all American game and only the 2nd ever In the 6 six years they've done an all American game for middle school.. This kid has a bright future ahead of him.

There have been several kids from kentucky chosen to play in this game over the last 4-5 years.
Sorry guys I was given some wrong information then didn't mean to take anything away from the guys that have been selected before
It is a great honor. He will do well. I also can tell you that there will be one or two more 8th graders and another 7th grader that will most likely be chosen to play again this year as well. At one time, there was a 7th, 8th limited and 8th Unlimited game. Kentucky has had as many as 5 players in a single year play in one of the games. Ky players have been the MVP of the game 2 different times. One of the reason we still have a high number of Ky kids is that they show themselves very well. The Eastbay Youth All-American game will always have KY kids in it because they play hard.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Defensive tackle, actually, Warrior Grandpa! Sure do wish Floyd and Cole could have matched up this past year in the Belfry/Southwestern game. Hate that he had to move. Cole has started tight end for us all year.
I thought he played LB. in the 8th. grade.I believe I had read he was going to start playing with his hand on the ground as a DE. and play TE.also...
We've had 2 or 3 to be selected to play in the National All-American game in San Antonio and numerous others to contribute to the Kentucky teams. It's nothing new. Congrats to those who get to experience this.
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:I thought he played LB. in the 8th. grade.I believe I had read he was going to start playing with his hand on the ground as a DE. and play TE.also...

In our defense, we actually refer to the outside LB as defensive ends because of how close we play them to the line... it's a 5-2 look but our ends stand. Never the less, he played with his hand on the ground in the All Star game at a natural defensive end position (but what we would call a d-tackle in our defense) ... he has played some defense for BHS but mostly TE.

My fault, though, just a confusion on terminology. :Thumbs: