Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: All-State Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard from a friend last night their son made the All-State team. Have those been released and does anyone know where to find the lists. I guess they have one for each Div.
I will post ASAP. Busy weekend here in Frankfort.
Understand! Thanks.
Way to go Johnson County D.1 All-state team they had 4 that made it
way to go kmsfa you missed it again
missed what?
They know what I'm talking about i have a few problms with there selections and how they do it.
If you got two players that do the same in the season and one of them don't make it past the first round of the playoffs and the other one makes it all the way and wins a state championship and wins and keeps racking up big stats i thank the best kid should get it not the one you all already made your mind up about half way therw the season.
Piratefan, I am dying to hear this one. I do not participate in that selection process, but would love to know. I do know that it is sometimes an impossible task, would be interested in this one.
I found out 1st hand how much politics plays into these selections a couple of years ago. Doesn't do any good to complain. Sometimes a less deserving player is chosen, but that's life I guess.
Politics will play into every decision from who is on what team at the youth level to who will play in this years BCS game on up. To me stats alone do not tell the whole story. A player on a less talented team may be a better player than a player of the same position with equal stats but on a more talented team. He may have had to work for it more. I also give a little edge to the player who is not a holdback. Not everything is black and white in these decisions. But this is a middle school all-state team in the end. Congrats to those who made it and keep your head up to those who did not. High school all-state means a whole lot more.
What are the processes of being nominated and selected? Who makes the final selections?
FootballCrazedFan Wrote:Politics will play into every decision from who is on what team at the youth level to who will play in this years BCS game on up. To me stats alone do not tell the whole story. A player on a less talented team may be a better player than a player of the same position with equal stats but on a more talented team. He may have had to work for it more. I also give a little edge to the player who is not a holdback[/U][/U][/B]. [/B]Not everything is black and white in these decisions. But this is a middle school all-state team in the end. Congrats to those who made it and keep your head up to those who did not. High school all-state means a whole lot more.

What? So a kid who stayed back won't be all state because he stayed back in the 7th grade eventhough it is within the rules. How about my kid who stayed back in Kindergarten? Would he get shoved to side for a 13 year old because you believe that kid is doing it "the right way."

I'll give you one thing man you proved your point. Too many subjective opinions for this to come from our organizing body. KHSAA doesn't do this stuff they leave it up to outside organizations.
FootballCrazedFan Wrote:Politics will play into every decision from who is on what team at the youth level to who will play in this years BCS game on up. To me stats alone do not tell the whole story. A player on a less talented team may be a better player than a player of the same position with equal stats but on a more talented team. He may have had to work for it more. I also give a little edge to the player who is not a holdback. Not everything is black and white in these decisions. But this is a middle school all-state team in the end. Congrats to those who made it and keep your head up to those who did not. High school all-state means a whole lot more.

LOL. No better way to teach a kid a lesson in life than to discriminate against another. Belfry, Williamsburg, Wayne County, and Pulaski County (most likely Mayfield as well) all have holdbacks that I'm aware of. I'd say most of those guys made good decisions by doing so from kindergarten to middle school over the last few years. They're all playing for a KHSAA state championship next weekend.
I'd say the BEST player at position is the best, not the kid who happens to be on best team or worst, don't care about holdbacks (it's here, live with it). I am not sure about selection but I know that the KYMSFA does a GREAT job at this all star weekend and work relentless hours.

The kids I had at east/west weekend (1 8th grader playing east/west and I'm coaching 6th FBU) had a great time and told me they didn't want to leave. They bonded with other kids they wouldn't ever meet.

Congrats to the all state winners and great job to all players who were in consideration. Continue your hard work ethic and it will pay off in high school selections and titles.
If kids repeat a grade for whatever reason go for it. Holding back has been around for decades and is within the rules. I get that. My nephews coaches wanted him repeat a grade many years ago and he declined. This is an opinion based site and mine is all things being equal -- like stats -- as was that post -- I would give the edge to the non-holdback. Competing as the age of a Freshman in a league vs Eighth graders can give that player a huge advantage. Doesn't mean if the holdback was clearly better he would not have gotten the award. Again my opinion. Probably why I am not on a selection board! As I read some of the other threads on this site its clear I am not the only one who feels that it is a huge advantage, especially in middle school. We can discuss holdbacks and all that goes with it on a new thread if you like. Good luck to all the kids and schools this weekend.
FootballCrazedFan Wrote:If kids repeat a grade for whatever reason go for it. Holding back has been around for decades and is within the rules. I get that. My nephews coaches wanted him repeat a grade many years ago and he declined. This is an opinion based site and mine is all things being equal -- like stats -- as was that post -- I would give the edge to the non-holdback. Competing as the age of a Freshman in a league vs Eighth graders can give that player a huge advantage. Doesn't mean if the holdback was clearly better he would not have gotten the award. Again my opinion. Probably why I am not on a selection board! As I read some of the other threads on this site its clear I am not the only one who feels that it is a huge advantage, especially in middle school. We can discuss holdbacks and all that goes with it on a new thread if you like. Good luck to all the kids and schools this weekend.

Well, yeah in that case, for sure I agree with you. If you have a 13/14 year old 8th grader, non holdback that puts up the same stats as a 14/15 year old 8th grader, has the same speed, power, etc.. then that means he's probably got more potential. A year means a LOT, all the way up to 22 or so years old
What site will the teams be posted on?
Wish they would have had this when I played. This is a very cool thing.
Must have forgotten about them, I was anxious to see who got selected.
These middle school all star teams, all state, and some of these coaches are funny! Some kids very deserving but a lot of who knows who and I'll scratch yours of your scratch mine here!
FCSPY Wrote:These middle school all star teams, all state, and some of these coaches are funny! Some kids very deserving but a lot of who knows who and I'll scratch yours of your scratch mine here!

How so, please explain.
Confusednicker:

I don't understand why so many fans (in other words parents) get made that little johnny isn't selected.

Its a MIDDLE school made up team. Its not going to get your kid any extra snaps as a frosh, its not going to get him a scholarship to college, and its not going to progress his abilities in anyway. Middle school is just a learning experience for when the real stuff starts.

I would be more worried about a kid ready to show his abilities to a high school coach than whether or not he made a useless middle school all star team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

I don't understand why so many fans (in other words parents) get made that little johnny isn't selected.

Its a MIDDLE school made up team. Its not going to get your kid any extra snaps as a frosh, its not going to get him a scholarship to college, and its not going to progress his abilities in anyway. Middle school is just a learning experience for when the real stuff starts.

I would be more worried about a kid ready to show his abilities to a high school coach than whether or not he made a useless middle school all star team.

Thank you, finally some one with some sense. People on these boards get more worked up over MIDDLE SCHOOL football than anything else. Just enjoy watching your son play football and quit worrying about meaningless things.
Come on man. That could be said about all of these boards. High school included. Most players will not go on to receive a scholarship in football or any other sport. A school athlete is their only chance to compete and receive recognition. With that said it's understandable when a coach, parent, player, or fan gets fired up.
Was this list ever posted?
I never saw a lists must have been a secret. :Sad04: