Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th Grade KY TEAM ROSTER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
8th GRADE TEAM KENTUCKY
Airin Spell Lone Oak OL/DL 6'1/235
Alex Fowler Paintsville OL/DL 6'/220
Anthony Witherspoon Bluegrass RB 6'2"/220
Arias Harris Farnsley DB 5'10/165
Austin Combs Perry Central DL 6'4"/220
Billy Dyer Monroe WR 6'2"/170
Brenden Durr Shelby MLB 6'/195
Bryson Washington Farnsley Slot 5'10/165
Cameron Sizemore Williamsburg OLB 6'1/190
Carter Smith Foley Middle OLB 6'/185
Charles Allen Olmstead OL/DL 6'1'/245
Collin Allen Casey OL/DL 6'2"/230
Corey Smith Perry Central MLB 5'10'/175
Dalton Daniels Paintsville MLB 5'7"/160
Darrell White Williamsburg WR 6'0/185
Dawson Stalker Johnson DL 6'3"/275
Derik Wellman Belfry DB 5'11/165
Devin Varney Belfry RB 6'/175
Dillon Wheatley LCA OLB 6'/175
Donovan Aurthor Knox MLB 5'9"/160
Dylan Maggard Mountain view DL 6'1"/265
Ethan Murray Bell OL/DL 6'5"/200
Ethan Schaaf Lone Oak WR 5'10"/160
Jacob Ballard Lex. Catholic OL/DL 6'/250
Jacob Wright Wayne TE 6'2"/195
Jermel Carton Knox DB 5'9"/155
Josh Cornett Meece WR 5'10/160
Kadin Smith Spencer WR 6'2"/200
King Henderson Westport TE 6'1"/205
Kolbe Langhi Christian QB 6'4'/220
Marvin Ball Bath MLB 6'0/180
Mathew Quiggins Myers DB 5'11"/160
Partick Edwards S. Pulaski SS 5'10'/160
Skyler Mitchell Mountain view OL/DL 6'1/250
Terrance May Westport SS 5,9/165
Ty Mink Monroe QB 5'11"/160
Tyrese Allen Johnson DL 6'3"/225
Zach Ferris N.Pulaski OL/DL 6'5/250
Zion Smalling Bluegrass DB 5'11'/160
Ziyon Kenner Christian Slot 6'/170
they'll look good getting off the bus!!!
give a good coach who u didnt pick off of belfry & johnson c... add seth conn, cade byers, and wayne county's #22 and theyd beat this team by 3 td's guarantee it. no offense to the kids selected because they are all EXTREMELY talented but some of the best players i saw all year long (blake gamble?!) arent on the team!! INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gamble was chosen and decided not to participate. Thanks for your support!!
I know there were several kids notified several weeks ago but declined due to basketball or other commitments. Best of luck to those who decided to play.
I trained the JCMS players for over 7 months. I had 22 players everyday in the gym 2-4 days a week. I myself spoke with Blake about playing for Team Kentucky when he was selected, and he declined. He is a highly rated wrestler in the State, and he declined to play. As for any team in this area being able to beat Team Kentucky by 3 TD's is a little far out there. I've seen Belfry play 4 times, I have seen Pike Central play a couple times also, and I was at every game of Johnson's also. It could not happen. They were some great teams, but these teams had 3-4 good players at most, and that's all it takes to win in Middle School. Its easy for a 8th Grade QB to look good against 7th graders, but look average when they play 8th grade teams. I seen that happen, Johnson has a 7th grade team that plays Middle school 7th/8th combine teams. When the 8th Grade QB's played our 8th, they looked very average, and wasn't the best QB on the field that game. Belfry had a great team, and played Johnson tough, but the best RB both of them games was TY Allen. That kid is a stud and will only get better. When Johnson won the Championship, they had a great running game, and like Coach Holbrook said later on the radio, the line opened up holes that even he could run through. So, yes Gamble was great that game, and so was Allen and Dorton, but we had a O line that won that made it easy for the RB's, and like every game, our Defense won the game. And that being said, there is no way, any one player you mentioned, added to Belfry or Johnson would beat Team Kentucky. You take any player you mentioned, and they would be lucky to start at all for the Teams you said. No QB in this area would beat out Steven Gound at JCMS. What I have seen in Team Kentucky, is the Top 2 or 3 players at their spot, and they would over power and out skill any teams in this State. Yes they may not be the #1 player at the spot because that #1 player might be wrestling, basketball or something else, ie Gamble. But Gamble wasn't the best RB that I have seen this year, and he might have been better because he had 2 monster blockers like TY Allen and C. Dorton blocking for him. Gamble is a great player and a great leader and would have helped Team Kentucky a lot, but don't down the Team because he selected not to play. And don't buy into the hype that any team in this State would beat a Team of All Stars by 3 TD's. Ask Belfry's own coach or ask Coach Holbrook, and they would say there is no way also.
Congrats to all the players that made Team Kentucky. This should be a great honor to play for this great Commonwealth. A big Congrats to the players from Johnson County and Paintsville.
stalker975 Wrote:I trained the JCMS players for over 7 months. I had 22 players everyday in the gym 2-4 days a week. I myself spoke with Blake about playing for Team Kentucky when he was selected, and he declined. He is a highly rated wrestler in the State, and he declined to play. As for any team in this area being able to beat Team Kentucky by 3 TD's is a little far out there. I've seen Belfry play 4 times, I have seen Pike Central play a couple times also, and I was at every game of Johnson's also. It could not happen. They were some great teams, but these teams had 3-4 good players at most, and that's all it takes to win in Middle School. Its easy for a 8th Grade QB to look good against 7th graders, but look average when they play 8th grade teams. I seen that happen, Johnson has a 7th grade team that plays Middle school 7th/8th combine teams. When the 8th Grade QB's played our 8th, they looked very average, and wasn't the best QB on the field that game. Belfry had a great team, and played Johnson tough, but the best RB both of them games was TY Allen. That kid is a stud and will only get better. When Johnson won the Championship, they had a great running game, and like Coach Holbrook said later on the radio, the line opened up holes that even he could run through. So, yes Gamble was great that game, and so was Allen and Dorton, but we had a O line that won that made it easy for the RB's, and like every game, our Defense won the game. And that being said, there is no way, any one player you mentioned, added to Belfry or Johnson would beat Team Kentucky. You take any player you mentioned, and they would be lucky to start at all for the Teams you said. No QB in this area would beat out Steven Gound at JCMS. What I have seen in Team Kentucky, is the Top 2 or 3 players at their spot, and they would over power and out skill any teams in this State. Yes they may not be the #1 player at the spot because that #1 player might be wrestling, basketball or something else, ie Gamble. But Gamble wasn't the best RB that I have seen this year, and he might have been better because he had 2 monster blockers like TY Allen and C. Dorton blocking for him. Gamble is a great player and a great leader and would have helped Team Kentucky a lot, but don't down the Team because he selected not to play. And don't buy into the hype that any team in this State would beat a Team of All Stars by 3 TD's. Ask Belfry's own coach or ask Coach Holbrook, and they would say there is no way also.

we will have to agree to disagree and im not taking a thing away from GOUND he is an absolutel great athlete heck you could put him at hb and hed be fine!!! and another thing im not taking away from allen or varney/wellman from belfry im just saying that i think gamble gound as well as more from belfry shoulda made it but theyre not 6'5 and we both know thats the biggest rason!! ill disagree on gamble not being the best back cause i saw alot of games and hes defiantly top 5........ i will sayy if u put gound conn #22 from wayne #25 from jc the byers kid from pikeville and maybe even the big back from perry and let holbrook and thacker coach them they would beaat the heck out of hawkins circus........ as i said before thats no insult to the kids selected cause i brlieve theyre all good athletes but i see 1 linemen combined from belfry and jc.... i think if u saw that game u knew there was so VERY physical footbnall in the trenches that night id be willing to say the two best lines ive seen in middle school in a long time!!!!!! id take a crew of athletes named gound gamble (even tho he was selected and declined) adkins conn and some more anyday..... hard to be team ky when some of the best athletes in the state arent picked cause theyre only 5'8 in the 8th grade... 6 fooot 3 dont spell good

oh AND As far as top 2 or 3 playersi n the state at each position well the 3 best qbs i saw all year arent on here but there is a kid on the list i watched get off the bus and warm up and was blowed way by until the whistle blwon and he got chomped up
the kelly kid at jcms was a stud as well

and if anthony witherspoon from bluegras is 220 pounds i am john elway not saying he aint good but he aint 220!
now i see that your kid d stalker made the team let me just say he is a man and i am not taking a thing from that child i just think some of the other real talented kida i watched this year deserv a slot and shouldnt be sligthed cause theyre not 6 foot 6
None of the players you mentioned were even nominated by their coaches. Both Belfry and Johnson Co. have the players their coach nominated. It would be very hard to make comments like you have without knowing details. The "Hawkins Circus" created the same.negative comments two years ago we he coached this team and all that can be remembered is 35 families having the chance to travel to San Antonio and have a great time and represent KY with class. I understand that not every kid on this roster meets your particular idea of what should be on this team. It's ok, the fact is that kids from our state get a chance to even do this.
What you need to realize is that terribble person leading the circus is the primary reason our kids even know this exist. He is also the same guy who has been providing kids from that circus to play in All-American games that our kids would most likely never even be considered for. You personally may not like the circus, and that's ok, but please keep your attacks on Hawkins, even though they may be warranted, within. I know he would gladly take 100 of our kids on this team, but the roster only holds so many. And, the kids on this roster were all nominated by their coaches.
Also, you are correct, the players you mentioned are very good players and would do great on this team.
good luck team ky
good luck to the players from johnson belfry wayne paintsville bell the pulaskis knox meece perry times two go mountain football
Good luck to all the kids.
Anyone know if the QB #11 from JCTMS was selected. I thought he had to be one of the top in the state..
Congratulations to two big kids from Mountain View (Leslie Co.)

Dylan Maggard and Skyler Mitchell
Congratulations to all the young men that made the team, but a special congratulations to Austin Combs and Corey Smith from Perry Central! Very deserving young men.
The kid from Bluegrass i only 140 pounds they have him listed at 220 LBS that is a big differance.
That was a clerical error. His physical says 163lbs. It had been changed.
This looks like a great team, can't wait to see them practice and actually get to hit....
He did have a arm, a very fast release and put the ball on the numbers.
I was impressed with him
bhsuknow92 Wrote:we will have to agree to disagree and im not taking a thing away from GOUND he is an absolutel great athlete heck you could put him at hb and hed be fine!!! and another thing im not taking away from allen or varney/wellman from belfry im just saying that i think gamble gound as well as more from belfry shoulda made it but theyre not 6'5 and we both know thats the biggest rason!! ill disagree on gamble not being the best back cause i saw alot of games and hes defiantly top 5........ i will sayy if u put gound conn #22 from wayne #25 from jc the byers kid from pikeville and maybe even the big back from perry and let holbrook and thacker coach them they would beaat the heck out of hawkins circus........ as i said before thats no insult to the kids selected cause i brlieve theyre all good athletes but i see 1 linemen combined from belfry and jc.... i think if u saw that game u knew there was so VERY physical footbnall in the trenches that night id be willing to say the two best lines ive seen in middle school in a long time!!!!!! id take a crew of athletes named gound gamble (even tho he was selected and declined) adkins conn and some more anyday..... hard to be team ky when some of the best athletes in the state arent picked cause theyre only 5'8 in the 8th grade... 6 fooot 3 dont spell good

oh AND As far as top 2 or 3 playersi n the state at each position well the 3 best qbs i saw all year arent on here but there is a kid on the list i watched get off the bus and warm up and was blowed way by until the whistle blwon and he got chomped up

I think what you are missing about this "Hawkins Circus" as you like to put it is that when you are competing at this level you are going to face teams that have size and it is football and size, power, and speed does matter. There are many players that are 5'8 and 150lbs but when your facing teams that have kids that are much larger these players may be limited. To say that they will "look good getting off the bus" and thats all is really a stretch. Kentucky has so many great athletes at this level but if you watch college and professional football you know that SIZE matters. If you watch any sport you know that athletes that really standout and excel are the ones that genetically meet the criteria, and these are 14 year old boys we're talking about and they still have a lot of growing to do, some just do it sooner than others.
Congratulations and good luck to all the kids that were selected. Coach Hawkins is a very knowledgable coach that works hard for the Kentucky kids. I have no doubt he has the potential to take this team all the way to San Antonio...after all he's been there before and knows what it takes!
Confusednicker:

People get mad that a player isnt picked.
Find out player was picked but declined.
Still mad about it.....

:foreveralone:
A few "gems" do get overlooked due to size, but still congrats to all. Last year for example, Collin Miller from Casey county (who would have shattered the combine record the East/West participated in) had to walk on at try outs and then became a starter, rotating from tailback to slot receiver, and played quite well. Our QB also made it, at nearly 6'5" and also ended up starting. These were kids I made the highlights for, and Miller's highlights are so spectacular on a nightly basis it was ridiculous. Still, they had to be seen first hand to be picked. I don't mind that, they had to see it to believe it so to speak (coming from small Casey county). I do wish the record books would reflect they were on the team, because they weren't just on it, they started. The books don't even have their names listed, nor does Ihigh or this website, I don't think. Anyways, I hope we can do even better this year. Last year Georgia's 8th grade team could have beaten over half the HIGH SCHOOL teams in Kentucky.
Congrats to all the kids, especially to Ethan Murray from Bell Co!!!

Go get'em team Kentucky!!
Not one offense line men from Johnson County and Belfry. The best two teams in the state can't believe it
Big Black Wrote:Not one offense line men from Johnson County and Belfry. The best two teams in the state can't believe it

The only people to blame are the coaches for not nominating the players. There are coaches that care more about winning; there are coaches that care more about helping their players advance to the next level. Our coaches nominated the number of players allotted, and all of those players were accepted.
Big Black Wrote:Not one offense line men from Johnson County and Belfry. The best two teams in the state can't believe it

I guess where ever you are from was the best.:lmao:
Roster looks great, can't wait to see these boys thrown down and turn it up at practice...6th grade roster is posted in another thread if y'all are curious.
Congrats to the players that made it, I saw highlights of the Green kid that played QB at EMS and he is a stud athlete. Wish he would have gotten a look!
Pages: 1 2