Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BGR nation deer hunting!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How many of BGR nation will be deer hunting this weekend???

Here to a safe and fun time in the woods for gun season!!
I'll be in my stand before daylight in Boone County! Can't wait. I've been seeing a lot of pre-rut activity!
How was opening day?

Two friends, hunting Bracken County and Grant County, let small does and bucks pass. Were pleased with the movement.

I'm helping family and friends with projects this weekend so I'm counting on you all to live vicariously through Confusednicker:!

Upper 30's-low 40's temp wise across the state with steady breeze WNW 4-5. Stay downwind and happy hunting this morning! :Thumbs:
Big morning for a young man in Bracken County who harvested his first deer. Noah (14 years old) took a nice 9 point at the ears.

Great to see the hunting legacy passed from one generation to another. I know his Dad is more excited than he is :biggrin: !

Congrats to Noah... :Thumbs:
So far it's been pretty rough start of the season in southern part of the state. Wind has been a lot of trouble. But I will be back in the again in the morning.
Spirit100 Wrote:Big morning for a young man in Bracken County who harvested his first deer. Noah (14 years old) took a nice 9 point at the ears.

Great to see the hunting legacy passed from one generation to another. I know his Dad is more excited than he is :biggrin: !

Congrats to Noah... :Thumbs:

I just love it when today's youth gets in to the great outdoors. Really a strong believer in passing knowledge down to our kids and grandchildren. Nice job Noah :rockon:

:Thumbs: to the dad that took him out!!
In more news a friend harvested a nice 8 point in Kenton County yesterday late afternoon/early evening.

Out passed the ears by a few inches and in the 130 range. Shot at the neck from 15 yards with a 30 odd 6. Needless to say it dropped right there.

Congrats on the harvest!
Shot a nice big doe this past Saturday. Approx 190 yards with my Weatherby 7mm Remington Magnum. She dropped within 15 yards of where she was standing when I fired. I'm a meat hunter and don't go after the horns. I leave the horns to my sons who are more interested in stuff for the wall than they are in stuff for the freezer.
Anyone else have any luck and who's going out for muzzle loader?
I'll be muzzleloading this weekend. The deer activity is starting to pick back up again. I'm getting a ton of pictures again at my feeder.