Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East - West all star game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When will the teams be announced?
Plan is by Sunday.
How will kids be notified if they are selected ?
I would like to see the Team Kentucky rosters as well.
They sent out confirmation emails today and will post the official rosters shortly...gotta give them a little time to get these things done. (Be sure to check the KYMSFA facebook page for the list as well)
Rosters?
footballfan0770 Wrote:Rosters?

You will have to be patient, as we have to wait for the kids to confirm they will attend once selected. Once all confirmations are in, rosters will be posted.
Does anyone have a rough estimate for the cost for kids in East-West All star game? I think they have to pay for their hotels (roughly about 85 a night) but are there any other expenses?
Still no email or letter regarding try outs. Yes I know my child probably didn't make it, but at least keep your word to the kids when you tell them they will be notified either way
the first choice kids for team ky and east west have been notified. If you haven't been notified you didn't make it. Doesn't mean you wont make it but the rosters are set if everyone selected agrees to play. A lot of kids move on to basketball and don't participate so there are still probably some kids wh ohavent been notified that will get to play in east west or team ky. Also the tryout/combine can give kids a chance to make it as well.
Thanks
We have notified and emailed everything out for the kids selected for team KY 6th grade....
So if this is the case. Wayne county 8th grade d2 finalist had no one on West all star first cut.

Lol give the coach a raise.
I know they said they were having issues with the email for the west team....not sure if that was corrected yet. And they have to wait on replies from kids before they offer spot to someone else
The same goes with Franklin Simpson, no one selected. They won their conference, and the team goes 10-2 on the year. They have three of the best backs in the state, one with over 2,200 yards and 23 tds this year. He won the MVP of the west all star team and won the fastest 40yrd. in the combine last year. The other had over 1,500 hundred yards and many touchdowns. Our fullback is one of the best blocking and hard working backs out there. Two of the boys were selected to the All star teams last year and wasn't good enough this year with stats like those. Our schedule was filled with good teams too. Bowling Green,Monroe, Glasgow, Drakes Creek, Graves, Christian Co.. Good luck to those kids who made it. In my opinion some of our guys should have too.
Did their coaches nominate them? Did they turn in a highlight film?
Cardfan1 Wrote:So if this is the case. Wayne county 8th grade d2 finalist had no one on West all star first cut.

Lol give the coach a raise.
Instead of choosing the best players they take the kids that look the best getting off the bus.
You win games on message boards and getting off the bus everybody knows that.

I can't believe the FS tb didn't make it. Who is on this team?
yes
Yes, all was nominated and highlights were given.
Casey county made it to the d2 region 2 regional championship and has 0 players selected. There were only about 30 8th grade lineman at the try outs. With o and dline that would be for both east and west it's hard to believe my 6'3 230lb guard that runs faster than most te's couldn't make the cut. Also with Wayne making the championship game and not having any players selected 1st team I believe the process is broken. Last year my QB and RB both started on the ky team but neither was selected all state. By selection to start ky team we are saying they were top in the state but not top in d2, what sense does that make. I think the selection process really needs to be looked at this off season sense so much of our money is going toward these selections with such a few minority represented.
One thing you need to understand. Speaking as someone who has looked at hundreds of nominations in years past for this game. Many of these coaches do not nominate. I know for a fact that not one kid from your school was nominated for the 8th KY team this year. It is easy to cast stones, but many times the problem is lack of nominations from coaches
Not sure who you're referring to, coach4life, but sometimes kids don't want to be in KY team. Travel, cost, and time are big issues.

I think all parties on here are discussing east-west game, and all are certain their kids were nominated.
Our coach did nominate, and the videos links were sent too. Im not talking about team Ky.. We were asked to do that last year too, but wasn't able to for the reasons mentioned above. No one is casting stones. Just stating facts.
tigersmom Wrote:Did their coaches nominate them? Did they turn in a highlight film?

Cardfan1 Wrote:Not sure who you're referring to, coach4life, but sometimes kids don't want to be in KY team. Travel, cost, and time are big issues.

I think all parties on here are discussing east-west game, and all are certain their kids were nominated.

You can actually go to the Kentucky Middle school Facebook page and watch their highlight films that we sent in.
coach4life Wrote:One thing you need to understand. Speaking as someone who has looked at hundreds of nominations in years past for this game. Many of these coaches do not nominate. I know for a fact that not one kid from your school was nominated for the 8th KY team this year. It is easy to cast stones, but many times the problem is lack of nominations from coaches

I'm not sure who you are talking to here?
The team can only have so many RB's and Qb's. I don't know this for a fact, but I guarantee that they probably get 8 RB's nominated to every one lineman. You can't just play with skill players.
I agree. It is a tough process with alot of players to go through. I heard they had 30 QBs and 50 RBs turn in applications just for the 8th grade team. We have had kids in the past miss out playing because they ran out of slots. The selection committee do the best they can - all you can do is turn in an application, a highlight video and hope for the best.
ok everyone gets there were plenty of nominations, so I guess I am excited to see who made the team since our guys didn't make it and arguably the best rb in the state from FS didn't make it.
I'm pretty sure we all agree there is a lot to do and choose from. I don't think anyone is questioning the hard work and dedication. It's the process that I struggle with. Especially when I summitted 3 lineman. I just find it troubling that a team like wayne that made it to the championship game has 0 players to make it and that at the tryouts i was told my 6'3 guard made the team but don't get an email about him telling me he has. It's hard to communicate to the parents about what is going on when we don't know ourselves and get the majority of our information from message boards
Pages: 1 2