Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian Wins D-3 State Title
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I didn't see a thread congratulating LCA, so I wanted to create one. All I heard prior to the playoffs was how Williamsburg, Meece, New Harlan, and Mayfield (wait a minute.....) were all going to be forces to be reckoned with. LCA seemed to come out of nowhere. Congrats guys.
Meece was a team to be reckoned with. Although we were down 6 starters at the end of the regular season from what I observed both Saturday and Sunday we would've faired very well not only against Edmonson but LCA. Congratulations on the victory! Guess we will just have to wait till varsity play. Where Somerset has done ok with them...wink.
Congratulations LCA!!! You have a lot of weapons on that team. I think people forget that this was the same team that finished in the semi-finals last year with a team made up of 60% 7th graders. If those kids can stay together LCA has a bright future!
LCA won the title and they did it within the rules. Maybe your high school coach can train your middle school coaching staff on the ethics of the game. Maybe that'll erase your what-if's of the future.
Like I said Meece would've faired well with the players that were playing. Meece being DQ'd was a raw deal for the boys but no need to go there because no one here wants to hear the facts. Meece coaches did do the ethical decision to suspend the player immediately upon finding out the player was too old, which was in the regular season. Our boys made it to the state semi's without the said player and deserved a chance to play.
It's not fair to LCA to taint their official thread with the Meece nonsense. See my response in the other thread about Meece.
Wildcat18 Wrote:It's not fair to LCA to taint their official thread with the Meece nonsense. See my response in the other thread about Meece.
I absolutely agree with you about LCA, they earned it and won the championship. However, you didn't need to mention Meece or any other team in this thread.
jumper1 Wrote:I absolutely agree with you about LCA, they earned it and won the championship. However, you didn't need to mention Meece or any other team in this thread.

The fact that I expected you all to be good? That was a compliment, but I wouldn't expect someone with sour grapes to take it as one. (My comment in parentheses was directed toward Mayfield only. I should have clarified that more.)
Thanks for the compliment, no hard feelings just different in opinions on how it should be handled.