Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Realignment Needed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Region 4 wins 3 of the 4 state titles. Should region 4 just save time and host it's own state tournament? Seems like the closest games are played in the first 3 rounds. Last 3 division 1 title games have been a let down. Region 4 should maybe be divided another way so maybe some other teams from that area get to go to Lexington. Clearly North Laurel was better than the two opponents Johnson faced in lex. Last year southern best competition came from Northern in the region title. Trend seems to be region 4 champ rolls through lex.
True Corbin 7 th grade won the state championship in paintsville when they beat jcms ,
I agree that Region 4 is dominant but realigning them so they are not together would just make a mess. Just because one region dominates doesn't mean it should be fixed so they don't win. EVen if you move teams from region 4 into other regions you probably will still have those same teams playing for title.

I think what needs to happen is teams from other regions need to study film, work their offense, and play there game to the best they can. Region 4 is still dominant no matter what but any team can be beat on any day.

Congrats to the champions and it's time to win FBU national titles and then prepare for a state title run next season...
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:I agree that Region 4 is dominant but realigning them so they are not together would just make a mess. Just because one region dominates doesn't mean it should be fixed so they don't win. EVen if you move teams from region 4 into other regions you probably will still have those same teams playing for title.

I think what needs to happen is teams from other regions need to study film, work their offense, and play there game to the best they can. Region 4 is still dominant no matter what but any team can be beat on any day.

Congrats to the champions and it's time to win FBU national titles and then prepare for a state title run next season...

Didn't they just realign 2 years ago? Southern Pulaski, Northern Pulaski, and Corbin all have won a championship out of the west but now are aligned in the east.
My point, it doesn't matter where you put these teams, they are going to win....to be the best you have to beat the best, so till then, they are the best!
Apparently teams in Western and Central Kentucky just don't take middle school football very seriously?

Or in the case of programs like Highlands and the Catholic school feeders (Trinity, X, etc.), don't really play middle school football at all.
I know at least in Hardin county the middle school programs have to compete for players with the youth leagues. We have three different youth leagues that kids can play in until they get to 9th grade
Bigdaddy6408, we have the same struggle here in jefferson county (Louisville). But instead of three leagues we have at least 5 different ones to go against.
Logistically speaking Johnson and some of the other North Eastern teams are closer to the lexington area than the other eastern and south eastern teams. Roughly a 3-4 hour drive for all the teams in Region 4 division 1 to Johnson and all of those teams are all closer to the lexington area. Johnson should probably be moved or the other schools like Pulaskis and Corbin, Knox, Whitley, Bell, New Harlan, North Laurel. all of those schools are considerably closer to the lexington schools and in most cases even the louisville schools.

Just my 2 cents but if they are going to use Johnson as the region site it should at least be a reasonable distance from the majority of the teams. Also before I am told to travel to Louisville for the coaches clinic and annual meeting, there needs to be at least a regional meeting so that this area can express their ideas for the schools who don't pay for their coaches to go to clinics and kmsfa meetings.

Not trying to down anything with the KMSFA these are just suggestions I have that I believe could make an already great organization even better and even more fair than it is. KMSFA is hands down the best thing that has ever happened to middle school football. It is a much better state championship than the comparable KBA tourneys for basketball. The all star weekend and FBU opportunities give these kids experiences that last a lifetime.
As for the regional sites, the highest seed in division 1 was given the regional championship host site. The administration has spoke on here many times about a neutral site or other options just not being financially justified for the organization. With a neutral site, volunteers aren't emotionally attached unless their team is playing. So without an interest or investment in the teams that are playing, concession workers and chain crews just to name a couple would be much harder to come by. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into hosting a regional final for 4 different divisions and without those having an interest in being there, as well as people being readily available to volunteer the event would fail.
The state championship game will continue to be the Region 4 Finals until the powerhouses are split. It's just how it is.
Maybe they should start doing the Region 4 All Stars vs the other three regions on east west weekend. Confusednicker:
Funny how those powers, outside of belfry, don't translate into HS championships
Anyone know the average age of the winning teams (using months)? I know in youth leagues it is the number one indicator of success.
barrel Wrote:Anyone know the average age of the winning teams (using months)? I know in youth leagues it is the number one indicator of success.

Where did you read this information?
At least 3/6 favorites for the KHSAA State Championships are in Louisville (CAL/Desales, Central, St. X/Trinity/Male) maybe it's time to realign?

No. Just because one region has a ton of talent doesn't mean change crap so 14 year old kids are traveling 300 miles in the first round so they can meet a team 10 minutes down the road in Lexington. The three odds on favorites (excluding Scott County) for 6A are in the same district. Just the way the cookie crumbles.
I guess i was right about N Laurel and JC being the two best teams in the state.
footballfever Wrote:Where did you read this information?

I'll see if I can dig it up. It was research using the different national youth leagues such as pop warner and AYF.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I guess i was right about N Laurel and JC being the two best teams in the state.

Belfry Middle has a pretty darn solid claim to #2...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry Middle has a pretty darn solid claim to #2...

If JC and North played 10 times, im pretty sure it would be 5-5.

Also, if North hadnt traveled 2 1/2 hours to JC, they might have done better than a 12-6 loss. North is really good. I would take them over anyone else.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If JC and North played 10 times, im pretty sure it would be 5-5.

Also, if North hadnt traveled 2 1/2 hours to JC, they might have done better than a 12-6 loss. North is really good. I would take them over anyone else.

Belfry lost in OT after leading for most of the first game and only lost by 6 in the Conference Championship as well... you have to go with Belfry after seeing them roll through the playoffs which North didn't have a chance to do.

Belfry has had probably one of the Top 2 or 3 overall 8th Grade teams the past two years now..pretty scary thought.
footballfever Wrote:Where did you read this information?

Common sense and having rosters of the teams in your leagues with birthdates. For example, Pee-wee 2nd and under, kids held back or that go to K+ in between kindergarten and 1st, who are 9 years old in 2nd grade, teams with a few 9 year olds will usually dominate. So using that math to go on up to 6th grade, teams with several hold backs (13 years old in 6th grade), usually dominate those leagues. Somerset is one of the "best" schools at doing this. Our teams in our county are always more competitive (obviously) when we have a couple of dominant hold backs. I don't love it, but this is how it's done. I think it benefits all the way up through high-school, all the way up to their senior year. However by most kids senior years the younger kids have gotten really toughened up by the older kids they've always competed against, so the playing field is more even.