Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Cent VS. Paintsville Middle School
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have a score from this game tonight?
42-12 Jcms.
Was it the 8th grade or 7th grade JCMS team. I think JC should do away with all that and have just one team. It will help them out when they get to HS, if they are playing behind an 8th grader well most likely when they get to HS they will still be playing behind them. Doing this would add to more chemistry for the team in the future. If its about them not getting any reps or game action at this early age, the 7th grade still has an 8th grade year, and when they get to HS they have Freshmen and JV ball. I think it will only help JC's team get stronger in the future if they do this.
They have two teams because is gets more kids out and gets them some reps. Yeah, the 7th grade team rarely wins but you can see a difference in the guys from their 7th to 8th grade years. I think it has worked very well in Johnson County. It's all about getting the best athletes out to play. Some kids won't play because they wouldn't get the time on the field. However, with two teams this isn't a problem. This game was the 8th grade team.
I still like the idea of one JC team, the kids are going to face guys bigger than them for several years anyways, why not go ahead and throw them in the fire. Also with the 7th graders, it will increase their athletic ability much sooner practicing with older kids, because to compete with the boys that have already played a middle school year you have to get better on a consistent basis. I think by doing what I wish they would do would make a lot more athletes than what they have right now.
Good job by the Johnson County 8th team despite the fumbling problems. I thought the offense looked good but not great. They've got to get smoother on the hand offs to the running backs though. That will come with more reps. Tanner Bratton is an absolute load and I enjoy watching him on the high school level the next four years. There were many bright spots for the young Eagles last night. For Paintsville I thought # 44 played great. Does anyone know who he is? Brett Reynolds looked pretty darn good also but just didn't have time do do much. I really wish both of the Reynolds brothers would've stayed in the county but they didn't and I wish them well playing for the Tigers.
PHSCARD Wrote:I still like the idea of one JC team, the kids are going to face guys bigger than them for several years anyways, why not go ahead and throw them in the fire. Also with the 7th graders, it will increase their athletic ability much sooner practicing with older kids, because to compete with the boys that have already played a middle school year you have to get better on a consistent basis. I think by doing what I wish they would do would make a lot more athletes than what they have right now.

Well, obviously JCMS knows what it is doing with its program cause the proof is in the pudding. We have 2 teams cause if not you would have roughly 80-100 kids on a middle school team. With 2 teams you allow the 7th graders who normally wouldnt get PT until they are in 8th grade a chance to experience middle school football. They do practice against older players, often they have little scrimmages between one another in practice. This is in my opinion the best feeder program in Eastern Kentucky and you dont fix something unless its broke and 8 out of 10 Big Sandy Conference Championships isnt to shabby in my opinion.
Kayaker Wrote:Well, obviously JCMS knows what it is doing with its program cause the proof is in the pudding. We have 2 teams cause if not you would have roughly 80-100 kids on a middle school team. With 2 teams you allow the 7th graders who normally wouldnt get PT until they are in 8th grade a chance to experience middle school football. They do practice against older players, often they have little scrimmages between one another in practice. This is in my opinion the best feeder program in Eastern Kentucky and you dont fix something unless its broke and 8 out of 10 Big Sandy Conference Championships isnt to shabby in my opinion.

I'm not doubting that they don't have the best feeder teams in EKY, but I think it all starts before they get to middle school. The creation of the JCAA or something like that where each feeder school to JC play one another was a good idea. I know that they have to know what they are doing over there because 8/10 championships isn't shabby by any means. Its just something I would like to see, obviously everyone else seems against it. I just think that in the long run it would just help build the chemistry between the players and have everyone on the same page as far as schemes go when they get to HS. They can go ahead and get aquainted and learn everyones moves and decisions that they make so they know what to expect when they get on the grander stage, and overall continue to build one of the rising powers in EKY football. Thats just my thinking, but like you said if its not broke, don't fix it.