Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meece vs Edmonson County Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Meece and Edmonson County will play at 9:00 am Saturday at Bryan Station High School. Thoughts and predictions? Meece comes into the game at 9 and 3 with losses to North Laurel and twice to Corbin. Edmonson County comes in undefeated.
Meece, Go Jumpers!
I feel we are playing great, especially with all of our injuries. Appreciate the support!
Anyone?
Bump

What happened to Meece?
i heard meece was disqualified. Is this true. playing an ineligible player is what I heard
??
I'll say 2-0 Edmonson
Just got a call. Campbellsville will replace Meece in championship game
campbellsville I hear is playing edmonson today instead of meece
Didn't play an ineligible player during tournament. When Meece learned that he was ineligible he was immediately suspended from the team. The KYMSFA flat out blew this one. Even if we forfeited the regular season games we would've been the last seed in our bracket, in which we we're anyway. Our boys deserved to play!!!!!!!! They made it to the state semis without him.
jumper1 Wrote:Didn't play an ineligible player during tournament. When Meece learned that he was ineligible he was immediately suspended from the team. The KYMSFA flat out blew this one. Even if we forfeited the regular season games we would've been the last seed in our bracket, in which we we're anyway. Our boys deserved to play!!!!!!!! They made it to the state semis without him.

Sounds like your coach blew it. He's the one who has to dot the I's and cross the T's. Good luck to Campbellsville.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sounds like your coach blew it. He's the one who has to dot the I's and cross the T's. Good luck to Campbellsville.

I would agree if the boy played in the tournament but he didn't.
Campbellsville lost 14 to 12.
was it not the mcCreary co running back? Sounds like it was another kid that was ineligible?
jumper1 Wrote:I would agree if the boy played in the tournament but he didn't.

That makes no difference. You play the regular season to get seeded for the playoffs. You have to turn those scores in for seeding, so those games matter. It sucks for the rest of the team. Your target shouldn't be on the KMSFA, it should be on your coach. It could have been avoided with the proper preparation on his part.
What was it that actually made the kid ineligible?
Wildcat18 Wrote:That makes no difference. You play the regular season to get seeded for the playoffs. You have to turn those scores in for seeding, so those games matter. It sucks for the rest of the team. Your target shouldn't be on the KMSFA, it should be on your coach. It could have been avoided with the proper preparation on his part.
We were already the last seed in the tournament. That was my point that we gained no advantage.
jumper1 Wrote:When Meece learned that he was ineligible he was immediately suspended from the team.

Did the Meece coach also self-report the violation immediately and voluntarily forfeit all games in which the ineligible player participated?

If not, then I certainly can understand why they weren't permitted to play today.
Old Jumper Wrote:Did the Meece coach also self-report the violation immediately and voluntarily forfeit all games in which the ineligible player?
I don't know what was reported or when. I know that nothing was being hidden about the situation. Meece administration knew. Messamore was suspended for this weekends games and was levied a $250 fine. Then yesterday the great surprise of being disqualified, nothing changed from he being suspended to be disqualified. That's why the sour grapes on my end.
jumper1 Wrote:I don't know what was reported or when. I know that nothing was being hidden about the situation. Meece administration knew. Messamore was suspended for this weekends games and was levied a $250 fine. Then yesterday the great surprise of being disqualified, nothing changed from he being suspended to be disqualified. That's why the sour grapes on my end.

There's a distinct difference between "not hiding" a mistake and proactively/professionally self-reporting it and going above/beyond to rectify its consequences, real or perceived. At any rate, the guilty rarely have grounds to claim injustice. And yes, it's a shame for the kids, and it's embarrassing to the program.

How does an oversight like this occur, or do I already know the answer? Let me guess; was the kid a first-year "transfer" student? Hopefully, yes. Otherwise, the young man has been attending our school system for years and the ineptitude runs much deeper.
Hate to hear this
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sounds like your coach blew it. He's the one who has to dot the I's and cross the T's. Good luck to Campbellsville.
Our coach is not to blame at all I am one of the players and we did everything by book the we got DQ because when we filled out our physicals the parents and coaches did them together to help so we could get done quicker therefore since they closely examined our papers because of that player that was to old they figured that they should check all of the physicals and the different hand writing made it look like the coach's cheated