Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin redhound's seventh grade!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Redhounds took care of business today @ Johnson Central!!! Looking for another middle school state title!!! The pipeline is building up for the hounds to start dominating again!!!!

Go Big Red!!!
Good job to young hounds.
Congratulations Redhounds. It was a tough battle. Very proud of our Eagles.
Corbin very impressive will represent eastern kentucky well. Offensive line was difference in the game went on 13 play 7 minute drive in 2nd half just wore Eagles down.Two well coached football teams very hard hitting exciting game.
Way to go Red Hounds, You went into the eagle nest and swiped their thunder. The Warrior nation will be pulling for You Guys... Bring home the hardware Hounds!!! Show what the rest of Southern KY already knew, the Hounds 7th are for real!!!
Congrats to the Redhounds!!!
How many 6th graders are playing on this Corbin team? Studs? Any kids I should watch for on Saturday?
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:How many 6th graders are playing on this Corbin team? Studs? Any kids I should watch for on Saturday?

No 6th graders play. All students only play their respective grade.
Corbin plays Elkhorn, does Elkhorn have a shot at beating Corbin.
Where does Corbin get all their 6th readers from? I want the best and biggest kids from throughout the state.
Go Big Red! Wrote:The Redhounds took care of business today @ Johnson Central!!! Looking for another middle school state title!!! The pipeline is building up for the hounds to start dominating again!!!!

Go Big Red!!!

Winning at 1 grade level does not always translate into winning later. The Corbin Juniors won State titles as 7th and 8th graders but as Soph and Jrs they have had a losing season and two 3rd place district finishes. When you are involved in 3A-6A football 1 good class has to have support from classes ahead and behind them.
footballfever Wrote:Winning at 1 grade level does not always translate into winning later. The Corbin Juniors won State titles as 7th and 8th graders but as Soph and Jrs they have had a losing season and two 3rd place district finishes. When you are involved in 3A-6A football 1 good class has to have support from classes ahead and behind them.

They actually only won 1 state title and are 7-2 so far this year as juniors. You are correct though, winning middle school titles means very little once you get to high school.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They actually only won 1 state title and are 7-2 so far this year as juniors. You are correct though, winning middle school titles means very little once you get to high school.

No, they won 2 state championships during middle school. They won as 7th graders and again as 8th graders. For you to post as much as you do about the hounds one would assume you should know this.
SEKYFAN Wrote:They actually only won 1 state title and are 7-2 so far this year as juniors. You are correct though, winning middle school titles means very little once you get to high school.
Actually they won TWO both 7th and 8th grade in 2009 and 2010. Both being blow out wins. And by the way both their loses this year as juniors have been by 7
footballfever Wrote:Winning at 1 grade level does not always translate into winning later. The Corbin Juniors won State titles as 7th and 8th graders but as Soph and Jrs they have had a losing season and two 3rd place district finishes. When you are involved in 3A-6A football 1 good class has to have support from classes ahead and behind them.

This is interesting topic to me. I wonder just how much does success at the middle school level translate to the high school level. Why don't we do some research and see how past state champions, finalists, and even semi-finalists at the MS level have faired during their HS careers.
Their are many factors that go into keeping kids together on high school teams from middle school. It takes a lot more dedication and hard work in high school. Getting in the weight room during winter months and dedicating your self to getting bigger and stronger.Most kids in middle school have never seen a weight program or been properly supervised in how to lift without injuring their selves. Keeping kids involved is just a lot harder in high school so many other distractions that are to numerous to name.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Where does Corbin get all their 6th readers from? I want the best and biggest kids from throughout the state.

Whitley County's elementary is K-6th. They have 6 Elemetary schools.
One of those schools is Oak Grove, which is about 5 miles from Corbin primary.

When its time to go to middle school at Whitley, a lot of these kids switch to Corbin since its actually closer than driving all the way to Wburg to go to middle school in seventh grade.

So a lot of kids Corbin has had in the past started out at Whitley.

Oak Grove also has the most students out of all the Whitley elemntary schools.

I went to Oak Grove when i was a kid and we lost at least a quarter of our football team to Corbin from 6th grade to 7th grade. Corbins middle is 6th-8th, so some of the kids that play on Corbin 7th grade team come from Whitley the year before.

Not sure how much do it now, but Whitley use to lose a lot of kids to Corbin because of that.

However, Whitley also had 5 other elementary schools to choose from so it didnt really hurt the overall numbers, but a lot of talent was lost.
Those young Redhounds look pretty good. 7th Grade State Champs.
Congratulations
Corbin middle school is just 7 & 8 grade.
^
Did that change when the new school was built a few years ago?