Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 55 East Carter 13 (8th Grade Div. 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Johnson Cent. East Carter was the best team up in northeast KY and Belfry just destroyed them it was 42 to 0 at the half. But congrats to the Raiders they had a great season. Best of luck to Belfry they are a great team and I think will be tough to beat.
Shout out to the Pirates...came out strong and never looked back.a total team effort...
Belfry is a notch above anybody in Division 2. Good luck Belfry. Go win state.
Congrats young Bucs!!!
Hats off to the pirates they played a great game. East came out flat and never really got started to bad turnovers in the 1st quarter hurt! Go luck to Belfry they will be hard to beat! I see another Region 4 state title...
Any stats or scoring recap?

Would love to know the names of the kids Belfry has coming up. I have heard the Varney kid is the real deal and that the Hunter kid may have the ability to contribute as a Freshman as a kick returner or a WR.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Any stats or scoring recap?

Would love to know the names of the kids Belfry has coming up. I have heard the Varney kid is the real deal and that the Hunter kid may have the ability to contribute as a Freshman as a kick returner or a WR.

I'll get stats and put up tomorrow after coach watches the film we came out ready to play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Any stats or scoring recap?

is the Varney kid a rb? who next yr for high school be there fb and hb,besides X if he plays next yr, needa bruiser in the middle and some size and speed at the hb,and is Taylor going move to qb?
cuppett777 Wrote:is the Varney kid a rb? who next yr for high school be there fb and hb,besides X if he plays next yr, needa bruiser in the middle and some size and speed at the hb,and is Taylor going move to qb?

Hatfield is only a Junior so your FB is more than set the next 4year.

Hopefully X is back at HB.. wouldn't surprise me to see Fletcher move to HB.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Hatfield is only a Junior so your FB is more than set the next 4year.

Hopefully X is back at HB.. wouldn't surprise me to see Fletcher move to HB.

ok thanks ..
If it ends up Wayne vs Belfry, we might see a good ball game.
East Carter most definitely didn't play their "A" game! Thanks 16BBallFan...East was definitely the best in our area as the East Division Champs and we will take Region Runner up....that's a lot to be proud of! I think playing another good, well disciplined team like Belfry only makes a team better in the long run! Good luck Pirates in your quest for the championship title!
East did win the east division but Simons won the west and the overall conference and beat east twice so to say you are the best in the area might be stretching it a little bit.
Bentley....a little bitter? Simons wasn't even mentioned.... Regardless.....I was responding to another person on here who stated East was the best in northern KY. (16BBall Fan) no argument needed on here...when simons did beat East the score showed "barely" and you guys can thank the Referees for the EKC title...But I do have to congratulate Simons on having a great season.
Not at all. Anyone who watched these teams play know who had the better team this year. Do you always blame the refs when you lose ?
Bentley..haha your pretty funny! East and Simons are a great match up no doubt!! Everyone who was at the EKC game knows exactly what call was made for u guys to score...and win. Knowing people on the board who deal with the Refs and knowing of that play now is a after fact and I'm just Speaking facts. Regardless you can't change that. You guys are the EKC champs...Congrats for that! We were happy with Being in the top 8 in State!! Good luck
to your boys next year in high school!!
No A game to it and I mean no offense but belfry ran through them like a buzz saw even on the best day idt EC could come close to belfry........ when bms comes to play theyre tough to beat heck even I thought ec would beat them and ithink a good team up front will
bhsuknow92 Wrote:No A game to it and I mean no offense but belfry ran through them like a buzz saw even on the best day idt EC could come close to belfry........ when bms comes to play theyre tough to beat heck even I thought ec would beat them and ithink a good team up front will
Who are you picking to beat us now uknow?
Yea...it was rough one for East....no offense taken bhsuknow 92! East definitely earned the spot to be there...but it was by far not their game. Lol... Belfry is a talented football team....I see them with another state title!!
Hey guys, just want to give a shout out to Belfry, we arrived in the second qtr and they were very impressive to me. Let's keep it in the eastern part of our state with you guys and New Harlan, I think our chances are good.. So good luck guys.
Plugg66 Wrote:Hey guys, just want to give a shout out to Belfry, we arrived in the second qtr and they were very impressive to me. Let's keep it in the eastern part of our state with you guys and New Harlan, I think our chances are good.. So good luck guys.

Thanks i hope both teams goes and wins it all.