Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Harlan vs Pikeville UPDATES
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone at the game or who gains knowledge about the game today please give us some updates. Having to be at the office today, so couldn't make the trip....Go Pats!
I will do my best as long as I'm here.
24 minutes til kickoff
Any updates?
Looks like about 27 dressed for the Panthers (white/maroon pants) and 28 for New Harlan who have some sharp uniforms with red tops and navy pants.
New Harlan to kickoff, goes through the Panther defenders legs and New Harlan recovers

First play #20 takes it 33 yards for a Patriot touchdown.

New Harlan leads 8-0 just 11 seconds in.
New Harlan nearly recovers another onside kick... Panther football at their own 42
Run up the middle for little to nothing
Screen to #84 Byers for 3 yards
Fumbled fake handoff by the QB and it's Patriot football in panther territory
#20 takes the handoff for NH gets 4 before 84 Cade Byers eats him up great defensive play.
Fumbled snap, #20 Stapleton picks it up and is wrapped up and slips out for a huge gain. What a play.
1st and 10 from the pikeville 15 for NH. Timeout Maroon
Counter run by #20 Stapleton for 3 yards.
Another up the gut run by #20 Stapleton for New Harlan... Gets about 3 or 4
Stapleton chews up another helping of yardage for a first down New Harlan.
Feed him! Touchdown Paul Stapleton for the Patriots of New Harlan. 2 pt by Sfapleton is good

3:26 to go in the first and it's 16-0 and Paul Stapleton has the attention of every Team KY and East-West official here.... Or at least should
Onside kick recovered by the Patriots, fumbled, and picked back up by New Harlan. Timeout Pikeville
#23 Carmichael a 2 yard carry for NH. Personal foul against Pikeville gives New Harlan 15 free yards and rattles the chains. 1st and 10
Stapleton fumbles the handoff catches it off the bounce trucks a defender and gets 8 yards... JCs press box plays a train horn. Very accurate

Somehow #15 ends up with it on a play that confused even me... 1st down Patriots.
Stapleton continues to gnaw yardage... 9 yard carry.
Stapleton gets the first down... Away from the ball 23 drives his man 10 yards down the field and to the turf. Wow. First and goal Patriots
QB sneaks it in touchdown Patriots. #14 Branson.

The Harlan line is pushing the Pikeville defense wherever they want to go and Stapleton is making whoever doesn't get blocked pay... Totally mismatched up front. 2 point conversion converted by Stapleton

24-0 NH
pikeville has gotten no chance to touch the ball. 20.4 left in the first. I believe Pikeville has had one offensive possession and fumbled it away.
24-0New Harlan near end of 1st.
Finally on the fourth kickoff Pikeville respects the onside kick and scoots up. 84 picks up the kickoff and Pikeville has a first down at their own 40.
Deep pass attempt to 84 is incomplete
Pikeville throws a screen that gets nothing. Pikeville coaches yelling to block someone but at this point Harlan is just all over them.
24-0 as the dreadful first ends.

Bout to pack outta here the wind is starting to blow
QB draw play gets no gain. 4th down now for Pikeville. Pikeville is going to punt... But penalties will back them up 5 yards.
Back to punt again. Pretty decent punt out of bounds and the Patriots take over at their own 35
First down Staplston... This kids feet never stop moving and that's why he's successful. Man his line is good too.

Deep pass is WIDE open, throw is almost there but the Panther defender makes it just in time to interfere. First down Patriots on the penalty
Stapleton puts another in the column and the play by play will be ending for me. Haha. 32-0
Thanks for the updates. Stapleton is crazy good. Go Pats!
What quarter and time left?
Wow! Cade Byers with a sensational catch for Pikeville. Catches another short right after. Coach Mac at PHS must be excited
32-0 2nd quarter 1 minute left
Cade Byers (I may be spelling that wrong) breathing some life into pikeville... Doesn't matter can't convert from the Patriot 4 and it'll be 32-0 at the half. Hate to say it but 84 Byers is all Pikeville has working right now.
Tough match up it looks like. I think the young guys made some good strides. Nice group coming up from 6th grade. In a couple of years, Pikeville will be a big factor in the tournament, IMO. The turnaround to beat a good Paintsville team was awesome and a good indicator of improvement.

Stay working hard guys, it will pay off down the road!
Score???