Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky vs. Texas State (Predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kentucky -49
Texas State -18
Dont want to predict, but I do just want to see UK get out to an early lead and start working on some things such as rush defense and trying to get a run game established.
Texas State 28
UK 14 if there lucky to even score.
Batpuff Wrote:Texas State 28

If i were a beeting man, i would bet my entire savings and my parents house that will not happen. Kentucky wins this one big. We have talent, we just need to exploit that talent. a 1-AA school is the perfect oppurtunity to show it.
Batpuff Wrote:Texas State 28

Yeah since the offense only managed to put up 28 against Louisville who returned pretty much their whole defense, I'm sure that will happen.
yeah Texas State shouldn't even be a test for the Cats...Lville just had too much fire power and im sure Texas State doesnt have nearly the talent
UK 42-10
UK should win big.. I hope they do
UK will win
corndog23 Wrote:If i were a beeting man, i would bet my entire savings and my parents house that will not happen. Kentucky wins this one big. We have talent, we just need to exploit that talent. a 1-AA school is the perfect oppurtunity to show it.

Pretty sad when you have to show off your "supposed" talent against the runts who aren't even in your league. BYE BYE Coach Brooks. You have had a great tenure here but its time for another coach to come to UK and suck.
venom93 Wrote:Pretty sad when you have to show off your "supposed" talent against the runts who aren't even in your league. BYE BYE Coach Brooks. You have had a great tenure here but its time for another coach to come to UK and suck.

We showed our talent against UL, but some of you fools neglected to see it.
corndog23 Wrote:We showed our talent against UL, but some of you fools neglected to see it.

You are right. UK will win the SEC. The talent is abundant and the coaching is great. The UL game was a great showing.
corndog23 Wrote:We showed our talent against UL, but some of you fools neglected to see it.

Showed our talent whats that the lack of of stopping the run the lack of stopping the pass, yea we sure did on the way to giving up 631 yards if total offense.

There is no way that UK should have given up that much they are an SEC school. The SEC schools usually are a much better than that no matter who they are playing.
venom93 Wrote:You are right. UK will win the SEC. The talent is abundant and the coaching is great. The UL game was a great showing.

yeh thats what i said...way to go venom
corndog23 Wrote:yeh thats what i said...way to go venom
I understand what Corn is saying here...and yes the Cats DID show they have some talent..but they did run into a buzzsaw Sunday night...631 yds is a crazy number for your D to give up...but I think this season won't become a total bust
venom93 Wrote:Pretty sad when you have to show off your "supposed" talent against the runts who aren't even in your league. BYE BYE Coach Brooks. You have had a great tenure here but its time for another coach to come to UK and suck.

Great attitude there. Time for another coach to come to UK and suck? Everyday I think I see the most ridiculous post I come in the next day just to see something even more ridiculous. That's you today. So congrats on that.

Coach Brooks is working with his first year of recruits. I know it's cliche but this team is still young. They went up against one of the top offenses in all of college football. I honestly have no clue what some of you idiots thought would happen. If you thought UK would win this game on the road after playing Louisville so close last year it's your own fault for being so stupid.

You just admitted it wasn't Coach Brooks' fault by saying time for another coach to some and suck, and as long as moron fans have that attitude no recruits are going to want to come to UK to play in front of people like you. It's common sense that maybe the problem isn't just in the A.D. or the Coaching department but in the mirror of some of your homes.

One freakin' game and you people call the whole season off. The fact that some of you were so naive to think that UK would come out and amaze you is ridiculous.
I hope UK wins
UK by 17
Uk Baby!!!!!!!!!!!
Texas state is a 1AA school so let hope and pray the boys in blue dont pull a Duke or Colorado.
Cats by 21......................I hope
alfus21 Wrote:Great attitude there. Time for another coach to come to UK and suck? Everyday I think I see the most ridiculous post I come in the next day just to see something even more ridiculous. That's you today. So congrats on that.

Coach Brooks is working with his first year of recruits. I know it's cliche but this team is still young. They went up against one of the top offenses in all of college football. I honestly have no clue what some of you idiots thought would happen. If you thought UK would win this game on the road after playing Louisville so close last year it's your own fault for being so stupid.

You just admitted it wasn't Coach Brooks' fault by saying time for another coach to some and suck, and as long as moron fans have that attitude no recruits are going to want to come to UK to play in front of people like you. It's common sense that maybe the problem isn't just in the A.D. or the Coaching department but in the mirror of some of your homes.

One freakin' game and you people call the whole season off. The fact that some of you were so naive to think that UK would come out and amaze you is ridiculous.

I am not sure what gives you the right to call me a "moron fan". You and Corndog, bash other peoples teams on this sight and whenever someone says something bad about UK football or basketball, you two go off on them. I thought everybody had a right to an opinion on this sight, but evidently I am wrong. I may not be a "Moderator" or an expert as obviously you two are, but I feel like I should be able to express my opinion without one of you two questioning my intelligence.

My guess is that student tickets are still pretty cheap and easy to come by, as it was when I went to UK. However, when you have to buy season tickets and give money to the K fund to purchase them, I expect to see a little better product on the field. I didn't expect UK to win, but I did expect to see a little more prepared team. I don't mind losing... I have been in the stands to see them do it many times in many different situations. If they are going to lose I just want them to make it close or exciting and look ready to play. It may not be all Coach Brooks, but his squads have never looked prepared. When the traffic cops have to be prepared for the crowd to leave halftime against SEC teams, something is wrong.

If you really think Brooks is the answer and that he will turn it around, then I disagree. The program looked good under Morris, but they let him get away. Why not pay the man what we are paying Brooks?

Corndog, in a previous post you predicted UK would win 7 games and go to a bowl. I have to point out that we don't play that many games against Div 1 AA oponents. If we don't win at home against Ole Miss, the season is over. That is the biggest game of the season in my opinion.

I am sure I will be kicked off of this site for giving my thoughts against UK football, but that's fine. You all are the real losers for not wanting something better to cheer for on Saturdays.
You will not be kicked off for expressing your opinion. If anything we are the most open site you will find. I hope you enjoy your stay.
venom93 Wrote:I am not sure what gives you the right to call me a "moron fan". You and Corndog, bash other peoples teams on this sight and whenever someone says something bad about UK football or basketball, you two go off on them. I thought everybody had a right to an opinion on this sight, but evidently I am wrong. I may not be a "Moderator" or an expert as obviously you two are, but I feel like I should be able to express my opinion without one of you two questioning my intelligence.

My guess is that student tickets are still pretty cheap and easy to come by, as it was when I went to UK. However, when you have to buy season tickets and give money to the K fund to purchase them, I expect to see a little better product on the field. I didn't expect UK to win, but I did expect to see a little more prepared team. I don't mind losing... I have been in the stands to see them do it many times in many different situations. If they are going to lose I just want them to make it close or exciting and look ready to play. It may not be all Coach Brooks, but his squads have never looked prepared. When the traffic cops have to be prepared for the crowd to leave halftime against SEC teams, something is wrong.

If you really think Brooks is the answer and that he will turn it around, then I disagree. The program looked good under Morris, but they let him get away. Why not pay the man what we are paying Brooks?

Corndog, in a previous post you predicted UK would win 7 games and go to a bowl. I have to point out that we don't play that many games against Div 1 AA oponents. If we don't win at home against Ole Miss, the season is over. That is the biggest game of the season in my opinion.

I am sure I will be kicked off of this site for giving my thoughts against UK football, but that's fine. You all are the real losers for not wanting something better to cheer for on Saturdays.

I can't believe you said the program looked "good" under Morris. That was a pretty bold statement to say the last. It wasn't Brooks' fault that UK was hit was recruiting violations, and he did a great job this past season with his first full recruiting class. I do agree and think that Ole Miss is a big game, and I wouldn't mind something better to cheer, but I'm not going to bitch and moan about it because all that's going to do is bring the team down even more. I'll support UK Football no matter what because as an optimistic person I can see the the glass is half full and that we are on the uprise. When UK does start winning I can't wait to see how many people jump back on the wagon and say they knew it all along. Building a program from the ground up takes longer than the time Brooks has had. And that's exactly what he is doing. There's no other way around it, and for fans to think UK can become a contender in the top conference in America overnight is foolish and somewhat "fantasy" similar. Give it time, it was one game and you're already freaking out. Still a long season to go.
53-10 UK wins
i'm not saying morris is better than brooks.. even though i think he was he did go 7-4 two seasons in a role but the fact is if it wasn't for mitch barnharts connection to brooks earlier in his career brooks wouldn't be at uk and we would have a differnce makeing coach. They'll give brooks probably a couple more years to be competitive and then he'll be gone because i'm not sure if he can do it but until we hire a coach that has an all time winning record and is know for turning programs around in just a few years uk will not have a team worth feilding
if the cats drop this one they have to drop brooks.
Neither will happen
corndog23 Wrote:If i were a beeting man, i would bet my entire savings and my parents house that will not happen. Kentucky wins this one big. We have talent, we just need to exploit that talent. a 1-AA school is the perfect oppurtunity to show it.
\

Well Texas State is the 25th ranked team in D1-AA, so they could give UK a little bit of a scare, but UK should pull it out pretty easily, if not Brooks is on his hottest seat ever
Uk--56
Uts-14
Game is delayed, Severe T-storms moving into Lexington
BelfryPride Wrote:Game is delayed, Severe T-storms moving into Lexington

Any updates on the start time? The last I heard is that it will be at 6:30.