Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (13) Louisville 59 Kentucky 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bush is out for the rest of the season with a broken tibia... Brohm comes back good though
The passing offense looked good tonight as Burton and Lyons Jr. really exploded down field for some big plays. Woodson looked confident and looks primed to have a big year if everybody stays healthy.

I think the rushing game will come along now that the passing game is doing better. UofL keyed in on Little all night, so he couldn't get anything going. Brooks and company will take a look at the tape and figure out how to get Little more involved if they can't run the ball better.

But Burton looked really good tonight, and we can only hope he stays healthy this season so we can finally see what he's made of.

The Pass Defense looked better than I expected considering the corners are so inexperienced but the Rush defense has to do something, or anything to stop people from running all over us. I mean over 350 yards rushing tonight for Louisville. Thats just beyond belief.

Woodyard looked great tonight totaling up a to of tackles and Johnson showed some signs of what is to come for his bright future.

All in all, this 31 point loss wasn't as depressing as it may seems, because UK didn't lose anybody to injury and really laid some hard hits on Louisville tonight. I'm not sure but I don't think Kentucky had but 1 turnover, and that was by Pulley which is another huge positive sign.
alfus21 Wrote:I don't think Kentucky had but 1 turnover, and that was by Pulley which is another huge positive sign.
VERY good point! The Cats took great care of the ball tonight. I will wait a couple of more games before I form an opinion on the team. Playing against a top team makes it hard to form an opinion. The young Cats showed some sparks tonight, so give them a couple of games to get some experience then IMO some good things will happen.

I just love how people give up after only one game against a possible National Championship team. I don't see how you can expect that much from a young team.
Beef Wrote:I just love how people give up after only one game against a possible National Championship team. I don't see how you can expect that much from a young team.

I know what you mean. Nothing to give up on. Louisville is one of the top teams in the country and it was at their home field. I took a lot of positives from this game.
I feel really good about this team...that is the #1 offense in the country we just faced, so really, i cant say im too surprised. Burton was a man tonight, as was Andre IMO. The run defense really killed us. i was pretty impressed with the young befensive backs we had, but the d-line let me down. i was looking for more. really feel bad for mike bush....hope he is alright, and i think the smart move on his part would be to NOT take a RS year and go on to the pros.
Was so relieved to see that he took a 2 million dollar insurance policy for coming back!
Louisville could have scored 70 points on the Cats if they did not have the mental let-down after taking the 31-0 lead. I applaud UK for playing hard, but they are really bad.
I think UK played hard and their defense really got to Brohm. I think we'll be just fine. There seems to be a different attitude with this team, a never give up attitude.

Go Big Blue !
I think UK will have a long season... I may be wrong but I didn't think they looked too great last night
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Louisville could have scored 70 points on the Cats if they did not have the mental let-down after taking the 31-0 lead. I applaud UK for playing hard, but they are really bad.

It wasn't a mental let down, it was UK's defense stepping up and the offense keeping the defense off the field a little bit more.
I most definately seen signs of life from the Cats tonight...yeah it's an embarrassing loss but this team was strong
Another thing i want to say...my apologies to everyone who read in the prediction thread my anlysis of the UK RB and the UL RB...boy was i wrong...top to bottom, UL at RB (with Bush) could be one of the deadliest in the country..but we will never know...but hey, i think i did pretty good on my bold WR predictions huh?? lol
i don't really know what to think about them.. they did show flashes of excellence but all of their scoreing drives took an average of 40 secounds thats not good UK needs to be able to sustain a drive to win any games and the defense was just way out manned imo but they'll work on some schemes and it will get better UL was ontop of everything we could do expecially the running game which will also get better i don't think Little will be bottled up everyweek
alfus21 Wrote:It wasn't a mental let down, it was UK's defense stepping up and the offense keeping the defense off the field a little bit more.
Ok. I still think that up 31-0 that UL let down their guard and the intensity slipped. I give UK credit for taking advantage of it, but it was more of UL's not playing with the same intensity that caused the 28 points.