Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wayne county
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious what's their record who have they played?
Meece, Northern Middle, Southern Middle, McCreary Co and Monroe Co....all that I know.
The 8th grade has a record of 9/2, also played bluegrass west port, Casey Co, Glasgow, Spencer Co
They haven't played bluegrass. They'll play bluegrass in the simi finals if they both win Saturday
Meece shut them out winning by 2 tds and Southern Pulaski beat them I think 22-14/16. Wayne scored there 2nd td on last play of game against Southern.
Wayne is a good team, prolly better then Bluegrass if they were to play.
Finally seen some film and Wayne's D-line is small bluegrass's O-line would have a field day on them
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Finally seen some film and Wayne's D-line is small bluegrass's O-line would have a field day on them

b i g
that dont spell good.......
It don't spell well for Wayne county but i do give them credit they get 11 hats to the football on defense and they have 2 solid running backs
Bluegrass better put them away early because if Wayne lingers around til the end, my money is on them. This will be the best game in Lexington in my opinion. The winner gets whatever Belfry wants to give them. Good luck to both teams.
Big Daddy........keep believing your squad will have a field day, keep posting highlights of your guys scoring and dancing, don't worry about Wayne County they'll be lucky to get by Casey County. They can't match your size, speed, strength, or coaching!
My comment is in two years they have a 19-4 record against some of the better teams in this area and are a 7th grade Semifinalist and playing for a regional championship this weekend. They may not the best team around, but don't put your dancing shoes on just yet. Roll Cards!!!!
I hope bluegrass' linemen like getting bearcrawled and blocking quick kids. I know most big linemen certainly dont. Wayne beat Northern in a thriller and northern has a huge line that by no means dominated the game. Wayne has a lot of talent and has played a tough schedule. I pick them to play Belfry in the final and it will probably be one of the toughest opponents Belfry has played. Not sure if Belfry can be beat in D-2 but I think if someone does, it will be Wayne. Belfry is a monster and played the best team in D-1 in two very close losses and hasnt been challenged otherwise. I'm looking for a possible Region 4 sweep in the playoffs this year.
Their d line is small, but man they are quick and fire off. If you've got a big slow line that isn't quick enough to shoot their hands on them and move laterally at all, they'll be in the back field creating havoc. They tackle low and drive through ever tackle. If you watch Wayne Counties high-school, same way, they are not big, but quick and strong for their size and just perfect tackling mechanics. I think that they'll try to utilize this small line the same way in high-school, get them on the weights and make them as powerful as the big O-lineman but way more explosive, quick, and fast. Of course extra size is a plus, but they better be able to move against that team (especially their high-school). From my experience Meece has the single best player in middle school football, at least that I've seen this year. If anyone can shut that kid down I'd be surprised. I figured they would beat Wayne. However Wayne does have 2 good running backs, one is really good, the other is solid. The quarterback could start for anyone in middle school, in my opinion. He was already a great player last year, in 7th, we had a hard time with him.
wayne is a good team. but they are not a great team. I seen some of their games. I think that if they were in a different bracket, that results would be different. I know south Pulaski handled them very easily. meece did as well. I like wayne. but if the were in south Pulaski, corbin and Johnson bracket. they wouldn't had made past the first round.
Yes Wayne co has played Bluegrass West port, they played them in a bowl game in Lex, it was even close.
Wayne played Westport in the bluegrass bowl in Lexington, but I don't think they played bluegrass middle.
We did not play Bluegrass Middle. Mystery solved.

I am the biggest Wayne Fan but pretty sure we would struggle in d1 region 4 as would most if not all teams in the state. I think we will stay in D2 region 2 if it's all the same.

You guys are thinking too far in the future. Region finals are tomorrow. Good luck to all teams.
footballdad45 Wrote:wayne is a good team. but they are not a great team. I seen some of their games. I think that if they were in a different bracket, that results would be different. I know south Pulaski handled them very easily. meece did as well. I like wayne. but if the were in south Pulaski, corbin and Johnson bracket. they wouldn't had made past the first round.
Wayne did not choose the part of the bracket they were placed in, therefore; you are in no position to say they wouldn't make it past the first round somewhere else. Yeah they lost to Southern and Meece but that was early in the season. This is a team that has improved and from what I have watched they play hungry for a win very game. Wayne is a good team and it doesn't matter who they play. If you haven't watched them you're missing out.
I know Wayne is a very good team, but praying they don't have their best game tomorrow. Lol.