Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg's -Edmonton score ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know the score of this game
Heard Edmonson won by a comfortable score.
Final score
Edmonson 26
Williamsburg 6

Was well played. Edmonson just played better. So, good luck Edmonson. Hope you go all the way.
Classified Wrote:Final score
Edmonson 26
Williamsburg 6

Was well played. Edmonson just played better. So, good luck Edmonson. Hope you go all the way.

Dang not what I was wanting to hear.good luck edmonson :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
64SUR Wrote:Dang not what I was wanting to hear.good luck edmonson :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

Me either but the team was torn apart this week and I'm not sure they got over it. I think it was a bad deal all around the way things were done. It only hurt the kids and made them a mess. But I guess it's over now and most will move on to basketball here.
the whole deal sucks. Hurt school , Football program bad, Wburg at one time had best team in state.
What happen,did someone get hurt? They were my pick to win D3
Coachried to be Vince Lombardi screwed the whole school up
From what I heard parents destroyed this team. Tore team and the coaches apart. Happens sometimes, when parents try to coach.
PRIDE101 Wrote:From what I heard parents destroyed this team. Tore team and the coaches apart. Happens sometimes, when parents try to coach.

WRONG Parents had nothing to do with winning 7 games in a row then changing the team personell and losing to teams that they could beat any day of the week, they looked like lynn camp with the double reverses that didn't work , and crazy Sxxx that was not necessary. COACHES tried to show how well they could coach and destroyed the best team in the state. PARENTS DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING young coaches who couldn't coach did them in HURT THE PROGRAM AND WAS TERRIBLE FOR THE KIDS> I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THAT PARENT AS A COACH AND WOULBig Grin NOT ALOW THE COACH THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEM TO GET NEAR THE TEAM>.............PEROID By changing personell they scored 2 TWO extra points in 14 attempts, GOOD COACHING YOU BE THE JUDGE
PRIDE101 Wrote:From what I heard parents destroyed this team. Tore team and the coaches apart. Happens sometimes, when parents try to coach.
when you try to convince someone of something and can't get anybody on your side you always say I HEARD, this insinuates the whole population is agreeing with your next sentence which is what you want everyone to believe in the first place. I didn't hear this the parent's said this to me directly, one coach stunk the place up, was a terrible coach and if he coached their kid next they would move him to WC, Truth is he screwed not only several kids up, He screwed up a beautiful piece of history for a middle school who would have been playing for the stat championship and had an excellent chance of winning. DON"T TRY TO PULL THIS OLD I HEARD SXXX ON EDUCATED PEOPLE AGAIN CAN"T YOU JUST GET IT BEHIND YOU and try coaching soccer
Well let me say this, this message board of parents have. I have have read it.
It's a sad situation all around. Pulling a kid from a team before the playoffs regardless if you are wrong or right just hurt all the kids involved. This is the true tragedy of the situation. It is a scar the kids will have to live with for a long time. Eventually I hope that all who were involved in this whether they are wrong or right (or perhaps both) can find some kind of closure and forgiveness. The handling of the situation could have been done better without hurting so many kids.
Noble Wrote:It's a sad situation all around. Pulling a kid from a team before the playoffs regardless if you are wrong or right just hurt all the kids involved. This is the true tragedy of the situation. It is a scar the kids will have to live with for a long time. Eventually I hope that all who were involved in this whether they are wrong or right (or perhaps both) can find some kind of closure and forgiveness. The handling of the situation could have been done better without hurting so many kids.

:Cheerlead defense :Cheerlead defense :Cheerlead defense :Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Noble Wrote:It's a sad situation all around. Pulling a kid from a team before the playoffs regardless if you are wrong or right just hurt all the kids involved. This is the true tragedy of the situation. It is a scar the kids will have to live with for a long time. Eventually I hope that all who were involved in this whether they are wrong or right (or perhaps both) can find some kind of closure and forgiveness. The handling of the situation could have been done better without hurting so many kids.

Noble You are a good man and an excellent parent, don't inject yourself into a situation where a coach yes a coach not a parent destroyed a very fine football team with a 7 win no loss record, he made unnessary changes that resulted in losing the next two games and couldn't even score an extra point, you know that the team was destroyed the game before the kid was pulled so don't destroy your reputation as a coach, a gentleman, a fine players father. I would guarentee you, you would have done the same thing with your son if he had been the QUARTERBACK started all 7 games and ,one of the stars of a undefeated TEAM, any other position maybe not but the QB that is different. If you didn't you wouldn't be as dedicated to your son as I think you are. Can you imagine what that did to that kid with just that many games to go? I would have brought my kid off and done everthing I could to stomp his donkey, Not only did it destroy any chance they had for the future, but put one of the nicest kids you ever knew in the worst position he will probably ever be in - ever in his life. The Poor Kid is a heck of an athlete, and he didn't deserve it.
I agree the kid is heck of an athlete. My question is, was the kid asked what he wanted to do or was he pulled from the team without being asked because he wasn't practised at QB. I am tired of this conversation going on for over a week. I don't agree with a lot of the coaching choices at the middle school level. But I have to agree with "Noble". I personally saw what it did to those kids when he was pulled. I also saw the look on his face when he watched them go to practice. The thing is you can't argue it was the coaches fault just because they decided to move a kid to another position. Ask Tim Tebow what it gets you when you pull that kind of crap. Sure the team lost a game at Foley. Then we barely lost to Middlesboro in the conference championship, we were out played and as stated failed to convert extra points. So the same coaching staff that got us to the championship game at 7-1 is no longer doing their job because they moved a kid. I agree that it was possibly a dumb move, note I said possibly, because we don't know what the coaching plan was. But that's no reason to demoralise the whole team and rip the team family apart right before state playoffs because your kid was moved and you blame one coach in particular. I like the kid, I have had no issue with his family, but I can't blame the coaches for this mess at the end of what could have been a great year for these kids. I know the feelings toward the coach, I have had issue with him before myself, but you don't make changes by going home... You make changes by staying and doing something about it. That's why we have Athletic directors and if that fails the school board. I have a child on the team as well and the way it was handled probably made him not want to play anymore worse than your "Devil" Coach Hopkins did. I won't comment on this anymore because I'm sure you will try to defend your point of view. I know you believe it's right and it's your friends and all, but if you ask the young men on the team what was worse, Coach "Hoppy" or what happened to their brother at the end of the season a week before state playoffs, I believe you will find they see it different. Remember it's about the kids, and they are old enough to know what they feel and what they want. And believe it or not most just want to play with their friends, win or lose, as long as they are together. It us as parents that worry about win/loss records and getting them worked up. How well could you play if you brother was kidnapped. I've typed enough I just think it has been a lot about one kid instead of all of them, including the one.
Would the whole mess ever happened if the successful line up and offense had not been changed at what proved to be the wrong time?
You can't say it was proved to be the wrong time, because any changes were made moot after that one practice and he was pulled off the team. After that they had to move more kids around rather than just switch 2 back and forth like all season. Not to mention the emotional wreck they were and how much lack of confidence it put in them toward the coaching staff and each other after it was all blown up and you've got kids playing where they haven't been all year. He was a great athlete no doubt and it is hard to replace his size and ability in a week. I just say ask the kids, not the parents, you will see who they blame. It's not the coaches or the kid that got his year cut short. From what they have told me, he just wanted to play, and from what I know about him I believe them. He is intelligent, athletic, and one of the nicest kids you'll meet, even to the younger guys on the team that some of the older boys harrased, and I think it was as bad for him as it was the rest of them. I just think it makes it harder for him when a coach sees that you will be gone if you don't get your way, whether its be a coaching change or position change, then the coach may think your abilities aren't worth the hassle. I don't want that for him, it's a bad way to be in. So I will agree to disagree and not comment any further.
We Lqst.
I respect you coaches and appreciate so much what you do/ I don't want you to take me wrong I could never be a coach. I don't know anything about it However I have never seen a coach yet , in a destructive situation just come out and say I FXXXXX up they always protect each other and blame the refs, rain, injuries, bus ride and Parents. Just like OBUMMER, Without Bush, I am sorry if I offended you Just my opinion based on where we were 7 and 0 and where we landed 7 and 3. The good part about this exchange is you and I will probably be the only ones to read this exchange I wouldn't be on here if I hadn't been up alnight with a sick 11 year old.
Classified Wrote:You can't say it was proved to be the wrong time, because any changes were made moot after that one practice and he was pulled off the team. After that they had to move more kids around rather than just switch 2 back and forth like all season. Not to mention the emotional wreck they were and how much lack of confidence it put in them toward the coaching staff and each other after it was all blown up and you've got kids playing where they haven't been all year. He was a great athlete no doubt and it is hard to replace his size and ability in a week. I just say ask the kids, not the parents, you will see who they blame. It's not the coaches or the kid that got his year cut short. From what they have told me, he just wanted to play, and from what I know about him I believe them. He is intelligent, athletic, and one of the nicest kids you'll meet, even to the younger guys on the team that some of the older boys harrased, and I think it was as bad for him as it was the rest of them. I just think it makes it harder for him when a coach sees that you will be gone if you don't get your way, whether its be a coaching change or position change, then the coach may think your abilities aren't worth the hassle. I don't want that for him, it's a bad way to be in. So I will agree to disagree and not comment any further.
They lost two games and he was not moved officaly but didn't play quarterback or run the ball on_ extra points in either game after it was to late he did throw successfully for the only 2 extra points in 14 attempts.
I don't know anything about this back and forth, but to say Williamsburg was the best team in the state (8th grade?) is ridiculous in my opinion. We played them, they were very nice but not nearly as good as other teams we played and have watched, not because of coaching or internal bickering but simply because they had better or nastier athletes on some of those other teams. I would put Williamsburg as the 2nd best team we've played this season (8th grade).
smoke1015 Wrote:I don't know anything about this back and forth, but to say Williamsburg was the best team in the state (8th grade?) is ridiculous in my opinion. We played them, they were very nice but not nearly as good as other teams we played and have watched, not because of coaching or internal bickering but simply because they had better or nastier athletes on some of those other teams. I would put Williamsburg as the 2nd best team we've played this season (8th grade).

They were at one time very very good.
topnotch Wrote:They were at one time very very good.

Oh, gotcha, so this has happened gradually. THat's a shame. But usually if there's a tradition, even if there is a down period, those schools somehow come back to prominence at some point. It's teams without the tradition (like mine) that find it hard to change the culture and tradition and become a winning program consistently.
smoke1015 Wrote:Oh, gotcha, so this has happened gradually. THat's a shame. But usually if there's a tradition, even if there is a down period, those schools somehow come back to prominence at some point. It's teams without the tradition (like mine) that find it hard to change the culture and tradition and become a winning program consistently.

When I say they were very very good that means this year they blew the first seven games away with this 6foot 1 200 lb qb that could run over you. After 7 game of straight hard nose winning football we decided that wasn't good enough and changed the plays and ended up changing the player positions and we couldn't even score an extra point 2 out of 14 we ended up we couldn't beat anybody.
Topnotch time to be proven wrong again. Do you know the combined record of the teams that Williamsburg beat this season.. The awesome 7-0 that you talk about??? Less than 10 wins for all those teams combined.. This team was a good team but not as good as everyone thinks. The kid was pulled the last week of the season because he was going to play some receiver. The parent didn’t like that and made him stop playing plain and simple.. Notch, just leave Williamsburg alone and stop talking about stuff you don’t know about..
Mr.November Wrote:Topnotch time to be proven wrong again. Do you know the combined record of the teams that Williamsburg beat this season.. The awesome 7-0 that you talk about??? Less than 10 wins for all those teams combined.. This team was a good team but not as good as everyone thinks. The kid was pulled the last week of the season because he was going to play some receiver. The parent didn’t like that and made him stop playing plain and simple.. Notch, just leave Williamsburg alone and stop talking about stuff you don’t know about..
Coach We lwon 7 in a row with him we lost 3 in a row without him.
Facts are facts peroid
topnotch Wrote:Coach We lwon 7 in a row with him we lost 3 in a row without him.

Where will he play high school football? Will he be a QB in high school?
SEKYFAN Wrote:Where will he play high school football? Will he be a QB in high school?

I believe he can play a lot of positions
Pages: 1 2