Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New harlan 48 vs hazard 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Good job new harlan!!!
Told ya they were very weak, but keep your heads up hazard cause next year you will be fine.
I keep hearing conflicting stories that we are playing at Johnson co. And I've heard we are playing at home. Really would like to know for sure.
It is a Johnson County. That's confirmed from KYMSFA.
New Harlan D3 what a joke!
PRIDE101 Wrote:New Harlan D3 what a joke!

What is the joke about it
How many schools CAN this team draw from?

Please do not say some schools we get no players from. Enrollment from all schools. New Harlan is way over the enrollment for D 3.
Quote:How many schools CAN this team draw from?

Please do not say some schools we get no players from. Enrollment from all schools. New Harlan is way over the enrollment for D 3. - See more at: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hcDNv.dpuf

Since you seem to know, exactly what are the enrollment numbers for New Harlan? My guess is you have no idea. Lucky for you, I do....

New Harlan CAN draw players from 5 schools. Rosspoint, JACES, Green Hill (which has less than 200 kids in grades K-8), Cawood, and Wallins. From those schools, there are 157 boys in grades 7-8 from those 5 schools. Those numbers come from the KDE SAAR document--not from anyone locally trying to manipulate numbers which you seem determined to believe. The cutoff for division 3 set by the KYMSFA is 160.

You may not like it--you may refuse to believe it, but those are the facts. New Harlan is a legitimate D3 school. Get over it and let the kids play football. You're questioning the integrity of people that you don't know and that's just classless.
Joker's Wild Wrote:Since you seem to know, exactly what are the enrollment numbers for New Harlan? My guess is you have no idea. Lucky for you, I do....

New Harlan CAN draw players from 5 schools. Rosspoint, JACES, Green Hill (which has less than 200 kids in grades K-8), Cawood, and Wallins. From those schools, there are 157 boys in grades 7-8 from those 5 schools. Those numbers come from the KDE SAAR document--not from anyone locally trying to manipulate numbers which you seem determined to believe. The cutoff for division 3 set by the KYMSFA is 160.

You may not like it--you may refuse to believe it, but those are the facts. New Harlan is a legitimate D3 school. Get over it and let the kids play football. You're questioning the integrity of people that you don't know and that's just classless.

No response
Truth hurts
Joker's Wild Wrote:Since you seem to know, exactly what are the enrollment numbers for New Harlan? My guess is you have no idea. Lucky for you, I do....

I believe you. How many total middle schools in Harlan Co.?
Joker's Wild Wrote:New Harlan CAN draw players from 5 schools. Rosspoint, JACES, Green Hill (which has less than 200 kids in grades K-8), Cawood, and Wallins. From those schools, there are 157 boys in grades 7-8 from those 5 schools. Those numbers come from the KDE SAAR document--not from anyone locally trying to manipulate numbers which you seem determined to believe. The cutoff for division 3 set by the KYMSFA is 160

Does the SAAR breakdown male and female enrollment or just total enrollment from each school?
Gummie Bear Wrote:No response
Truth hurts

I actually was trying to defend New Harlan, however upon looking it up the numbers are wrong.

From the 2012-2013 SAARS report that is broken down into male and female enrollment the numbers are as follows (for males):

Cawood Elem. 7th: 13 8th: 14
Green Hill 7th: 6 8th: 11
James A. Cawood 7th: 19 8th: 15
Rosspoint 7th: 26 8th: 22
Wallins 7th: 18 8th: 28

Total 7th Grade: 82
Total 8th Grade: 90
Total Combined: 172

This came from the SAARS Ethnic Report. This report is of student enrollment on the last day of school in the 2012-2013 school year.
This is the link to the webpage, then click on SAAR Ethnic Membership Report 2012-2013. Once it opens begin at line 4164 which is Cawood Elem. School. Line P is the total males in each grade.

http://education.ky.gov/districts/enrol/...SAAR).aspx
jumper1 Wrote:I actually was trying to defend New Harlan, however upon looking it up the numbers are wrong.

From the 2012-2013 SAARS report that is broken down into male and female enrollment the numbers are as follows (for males):

Green Hill 7th: 6 8th: 11
James A. Cawood 7th: 19 8th: 15
Rosspoint 7th: 26 8th: 22
Wallins 7th: 18 8th: 28

Total 7th Grade: 82
Total 8th Grade: 90
Total Combined: 172

This came from the SAARS Ethnic Report. This report is of student enrollment on the last day of school in the 2012-2013 school year.

Since that was the 2012-2013 school year then I am guessing you knew you should have looked at the 6th and 7th graders considering those are your NOW 7th and 8th graders...right? Because when I pull the report it shows:

Green Hill 7th: 9 8th: 6
James A. Cawood 7th: 7 8th: 19
Rosspoint 7th: 17 8th: 26
Wallins 7th: 28 8th: 18

Total 7th Grade: 74
Total 8th Grade: 83
Total Combined: 157 (Under the cap for D3....once again proven)

Nice try though guy! Wrong...but nice try.
Lol I didn't know new harlan was the most feared team in the state looks like Johnson , north laurel, and belfry would hold that title but it's little d3 new harlan!! You three should be mad lol!!
Let me 1st say and get out of the way that I in NO way am against New Harlan playing in D3. I wasn't for sure how the KYMSFA accumilate the numbers for the current year. The KHSAA when making a classification looks backward at enrollment not the current year and I thought the KYMSFA would look at last years numbers (7th and 8th). If I'm wrong and I say that I am since you posted the exact numbers from last years 6th and 7th then I'll sit down at lunch and eat crow...lol. On a serious note, I don't care where they play. I was just simply attempting to validate (in New Harlans favor) these complaining people.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:Since that was the 2012-2013 school year then I am guessing you knew you should have looked at the 6th and 7th graders considering those are your NOW 7th and 8th graders...right? Because when I pull the report it shows:

Green Hill 7th: 9 8th: 6
James A. Cawood 7th: 7 8th: 19
Rosspoint 7th: 17 8th: 26
Wallins 7th: 28 8th: 18

Total 7th Grade: 74
Total 8th Grade: 83
Total Combined: 157 (Under the cap for D3....once again proven)

Nice try though guy! Wrong...but nice try.
As I have already told a New Harlan fan in a private message days ago (in which I was defending them) good luck and hope that my Meece team has the opportunity to play them in the Championship game.
I would assume jumper that they would have to look at last years prior grades that make up this years 7th and 8th grades. It wouldn't seem fair that this years team would be affected by last years numbers as is the case with a New Harlan team who is right at the cutoff for D2/D3. Enrollment for the next few years will keep them in D3 I believe though, so I look forward to all of the crying and whining that has went on on this board, not from you, but from a select few others lol.
:Shaking:
plantmanky Wrote::Shaking:

Then what is it? Do they look at last years 6th/7th to determine this years 7th/8th or do they look at last years 7th/8th?
Nothing against the kids, let them play. I guess I was told correct. Then why were they not put in D2? I was told that one of the schools did not have any players so they didn't count it.

Again, nothing against New Harlan, if this is true it is Organization not doing what they are supposed to.
Maybe someone from the association or plantmanky can clarify which year is counted? That would be the best way to clarify the situation for all.
Hello, why no response?
They use data from the 2012-2013 school year. So, they use the numbers from that years 6th and 7th graders (which are this year's 7th and 8th graders.) New Harlan has 157 available boys from their feeder schools. The cutoff for Division 3 is 160. I know that you are determined to believe that New Harlan doesn't belong in Division 2, but the facts don't lie. I don't know how much clearer it can be. Please get over it....
Joker's Wild Wrote:They use data from the 2012-2013 school year. So, they use the numbers from that years 6th and 7th graders (which are this year's 7th and 8th graders.) New Harlan has 157 available boys from their feeder schools. The cutoff for Division 3 is 160. I know that you are determined to believe that New Harlan doesn't belong in Division 2, but the facts don't lie. I don't know how much clearer it can be. Please get over it....

That is what I would think too Joker, but apparently some are to high and mighty to give a response to the common folk lol Fact is New Harlan is a LEGIT D3 and playing in the Regional Finals tomorrow around noon.
Shocked that someone in power has not responded also. Makes one think that they may not be legit D3.
You're right...you've figured out the plan. Its a giant conspiracy concocted by the KYMSFA to allow New Harlan to play in Division 3. The guys who ran this took a payoff from the New Harlan administration to play in a lower division. The New Harlan staff is hoping to parlay their success in the KYMSFA state playoffs into a lucrative college coaching job. When that happens, they have agreed to hire all of the KYMSFA board members on their staff. At the point, the conspiracy will have come full circle--the KYMSFA will be disbanded and the board members and New Harlan coaching staff will walk away with all of the money that was made from entry fees. You figured it out!!! I hope that you're satisfied.
You seem very defensive. Number are taken from 7th and 8th graders the year before. I don't know your numbers , but 6th graders are not counted. Same for high school. They don't count 8th graders coming from middle schools.
Its not about being defensive. Its that this same question has been asked (and answered) numerous times. When people refuse to believe the facts before them and insist that people are "manipulating" numbers, it becomes frustrating. None of us like to have our integrity questioned on baseless claims by anonymous posters. I finally just gave them an answer they were determined to believe--no matter what the facts are. Sarcastic--yes. Defensive--no.
Joker's Wild Wrote:Its not about being defensive. Its that this same question has been asked (and answered) numerous times. When people refuse to believe the facts before them and insist that people are "manipulating" numbers, it becomes frustrating. None of us like to have our integrity questioned on baseless claims by anonymous posters. I finally just gave them an answer they were determined to believe--no matter what the facts are. Sarcastic--yes. Defensive--no.

New Harlan & "integrity"....2 words that I never thought I would read in the same sentence. Seriously, just quit crying and play the game. People have questioned the numbers....if everything is on the up & up and the association has signed off on it, who cares what the others say. Quit responding!!!!!!
Pages: 1 2