Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 6th grade FBU team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Coaches/Parents/Fans,

I am Coach Lockwood and once again this year I will be working with the 6th grade FBU team. We are able to take up to 35 athletes (last year we only took about 20)

As of right now we only have a few submissions and we need a ton more. I have been out to some local youth league and middle school games (louisville area only), with out being able to travel far into the country/mountains i will need your help in finding these stud athletes that I hear so much about on this forum.

PLEASE contact me on here or at:

[email]COACHLOCKWOOD1@GMAIL.com[/email]

thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
Come to tk stone middle school ( Elizabethtown) on Saturday at noon and watch my stud DT from bluegrass middle school play
Would love to but my team plays in Elkhorn at 5 so we will be getting everything ready at noon. Any chance you can get me some highlights?
Remember if you have a kid who attends a member school but plays youth league, he is still eligible to play 6th grade FBU...please contact me. Right now I have found two linemen (5'7 each, one is 220 while other is 190) 2 quarterbacks and a fullback.

Get your kids submitted
Need TALL receivers. Last year we had two 6 footers (who will be on 7th grade FBU this year) and they dominated.

I need contacts at:

Corbin
Johnson county
Anderson
Shelby west

I know the kids I want are out there just need a little help finding them.
Coaches and parents,

Thank you to those who submitted video of their athletes. Currently we are being picky and locked in 5 players, so we have up to 30 more spots but we only want the best. Please send any STUD 6th grader my way.

PM me if you have question regarding your athletes eligibility for 6th grade FBU. Thanks agann
pm sent
Thanks Blur
I would have probably suggested only taking kymsfa kids that play for member schools. Plenty of them to go around plus we won with them last yr
BIG RN Wrote:I would have probably suggested only taking kymsfa kids that play for member schools. Plenty of them to go around plus we won with them last yr

Not all middle all middle schools include 6 grade. For example Johnson Co. has 6 elementary schools grades k-6 & just 7th & 8th grade at middle school.
We want as many athletes who played for there school but a lot of member schools don't field 6th grade teams. If you know of some studs please share. I know we won with them last year, I was on that coaching staff.

We were told we could open it up to all 6th grade students who belong to a member school, even if they didn't or couldn't play due to school not fielding a team.

Thanks
I understand both. I did not realize county schools functioned more like older high schools and had junior highs. I just knew a lot of the 6th and 7 th grade teams field very good 6th graders. I was not complaining I hope we have 3 National titles in Jan
Not sure what part of state your in, but I need help finding these studs...big linemen, tall receivers, hard nose corners, super fast running backs....we plan to show them that the future of KY football is on beast mode
http://www.formstack.com/forms/KYMSFA-ke...tion__2013

Please use this form to submit athletes
Coaches/parents,

We still need your support in finding these great athletes in the state. Please submit them.

Right now we are at 7 stud players. We need more...to win a championship it will take the help from everyone. Please if you know a kid and his coach won't submit him, then give the parent the above link and have them do it.

We hear every year that the best players weren't on FBU, well that's because they were not submitted...do you part to get us on the road to a championship and get the word out.

Thanks

Coach Lockwood
I don't know who is coaching the 7thngrade team but there is a kid I believe from Noe Middle Shawkel Knight Goff that needs to be looked at 6'3 freak athlete am pretty sure he played middle school ball this year .
There is a kid at Glasgow 6th grader Nick is his first name am sure you could contact someone over that way he be a nice pick up.

Heard hazard has a nice Qb around 5'9-10

Monroe co has a stud kid that isn't allowed to play up on middle school has to play on his little league team TE/DE he about 5'10 think he just moved there last year from the Dominican republic.

Reese Smith from Boyle co is a really good RB/CB one of the fastest kids in that age group I've seen . He could be injured at moment am not sure but am sure there middle school coach could tell you. Boyle co also has another 6th grader wore number 44 good size kid G/DE

Not sure if there a member school but Joe Benton from Estill Co is a super athlete can play about anywhere on field .

Somerset had some taller athletes on some of the teams I watched them have this year am sure someone over that way could get you you some names there but where good size kids that could move .
Anyone have contact for Monroe, Estill, hazard, Boyle county middle? If so pm me soon
Just a heads up about try outs:

They will be held 11/3. And Will be in the morning!

Players need to have All equipment, copy of sports physical, parental consent, tryout fee ($35)

We have Bryan Station and LexCath facilities for the weekend. Not sure which one will be held at yet

Once the location and time are finalized I will post again.

Please be sure to fill out form and submit it.

Thanks
We are 2 weeks from open tryouts. Please fill out a form so we can already have your athletes name on file. We know more about the ones with video and makes it easier on us when you submit the video.

Please PM me or ask questions here.

Will be at Bryan Station High School on 11/3. Registration begins at 8:30.

Players are required to bring copy of current sports physical with signed parental consent, full equipment, and $20 insurance/tryout fee
centralky Wrote:I don't know who is coaching the 7thngrade team but there is a kid I believe from Noe Middle Shawkel Knight Goff that needs to be looked at 6'3 freak athlete am pretty sure he played middle school ball this year .

This player has been selected to play for the 7th Grade Team Kentucky.

Johnson County actually put us onto him.
But any other 6'3 freaks you know about that are in 6th grade I would like to know about
ALL players who are interested in playing for TEAM KY need to be at the TRYOUT on NOVEMBER 3rd (unless told otherwise). Please bring your current year sports physical, parent consent, ALL EQUIPMENT, and $20 insurance/tryout fee.

Thank you for all that have submitted so far, but we need more. Please get on and submit the forms (hopefully with video) to us so we can see your players.
Is there an age cutoff in these things? I really am not a fan of 14 year old 6th graders (unless it became universal). I think that is one of the major (only) drawbacks and complaints across Ky youth football. 13 is fairly old for a 6th grader, 14 is, in my opinion getting to a real unfair advantage. And yes, I've had 14 year olds, they are great when they are on your team, play a team full of 14 year olds in 6th grade and it's near carnage as most are playing up on middle school and learning all these more advanced techniques to be competitive. Cracking is the major thing that seems to get to another level in middle school, and a big 14 year old that can crackback on any blocking play,offense, or on an interception is darn near scary when they crack an 11 year old 80 pound corner. This is something that could lead to major headaches if some kid is hurt badly, bad press, and just a common decency factor. Personally I feel anyone capable of starting on a 7th grade junior high team should not be allowed to play in little league, period.
If you had 14 year old 6th graders and you are a coach then you should have to forfeit the games you won. You can only play 6th grade football if you have turned 13 after august 1 same goes for 8th grade 15 after august 1. If you are a 14 year old 6th grader then you are not allowed to play that's the Kentucky middle school law.
I agree and footballcrazyman is correct, there is age cutoff for each level. It's the same as all middle schools in KY
All players interested in trying out should have this form filled out

http://www.formstack.com/forms/KYMSF...mination__2013

This will greatly speed up your athletes processing at the try outs.

PS

If you submit video with it you may not have to r out.t=164707#sthash.fEzaZmF8.dpuf
Yea you have cheated big time if you played a 14 year old 6th grader.
I just looked at souths roster and we have 7 holdbacks on our 6 grade team and none are 13 yet. one will be 13 in a few days the rest wont turn 13 till april thru june
I have talked with coach engle and I believe he is going to be submitting some of those 6th graders at southern.

All players are eligible as long as they are following same rules set forth by the KYMSFA and won't turn 14 till after August 1st, 2014.
Pages: 1 2