Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley @ North Laurel, 8th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We are 24 hrs from kickoff. This should be a good game between these two battle tested teams. Last year these same Colonals beat these Jags 14 - 0 and this year the Jags won 20 - 12. I expect this game to be a slobber knocker with the Jags winning 22 - 12. GO JAGS!!!
Not sure if I would call a 10 point victory a slobber knocker....I could see a 3 point victory being hard fought but not a ten point win.

I know this will probably be a hard hitting smash mouth game with two teams who will battle till final whistle...best of luck to all teams playing tomorrow.
As i said before, its a shame these two got paired in the first round.

I think Whitley ends N Laurels undefeated season and sends them home.
WC 30
NL 26
Region 4 is loaded! Every game will be competitive outside of maybe Rowan and Johnson. Southern should handle Corbin as well. I see this game being very tight but home team always has the advantage in middle school football. Whitley will be a tough out though and will definitely fight to the final whistle.
SuperFan Wrote:Region 4 is loaded! Every game will be competitive outside of maybe Rowan and Johnson. Southern should handle Corbin as well. I see this game being very tight but home team always has the advantage in middle school football. Whitley will be a tough out though and will definitely fight to the final whistle.

Based on the updated brackets that were released, it looks like Rowan has backed out and Johnson now has a bye for the first round.

I agree. North Laurel and Whitley will be a battle. Good luck to both teams!
We have our players back that was out in the first game so it could be a better game than last time. Being said i will pick whitley by a touchdown.
I am glad everyone for Whitley is healthy this time so they will be no excuses. Go Jags!!! Get Some!!!
There were no excuses last time! The better team won that day. Hope this game is as good as that one. Good luck to both teams!
Wow, I am a wreck. Hope the team is better than I am coping with the nerves. Less than 4 hours to kickoff, Go Jags, Get Some!!!
footballfanatic33 Wrote:There were no excuses last time! The better team won that day. Hope this game is as good as that one. Good luck to both teams!

I did not mean anything toward the Whitley team. They have showed class and sportsmanship every time I have seen them. I would say the same thing about their parents and fans also.

Good luck to both teams. Hope no injuries for either team today. Let the winner move on and do well.
Gosh, hard to believe so many were wrong....NL 42 - Whitley 12....NL's subs went in early in the 4th quarter.
Also, I think a lot of people don't realize just how good North Laurel 8th grade is, because they have not seen them play. I sat beside some coaches scouting the game today and their remark was....'We had no idea they were this caliber of a team'! GO JAGS!