Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro vs Williamsburg 10/12 conference championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who wins and why?
I think it should be a good match up. They played earlier in the season and the Williamsburg came out on top. I think both teams have grown since that early match up but Williamsburg was down on their defence in that game. If they have their big guys back I think they will come out on top. Middlesboro won't have the speed to deal with the offense either unless they have gained some since I last saw them. I don't think it will be another Cumberland's game, but it should still be a good game.
Middlesboro beat Cumberland 2 touchdowns.
By the way Middlesboro last game will be Sat. No solution offered. Thread closed. KYMSFA come on down and tell the kids. One guy really worked hard with Middlesboro, Mann, I think they said his name was. Thank you. the rest did nothing. The same guy knew the mistake, I have the email, so I know what was done. Kids heartbroken.
Look for this to be a close game. Yes Williamsburg did beat Middlesboro early in the season, but both teams have grown, and I am sure are at their peak. I believe Williamsburg will come out on top, they have a very strong offense both passing and running. Also Williamsburg will be back to full health.
FlippedOut Wrote:By the way Middlesboro last game will be Sat. No solution offered. Thread closed. KYMSFA come on down and tell the kids. One guy really worked hard with Middlesboro, Mann, I think they said his name was. Thank you. the rest did nothing. The same guy knew the mistake, I have the email, so I know what was done. Kids heartbroken.

Now, now tell the whole story. I heard they were offered a spot in the D1 bracket. No truth to this??
No dog in this fight and I hate it for the middlesboro kids, but this stems from the fact that the organization has to deal with teams coming in and out. If khsaa does anything I hope they force teams to play in.
Cardfan1 Wrote:No dog in this fight and I hate it for the middlesboro kids, but this stems from the fact that the organization has to deal with teams coming in and out. If khsaa does anything I hope they force teams to play in.

I agree. Williamsburg didn't play last year and I don't blame them as team was very young and had no chance to compete. They only had 2-3 eighth graders. As bad as I know they would have gotten beat, I think that lack of playoff experience will hurt them this year. If middle school is going to be organized and grow, it should be like high school and schools should pay at beginning of year whether they think their team can compete or not.
After a great game Middlesboro wins 22-20 final score.
is that the final and where are they that I can receive updates from
Yes that was the final, they played at Union College in Barbourville.
Good clean game congratulations Middlesboro. Disappointed in Williamsburg's coaching staff "Coach" Hopkins is a joke, what business does he have on the staff to begin with, someone please answer this for me please. Good luck Williamsburg in the state playoffs.
It's a shame that a parent "FDM" wants to go bash a kid that coach's. To answer your question, If I had a guess about "Coach" Hopkins would be because he won a state title in 2010 calling plays also a region runner up in 2011 losing to the state champs. that could be a reason. I find it funny how parents always point the figure at someone never thinking maybe it's the kids or the other team was just better. It's a shame because in middle school most coach's do not get paid and do it simple because they love the game and there school.
I did not blame the loss on anyone, they were outplayed plain and simple. It was his actions before the game, and during a lot of the games that are a disappointing.
Jacketpride Wrote:It's a shame that a parent "FDM" wants to go bash a kid that coach's. To answer your question, If I had a guess about "Coach" Hopkins would be because he won a state title in 2010 calling plays also a region runner up in 2011 losing to the state champs. that could be a reason. I find it funny how parents always point the figure at someone never thinking maybe it's the kids or the other team was just better. It's a shame because in middle school most coach's do not get paid and do it simple because they love the game and there school.

It's not surprising the jacket pride would defend Hopkins as I'm pretty sure jacketpride is Hopkins. In no way am I saying he cost us the game as middlesboro was the better team and made the plays they needed to to get the win. He is right though. He was a good OC in 2010 and 2011 as he played to players strength. This year he is trying too much "stuff" and not calling the plays that work.
Newjacket Wrote:It's not surprising the jacket pride would defend Hopkins as I'm pretty sure jacketpride is Hopkins. In no way am I saying he cost us the game as middlesboro was the better team and made the plays they needed to to get the win. He is right though. He was a good OC in 2010 and 2011 as he played to players strength. This year he is trying too much "stuff" and not calling the plays that work.

Everyone knows me so you don't need to guess who this is. I was the parent that walked across the field and told Hopkins that the extra point play calling was going to cost us the game and boy did I call that one. Anyone thinking that converting only 2 of the last 10 point afters is effective or kicking 5 straight kick offs to the other teams best player in the Cumberland game for gods sake defend this coach, because your iq of football may be on the same level. I have had 4 calls today alone complaining about this issue, and before anyone accuses these call being parents you are wrong three of these people have no kid playing on the team, one is a administrator, one is a board member and the other is a high ranking official all sharing the same view. This team has regressed because they have no identity play calling looks like xbox 360 , is it necessary to have over 100 plays in middle school football. This is the same team that beat Middlesboro early in the year with several key players out. I hope somebody makes a change before Saturday.anyone don't like this post can send me a pm
cherokee Wrote:Everyone knows me so you don't need to guess who this is. I was the parent that walked across the field and told Hopkins that the extra point play calling was going to cost us the game and boy did I call that one. Anyone thinking that converting only 2 of the last 10 point afters is effective or kicking 5 straight kick offs to the other teams best player in the Cumberland game for gods sake defend this coach, because your iq of football may be on the same level. I have had 4 calls today alone complaining about this issue, and before anyone accuses these call being parents you are wrong three of these people have no kid playing on the team, one is a administrator, one is a board member and the other is a high ranking official all sharing the same view. This team has regressed because they have no identity play calling looks like xbox 360 , is it necessary to have over 100 plays in middle school football. This is the same team that beat Middlesboro early in the year with several key players out. I hope somebody makes a change before Saturday.anyone don't like this post can send me a pm

We'll said Cherokee. He needs to figure out these kids are just 12-14 year olds and don't need to be running the entire high school play book. Heck, some of the stuff he calls isn't even in the high school play book. I believe he makes some plays up on the spot. The kids run around confused about what to do and he blames it on them for not knowing a play they have never practiced. The 2010 team spoiled him because they were very quick to catch on to anything thrown at them. Most kids this age need a lot more coaching then those kids did. He needs to quit living off the past and figure out how to communicate with these kids to get the most out of them.
I don't know this guy and this is amusing, but probably be better if u guys just got each other's numbers. Public forum running a coach down is never good unless he is demeaning players and a poor influence.

I ride mark stoops all the time but he makes 7 figures. The guy you're taking about might make three figures and one may be behind a decimal.
Obviously you don't know "new jacket" because I use to coach with him. I know coach Hopkins very well and it's funny how you all want to put all the blame on him I know then and now all the plays he calls are practice you all obviously don't know what's going on. It's real easy to coach from the sidelines, and obviously that's all this is is mad parents because there kids do know wrong.
Jacketpride Wrote:Obviously you don't know "new jacket" because I use to coach with him. I know coach Hopkins very well and it's funny how you all want to put all the blame on him I know then and now all the plays he calls are practice you all obviously don't know what's going on. It's real easy to coach from the sidelines, and obviously that's all this is is mad parents because there kids do know wrong.

Sorry Eric, I don't even have a kid on team. Just a Jacket fan and know a lot of the kids and their parents on this team. I did have a kid on the 2010 team and it was the same story then. I'm trying not to bring up the really bad stuff so watch yourself.
I do not think that is going to help anything by getting on here and trying to place blame on anyone for the loss. We lost that is the end of the story, hopefully we learn from this and get better.
I don't blame Hoppy for the loss. I'm just giving some free coaching advise. He needs to be worried about getting the team ready for Saturday and proving that my five year old grandson couldn't have won calling the plays for the 2010 team and not what I or anyone else on a message board thinks.
I don't know anything about the details of Middlesboro not playing in the state playoffs, but heard that details couldn't be worked out for them to play because of this conference championship game and they couldn't get their money refunded either...Again, I don't know if that story is accurate, but if so, it sounds like a bad deal.
First of all lets get something straight Hoppy didnt win anything the kids where the ones that won in 2010. Sure those kids needed coaching but they ran fairly simple stuff that worked off of the strength of the offense and the defense kept everyone in check. But now we run some kind of crazy sets with 4 differant qbs and double reverse passes to the weak side. Kleinman was the coach in 2010 and he kept everything in check and running smooth now we have 6 or 7 coaches but seems like everyone sets back and lets Hoppy make all the calls which isnt working against good teams. No its not all his fault but when you are the one making the calls you catch all the heat so put your big boy pants on and fix it or your younger kids will be the ones you start looseing and we cant have that in the burg because we are to small to have our best kids watching from the bleachers and thats what is about to happen.
You people are so wrong. The team is 9-2 in my book that’s a pretty good season. They have more kids out then they ever have had before. Its pretty sad how people can get on here and bash someone and hide behind some name. I didn’t go to the game but i heard it was pretty good. People said their kids were just better than ours. Which is probably true. For the last 4 years the teams record is 39-11... Sounds like the coaches know exactly what they are doing. Parents just need to grow up.. I also know that it really doesn’t matter what everyone says. That coaching staff will be around at Williamsburg a lot longer than any of you jokers that post garbage on here...
The Blue Blur Wrote:Now, now tell the whole story. I heard they were offered a spot in the D1 bracket. No truth to this??
Mboro wasn't offered any spot in any division playoff. All that was offered was to let their players participate in the all star games and come to a MS football coaching clinic. That's it. I know that Mboro offered to go anywhere and play just to get in the playoffs, but were told that the brackets were done. Mboro got a very raw deal.
BTW, it was a very good football game. Well played by both teams. Worthy of a championship game.
Mr.November Wrote:You people are so wrong. The team is 9-2 in my book that’s a pretty good season. They have more kids out then they ever have had before. Its pretty sad how people can get on here and bash someone and hide behind some name. I didn’t go to the game but i heard it was pretty good. People said their kids were just better than ours. Which is probably true. For the last 4 years the teams record is 39-11... Sounds like the coaches know exactly what they are doing. Parents just need to grow up.. I also know that it really doesn’t matter what everyone says. That coaching staff will be around at Williamsburg a lot longer than any of you jokers that post garbage on here...

1. PM me and I will not only give you my name but address. I would love to
debate you on the this issue. I have coached,played and know the game
and will be glad to point out the short comings of this team
2. If you were not at the game, then you really don"t know :Cheerlead
3. we lost to a team we had already beat with 3 starters out and added
another starter that transfered in since then, so basically 4 starters.
they got better and we have got worse but I guess thats the
parents and kids fault

4. maybe our play calling wasn't as good as Middlesboro's? blame it on the
kids not being as good as Middlesboro"s thats the easy way out. Not
saying nothing negative about Middlesboro, maybe they were better
or maybe bad decisions on our part, anyway they deserve the win

MAN UP TAKE RESPONSIBILITY,MAKE CORRECTIONS AND LEARN FROM MISTAKES MADE AFTER A LOSS,

enough said about this, more people will be looking at this to see if learning is a possibility:CE_DP_Ste
Lower Arthur Wrote:Mboro wasn't offered any spot in any division playoff. All that was offered was to let their players participate in the all star games and come to a MS football coaching clinic. That's it. I know that Mboro offered to go anywhere and play just to get in the playoffs, but were told that the brackets were done. Mboro got a very raw deal.

This post is incorrect. Middlesboro was in fact offered to move up to Division l and play at Johnson County in the spot that Rowan County had forfeited.
Mr.November Wrote:You people are so wrong. The team is 9-2 in my book that’s a pretty good season. They have more kids out then they ever have had before. Its pretty sad how people can get on here and bash someone and hide behind some name. I didn’t go to the game but i heard it was pretty good. People said their kids were just better than ours. Which is probably true. For the last 4 years the teams record is 39-11... Sounds like the coaches know exactly what they are doing. Parents just need to grow up.. I also know that it really doesn’t matter what everyone says. That coaching staff will be around at Williamsburg a lot longer than any of you jokers that post garbage on here...

We blew it you don't have a team that can beat anybody and do for three forth of the season Then, decide to re invent football, they needed to go by the KISS rule, the kiss rule is KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID they do this and we were looking at another middle school state championship. NOW WATCH you just don't change player position and plays like double reverses and a bunch of other

b
B,,, S,,,, and expect to win, We take one of our smaller backs and try to run over the other team on extra points and leave a 200 pound proven back out of the picture, We don't score any extra points either 2 out of 12 amd the big quarterback threw for both of them. I was at union College they need to apologize to that wonderful bunch of WHS future Jackets for putting the spot lite on themselves other than where it belongs the players , WHATCH WHAT HAPPENS NOW I hope they enjoyed being the number 1 coach for a while Camron is a hell of an athlete, He may never be a quarterback but to replace now after all those wins and just a few games to go is a sad case of stupidity
Pages: 1 2