Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro hosed by KYMSA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The powers of this organization hoses Middlesboro by not putting their coach on list serve and telling them the didn't reply to email never recieved. Money paid, registered and now they say a record form not turned in. They can not make a 30 second phone call. They admitt mistake and tell Middlesboro you are still out. WOW, really for the kids? Will not return calls. I wish they had to come here and tell these kids why they can't play.

Maybe this is why some do not get in this? Not professional at all!!!!!

Sorry KYMSFA......left out the F, foolish
Heard Belfry was late turning there win loss in also. They are in????? Rumors....
FlippedOut Wrote:The powers of this organization hoses Middlesboro by not putting their coach on list serve and telling them the didn't reply to email never recieved. Money paid, registered and now they say a record form not turned in. They can not make a 30 second phone call. They admitt mistake and tell Middlesboro you are still out. WOW, really for the kids? Will not return calls. I wish they had to come here and tell these kids why they can't play.

Maybe this is why some do not get in this? Not professional at all!!!!!

Sorry KYMSFA......left out the F, foolish

Did they not turn in their paperwork by the deadline. Sounds like their coach dropped the ball.
Coach not notified. He was told everything was fine. His name was misspelled by there aministration on list serve. When email came out did not recieve it. Their mistake and they said it was. They can not pick up the phone? He found out when Middlesboro was not in brackets. Really, did they think Middlesboro just wanted to donate the entry fee? KYMSFA dropped the ball bottom line!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is their responsibility to make sure their communication lines are correct. They did not communicte any of the deadlines for anything to the coach.
What was their record?
7-1 or 8-1 not for sure. i know they lost only once. Will play that team saturday in the championship.
Half truths and mistruths once again.

I moderate the listserv personally.

This situation has been worked on for the past few days for the sake of the players.

I will take the high road here and digress any further comment.
@raiderfan - you were advised incorrectly. The program you named (and all listed in the playoff brackets) communicated ahead of time or on time using the proper channels lined out in the 2013 KMSFA Playoff System PowerPoint.
Please tell us what is not true. Please! It is funny, one can call for days and can not get a return call, post on social sports media, and reply in minutes. I have called myself, my son is on the team and we had a meeting last night with everyone involved here and have been well informed.

You guys need to get it right!
We have communicated plenty with the middle school coach, high school coach, the ADs, principal, and even a local legislator.

I'm afraid the answer you all want just isn't doable. It's a shame for the players there.

We've offered a solution. Hopefully you all will accept it on your end.
The week prior to the playoff committee meeting, the co-coordinator emailed several schools who had not submitted required paperwork. Several replied that they had not done so because they had changed their minds and would not be competing. Others were trying to work through scheduling of conference tournaments. Several decided to forgo their conference tournament and participate in the KMSFA state playoffs.

Middlesboro was emailed to MULTIPLE recipients 3 times that week with no response. They did not submit 2 things - a verified roster before September 1st (as outlined in the rules) nor a win/loss submission form by 10/3 (as outlined in the 2013 KMSFA Playoff System PowerPoint - which when asked, the head middle school coach stated he had never read).

We have over 100+ member schools. Coaches have 1 program to worry about. For a coach to mail a $250 check and go 2 months without communicating (no matter who's fault it might be) is a bit hard to comprehend for most folks. Add in that most of the opponents in that conference are KMSFA members, it's also hard to believe that no other coaches talked about the state playoffs for the last 2-3 months there? You want to talk about coincidence? How about us being notified coincidentally the day following the brackets being released?

Again, the board takes no joy in making this decision. At this very hour we are still awaiting answers to the 4th or 5th option we've tried to find. Schools being on Fall break simply provide an obstacle for us time-wise. We are running a state wide tournament here. It's a shame, it truly is. But for us to bend over backwards for a program that wasn't willing to complete the required paperwork is tough. We're trying, but at the same time we have to face the truth here.

Last question - if you get a $1000 rebate and it says on it "must use by December 31st", how can you be mad if you take it in on January 1st and they won't honor it?

There's a lesson to be taught here. It's accountability and responsibility. Could we have communicated better? Absolutely. Could the coach have taken some inititiative on his programs part? Absolutely. The difference there is one half of that story isn't being told.
really. You have moved games for this tournament. I will show the coach this tomoirrow, to late tonight to call.

No one called to see if we were going to play? If so we would have said yes. I will find more out at 8:00 am and post it. Looks like we get more communication if the coach post here. Got time for this should have had time to call, and inform. My one question is again. was his email wrong on your list serve?
Just got an PM that we were offered a chance to play in. That is all we can ask for. Making things right. I am sure coach will take the offer. Saturday, is more important than expected. Good luck Jackets
His name was not on the listserv at all when I checked. In fact, he still hasn't signed up for it to date. No communication from him about it at all, actually.

Coach Thompson has emailed us plenty. Everything I've posted here has been said in some of the correspondence.
I believe thats all that needs to be said about the matter.
Now, lets all focus on the games in the playoffs.