Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The best team in D3 won't even play this year.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well it is official now, the best D3 team in the state will not even play in the tourney. I learned this shortly after Mayfield beat Graves for the West Ky Conference Championship. The only game this team has lost in the last 2 years was to Conference Runners Up 5a Graves Co and they straightened that out Saturday. I am very disappointed that we could not get the administration to allow these boys to play.
What was reason for not entering?
You arent THE BEST until you win the D3 Championship.
The title and the words that follow are laughable.

Sign up, compete, and then maybe you can claim to be the best, but I'm sure that even if they lost in the first round this guy would claim them to be the best.
It was official about a month ago. I feel sorry for your boys as it would have been a fun experience for them. I'll now put Mayfield into the category of only wanting to play if they think they can compete.
Weak post MYSONIS55. Either put up or shut up.
Not the best unless you prove it on the field in the state playoffs.
Bluegrass had this problem last year. Our office admin start wouldn't sign off on us paying to play
Sorry your team can't make the playoffs but, don't come on here saying they are the best team in D3 until they WIN the title.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well it is official now, the best D3 team in the state will not even play in the tourney. I learned this eshortly after Mayfield beat Graves for the West Ky Conference Championship. The only game this team has lost in the last 2 years was to Conference Runners Up 5a Graves Co and they straightened that out Saturday. I am very disappointed that we could not get the administration to allow these boys to play.

Shame on mayfield mysonis55 you will need to adopted a team Confusednicker:
Mayfield is a pretender than a contender in D3 it's just a joke with mysonis55.Shame on the Administrations at Mayfield These kids desired to play an :closed:
Was it the bus trip or the sign up fee?
They are the best and they ae not going to play but it is okay. No need to feel badly for them as they will get their state title in High School just like the classes before them
"I'm Mayfield Middle Schools head coach. I've signed our team up for the state games but we haven't sent in our money yet. Can I give you a definite answer by the end of this week? We have a big game tomorrow night and I will really be able to gauge where we are at this point. I would like to wait until I find out the outcome. Just let me know. Thanks"

This was an email sent on September 16th from the Mayfield coach. Some of you Mayfield folks need to touch base with your own administration before you spew all this nonsense. If you want to brag about high school, you're on the wrong forum. You have absolutely no argument here.
Spewing nothing, stating fact, we are your WKY champs and have the trophy to prove it after defeating Graves for the title. We did not participate in the playoff allowing Graves to do so and like I said don't feel bad as they will get the big trophy in high school. Wildcat if ever nearby stop bu, the trophy case is packed full of state title trophies, it is very impressive to see
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Spewing nothing, stating fact, we are your WKY champs and have the trophy to prove it after defeating Graves for the title. We did not participate in the playoff allowing Graves to do so and like I said don't feel bad as they will get the big trophy in high school. Wildcat if ever nearby stop bu, the trophy case is packed full of state title trophies, it is very impressive to see

Hang your hat on that WKY title. That's like Alabama saying they beat Alabama State Technical School for the Blind and calling it a title. Like I said, you're on a MIDDLE SCHOOL forum. This thread wasn't started based around your high school. It was started from a cocky fan who wanted to flex his muscles about a championship that his Mayfield middle head coach apparently feared making a run at. My previous quote wasn't something I made up. It was copied and pasted directly from an email I got from your coach on the listserv. I have absolutely no reason to come to Mayfield, Kentucky. I'll let you hold down the fort over there for the rest of us. :lame:
Last year I kept wondering why Green county wasn't in it. They were by far the biggest team we played last year and the only team that we played that proved to be better than us (of the teams we played). Then I got the brackets and saw they weren't even in it. Someone told me something about them not being eligble, but didn't understand why? If they weren't eligble for the state playoff then they probably shouldn't have defeated us for the conference championship. Or that was my thinking. Of course that could just be a rumor. Plenty of those are always out there (in fact I just helped pass it along, lol).
Please try and correct me if I'm wrong Mayfieldcardinal. Why did your seventh grade decide not to play for State this year, oh yeah cause they got thumped twice by 30 by Graves! And both 8th grade teams where good this year, won one lost won. As far as the WKY championship, I was there and Mayfield had several better calls than Graves which truly decided the outcome. Congrats on that. But as far as best team in D3? Both Mayfield and Graves 8th grade were FAR from it!!
I was there too, at the Eagles field. Kinda sad when you think you got screwed on your home field. Graves was lucky on 4 plays on 4th down. Mayfield was the better team. However, I do give them credit for that 1st win, they werte plain out coached. I don't know if Mayfield had the best 8th grade team but it was a good one and when most of these teams are getting their butts kicked in high school, this team will be contending for HIGH SCHOOL STATE TITLES. I agree it would be nice to win a middle school title but I dont think Mayfield actually put's much emphasis on it. The real goal is to get these boys ready for high school , which we do a great job of.
FYI...Don't sleep on CAL in 8th gr D3. Their 5/6 team gonna go 11-0 in LYFL. HS rolling...

GEAUX Centurions!!!