Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Question to KYMSFA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will you please justify the seeding for Region 4 Division 1. I have information showing that the number 1 and 2 seed should actually be flipped flopped according to the KYMSFA point system. If you cannot the North Laurel Jaguars will take care of it on the field!
How do you think that the seeding is going to go for fhe region?
Have you seen a bracket can't find one anywhere heard they wouldn't be out till Monday
If so who got the one and two seeds
jumper1 Wrote:How do you think that the seeding is going to go for fhe region?

I am talking about Div. 1. Div.3, far as I know you better be ready to play Saturday Jumper.
I knew you were talking division 1. Curious if you believe Southern will be the 1 seed.
In division 1 region 4 it's usually full of power house teams and not mistaken the last few state champions
I'm not sure how they do seeds. Wasn't Belfry an 8-9 seed last year?
There's no way the should have been that low..
There are several variables that go into seeding.

The committee uses the KMSFA Playoff PowerPoint Presentation that all coaches have available to read and determine their own points if necessary.

I can assure you that every step possible is taken to make sure teams are placed correctly per our procedures. In the end, I've always said that if you want to truly earn the title of "state champion" then you can't be afraid to play anyone. Show up and play ball. Work on beating the next team in your bracket. That's all that should matter.
It's based off who you beat. You get points for each win. For example if you beat a d1 team you get 30 points, d2 is 20 and d3 is worth 10 points towards your seed. If you will your REGULAR season championship then you get 2 point bonus.

So if you play small division teams then you will have a lower seed compared to someone who played higher division teams and won.
Points total determines a lot and then geography. Sometimes you have to climb on a bus and prove your worth.
Belfry has 20 points and is a 1 seed but the 2 seed Simons has 24 points.. Just thought that was curious
Why are there so many teams in d1 than d2.
It also has to do with if a school has both 7th and 8th grade teams in playoffs. Sometimes the have to change a seed to make sure teams can play at same place so coaching staff isn't forced to split.
Not sure about East Carter but I think we have around 20 points also. If Fleming has 24 points then they should have got the 1 seed in div 2 region 4. Belfry did not win their conference pretty sure Johnson central took that title. Not to take anything away from Belfry I'm sure they are the #1 team to beat. Good luck to them all....
Does belfry have a 7th grade team in it? East Carter does not , not sure about Fleming
Yeah east had 20 points and is a 3 seed. Simons had 24 and got the 2 seed and belfry had 21 points and got the 1 seed.. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not making the brackets I just go where I'm told to play
Ok that does make sense c. Lockwood.. Bluegrass has a 5 seed so I'm thinking we're a 5 seed is because we can't host a playoff game
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Yeah east had 20 points and is a 3 seed. Simons had 24 and got the 2 seed and belfry had 21 points and got the 1 seed.. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not making the brackets I just go where I'm told to play

Do you have some inside info that no one else has or access to a bracket? Where are you getting this from?
The brackets are out...same stuff different year.
I got the bracket yesterday afternoon that's how I knew
KMSFA2 Wrote:There are several variables that go into seeding.

The committee uses the KMSFA Playoff PowerPoint Presentation that all coaches have available to read and determine their own points if necessary.

I can assure you that every step possible is taken to make sure teams are placed correctly per our procedures. In the end, I've always said that if you want to truly earn the title of "state champion" then you can't be afraid to play anyone. Show up and play ball. Work on beating the next team in your bracket. That's all that should matter.

Another Variable that is not mentioned is that teams sometimes can not host on a certain day or days and therefore have to be given a different seed so that they are the travel team as well as other logistical issues that we are informed of prior to and even after in some cases the brackets come out.
Good luck to all teams
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Yeah east had 20 points and is a 3 seed. Simons had 24 and got the 2 seed and belfry had 21 points and got the 1 seed.. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not making the brackets I just go where I'm told to play

It'll make sense when you see them play.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:The brackets are out...same stuff different year.

I should not have sent this. It was a knee jerk reaction in frustration. Coach Herm Edwards said "Don't press send". I apologize to the commitee.
Never post when mad or drinking or mad and drinking!!!LOL
Are there any teams from the Bluegrass conference in the playoffs this year?? can't open brackets...