Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter 8th Grade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious of how many 15yr. olds are on this team. Not trying to start any drama, just curious. They really look awfully old compared to the normal 13-14yr. olds that normally play in 8th grade. Very good team though. Watched them play Rowan last night. Rowan doesn't have any 15yr. olds. Good luck East.
East has no players who are 15 years old. They have some very good players and some good size kids but they are all 13 or 14 years old.
Doesn't matter if they're all 15 as long as they turned 15 after August 1.
True but East does not have anyone that will turn 15 until Jan. of 2014.
East has one player on the team with a full beard and very tall. He's only 13 about to turn 14. We've been accused of cheating this season due to our boys looking older. All birth certificates are carried with the head coach due to this assumption. East is stacked with several very skilled players. Thanks ffb fan for the compliment.....East has worked hard to get to where they are today.
I understand that. I was just curious. You have to admit it is a big difference between 13 yr. olds and 15 yr. olds. Good looking team. Hope you all do well.
East has one player on the team with a full beard and very tall. He's only 13 about to turn 14. We've been accused of cheating this season due to our boys looking older. All birth certificates are carried with the head coach due to this assumption. East is stacked with very skilled players. Thanks for the compliment ffb fan. I agree with the difference from 13-15.
Coaches of East Carter carry birth certificates for the young men on the team. As long as the young men turn 15 AFTER August 1st, the requirements are met. In regards to the question about the difference between 13 and 15: Young men come in all shapes and sizes, just as adults. Some young men are short, some are tall...some are big, some are small. The joy of football is this : It's about heart and the love of the game! East Carter is all heart and follows the rules on age requirements. Good luck Raiders!
Actually when we played at East, they had a ceremony between games to announce all of the players leaving the 8th grade and moving on to the highschool. They announced the players' ages and at least one was announced as a 15 year old. What also needs to be taken into consideration is the hold back status of a player. When KHSAA rules go into full affect next year, a player will not be allowed to play if he or she has been held back in the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade. That is the way it should be now to ensure the safety of all players. It is absolutely asinine to hold a child back for sports reasons only.
Gatti-Ward YES....that ONE player had just turned 15. Regardless.....he meets the age requirement per birth certificate. The assumptions that a child has been held back just to play football is crazy! I'm sure in 1st grade that was their plan. Who knows. I consider this topic a compliment. Our players are just that talented.
I do realize you were speaking in general Gatti-Ward.....sorry my reply posted without this included. Our player who just turned 15 was held back in elementary. Not for sports. Just clarifying.
I do agree as far as the rule of if they are being held back in the 6th, 7th and 8th grade shouldn't be allowed.
Gatti-Ward Wrote:Actually when we played at East, they had a ceremony between games to announce all of the players leaving the 8th grade and moving on to the highschool. They announced the players' ages and at least one was announced as a 15 year old. What also needs to be taken into consideration is the hold back status of a player. When KHSAA rules go into full affect next year, a player will not be allowed to play if he or she has been held back in the 6th, 7th, or 8th grade. That is the way it should be now to ensure the safety of all players. It is absolutely asinine to hold a child back for sports reasons only.

That's not exactly true. If a player has already been held back prior to the rule in any of those grades they are still eligible.
The "ceremony" was 8th grade night. The young men were announced, along with ages. If a young man is 15, AFTER August 1st, he qualifies to play. In regards to his age "not being fair or asinine", our 15 year old player isn't our "biggest" player. Some of Our 13 year old players tower over the rest. To assume, only because of the number "15", a child was held back for "sport" purposes is also "asinine". I agree with 6th,7th,8th however if a child was held back in younger grades due to education purposes, as long as 15 occurs before August 1, then rules are being followed. A 13 year old, a 15 year old....skill is skill....any team...any division....good luck raiders.
Kids also mature physically after different ages. Some kids are full grown in the 8th grade. We make stars out of kids in middle school who never pan out. We also run off kids who would have been tremendous football players.