Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Patrick Sparks Overrated?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since he hit those free throws in the Louisville game he has been heralded as this great savior, but he has played like crap in every game since then.

Do you think Sparks needs to sit the bench more?
Yes, Ive said this for a long time but everyone seems to ignore me. He makes some bad decisions causing stupid turnovers, especially when he rushes. Sometimes he forces things that arent there.
Nah... 5-8, 3-5 from 3. 14 points in 26 minutes today. He rushes some shots because he wants to create. If he calms down, gets an open look, the majority of the time he hits the 3. I heard Tubby say before the game today that Sparks had his feet spread too far and he was off balance when shooting. Looks like he worked on that for the game.

He's a really good passer. It just comes natural to him. Some of the turnovers come from passes that just aren't handled by the recipient.

Sparks will be ok.
There's more than scoreing points...and I think that Sparks sees the floor real well!
I think Sparks should get to play as much as he does.. I agree with Beef.. he is great finding other players
u guys are way off...lets remember down the stretch in a game when u need someone to make free throws ur gonna want sparks not rondo...
but in the future crawford, bradley, and rondo will dominate
I don't think he is the greatest player on the team but I think he is just fine and will help UK more than he hurts them. IMO.
Sparks has alot to contribute to the team. I agree he is not the best player, that belongs to Rondo. Sparks needs to stay in the starting 5.
Sparks needs to stay in the game and shoot til his arm's numb. He can also create, he's by no stretch to be considered a really quick player but somehow drives by his opponents.
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Sparks has alot to contribute to the team. I agree he is not the best player, that belongs to Rondo. Sparks needs to stay in the starting 5.

thumb4.gif
He's fine as is UK.
Like Beef said, Sparks sees the floor better than anyone else. Also, agree with what ZMG said about him "wanting" to make things happen. I think he makes mostly good choices. GO 22!

I think Rondo is unreal though!
I like Sparks, Uk is a good fit for him
I like Sparks but I think coming down the stretch he will need to have better control and decision making. One mistake in the tourney could cost you the entire thing.
DO YOU ALL BELIEVE ME NOW!!!!!!!!!! Sparks played terrible tonight. He sucks!
Sparks is terrible, he played horrible tonight and made very bad decisions.
He is a good player. Maybe when he hits the game winning shot to send KY to the final four this year we will all respect him much more..

However, he did have a horrible game tonight. As did the rest of the cats excluding Bukie..
Sparks is overrated. The few games I've actually got to watch this year he didn't impress me one bit. He can shoot the three, but that's about it. Sometimes he makes a good pass, but so far I haven't been overall impressed with his defense, or his ability to hustle.. That kind of goes for all the cats this season.. Buike would be good if he would get some consistency, but if I let a guy shoot 20 times under the goal and he missed more than 5, his butt would be on the bench
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Sparks has alot to contribute to the team. I agree he is not the best player, that belongs to Rondo. Sparks needs to stay in the starting 5.

I retract this statement and say BENCH SPARKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL yeah I'd like to retract mine also even though I said Sparks is only OK. He sucks badly. Bench him and give Rondo more PT as well as Ravi Moss. And what was the deal with Tubby playing Carrier last night? He shouldn't even have a UK jersey on. I wouldn't have him on my grade school team.
If UK didn't have Rondo, then they would be lucky to be in the top 25. He is what makes things work for them.
Sparks is a ok player at TIMES....But I knew the game was over last night when Carrier got to play
Sparks even had an article in espn the mag. I didnt think he deserved that. He is a good player at times. He does tend to rush things that arent there. Takes shots he shouldnt. But, hes not the only player from uk ive seen do it. I think Hayes is overrated as well. Uk will be a great team in years to come.
Sparks is extremely overrated. good observation on the louisville game. the kid can be clutch at times but when u bomb threes when the shot clock is at 21 and 22 then u are forcing shots. hes got to start finding the open man. the kid can be clutch at times (see louisville) but you got to remember we almost lost a mcdonalds all american because of him. we need to sit sparks, start crawford and allow patrick and ramel to come off the bench when our starters need a breather. that carolina loss was embarrassing...i know yall had to see my man rondo get flat out stuffed in the first half...hurt my pride...but keep drivin rondo! and start sittin sparks
sparks is overrated he forces too many illadvised shots, isnt a very good ball handler, and cant finish on a fast break
the cats need sparks leadership in the line-up
Sparks is needed but right now the entire team needs to pick it up.
catdawg u have to realize that these cats have completely overachieved this year, no one expected them to be this good rite now, they might have just reached there peak
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:LOL yeah I'd like to retract mine also even though I said Sparks is only OK. He sucks badly. Bench him and give Rondo more PT as well as Ravi Moss. And what was the deal with Tubby playing Carrier last night? He shouldn't even have a UK jersey on. I wouldn't have him on my grade school team.

Tubby was trying to find some sort of offense and despite how bad Carrier might be. He is a good three point shooter. Not a bad move by Tubby at all. It just didnt turn out well.
def. agree with that
Pages: 1 2