Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your pics in each region in each class D1 D2 and D3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Don't know much about the teams out there just what i here on here.
Hoping for a East Carter vs Belfry matchup in D2 Region 4.

Division 1 Johnson Co has the be the favorite. South Pulaski will be there to. Not sure about the other regions....
I think New Harlan and Foley Middle School in D2 will be the real game!
tvtimeout Wrote:I think New Harlan and Foley Middle School in D2 will be the regal game!
What are there records and what good teams have they beat.
I think that Foley Middle is undefeated and New Harlan has only lost 1 or 2 games, according to earlier posts. I have a good friend that I went to college with and he was telling me about Foley, he has a son on the team. Apparently, they have a really good running back. We will see!
Road to D-2 Championship runs through the heart of Belfry. There is Belfry and then there's every body else.
QUOTE=Warrior Grandpa;1661727]Road to D-2 Championship runs through the heart of Belfry. There is Belfry and then there's every body else.[/QUOTE]

We played Pike Central last night these boys was hitting like they were really mad felt sorry for the other team these boys are getting ready for a big run in the playoffs we have Johnson Central again Saturday night should be another heck of a football game and thsnks for all the kind words about our team.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:QUOTE=Warrior Grandpa;1661727]Road to D-2 Championship runs through the heart of Belfry. There is Belfry and then there's every body else.

We played Pike Central last night these boys was hitting like they were really mad felt sorry for the other team these boys are getting ready for a big run in the playoffs we have Johnson Central again Saturday night should be another heck of a football game and thsnks for all the kind words about our team.[/QUOTE]

What time and where exactly?
JagSwag Wrote:We played Pike Central last night these boys was hitting like they were really mad felt sorry for the other team these boys are getting ready for a big run in the playoffs we have Johnson Central again Saturday night should be another heck of a football game and thsnks for all the kind words about our team.

What time and where exactly?[/QUOTE]

Saturday don't know the time yet i would say coach will tell them today i ask him last night and he didn't know yet it's at P-burg it's going to be a big game two
good teams going to war.
I agree about the Belfry comment. I was just thinking that Foley and New Harlan would be a great D2 game!
tvtimeout Wrote:I agree about the Belfry comment. I was just thinking that Foley and New Harlan would be a great D2 game!

This should be a real good game to watch good luck to both teams.
How many teams total play in the playoffs every year?
Bluegrass middle school will represent the west side of the bracket in the d2 championship
Hopefully new harlan stays in d3 so we don't have to travel 3 to 4 hours to play a game. Not many d2 schools from the list are close.
New Harlan will be D3....the official document listed in the other thread has them listed as D3 so that's that. It has been stated over and over that New Harlan is one of THREE teams that feed into Harlan County High school. They have players from 3 schools for a combined 23 players. They do not have an individual 7th grade team AND 8th grade team, but are combined 7th and 8th graders. Every school especially statewide has different situations. New Harlan is in a different situation than schools in Northern and Western KY. Some schools in D2 and D3 pull from middle schools with 600+ 6-8th grades where as New Harlan pulls from about 150-200 total males (including schools that contribute ZERO to the team). New Harlan will be Division 3.
UPSCat4080 Wrote:New Harlan will be D3....the official document listed in the other thread has them listed as D3 so that's that. It has been stated over and over that New Harlan is one of THREE teams that feed into Harlan County High school. They have players from 3 schools for a combined 23 players. They do not have an individual 7th grade team AND 8th grade team, but are combined 7th and 8th graders. Every school especially statewide has different situations. New Harlan is in a different situation than schools in Northern and Western KY. Some schools in D2 and D3 pull from middle schools with 600+ 6-8th grades where as New Harlan pulls from about 150-200 total males (including schools that contribute ZERO to the team). New Harlan will be Division 3.

What are the cutoffs for each division?
As plantman said earlier in the classification posts there are alot of teams that have not stated with they are playing this year. I think that would influence the cutoffs. It the cutoffs are fluid then, it may not be a done deal. If the cutoffs right now anybody under 201 in D3 201 to 400 D2 and D1 401 +, but 17 new teams show up with 10 under 200, 3 with D2, and 4 with D1, the cutoffs would obviously change.
That is why I keep asking about cutoffs.
Cutoff a are not fluid from what I understand. The classification is the same. What can happen is teams move regions geographically if there is an unbalanced bracket.
I thought cut off was more like 125 and down, 125-235, and 235+, wouldnt be many schools in D-1 with 400 males. I know the mountain schools arent that big.
I agree with my fellow RaiderFan.. Belfry and East Carter would be one crazy good match up!! Looking for that to happen in the playoffs. East Carter is stacked with several skilled players.
RichBrooks Wrote:I thought cut off was more like 125 and down, 125-235, and 235+, wouldnt be many schools in D-1 with 400 males. I know the mountain schools arent that big.

Ok, is that the offical cutoff, if so, sounds like New Harlan will be a D2 offically. If not then we will see the cutoffs.
New Harlan has been classified (rightly so) as a D3 school. There absolutely should not be changes to that at this late date. The deadline for entry forms was around September 1st and deadline for payment was September 15th. There has been plenty of time for changes and none have been made. To make changes to classifications now would be unfair to any affected teams. They have been preparing for teams within their classification and to throw them in with a completely new set if teams 1 week before games begin would them no time to scout and prepare appropriately. I know that the guys who put thus together work hard to be fair and equitable and to make changes now would be the opposite of that. New Harlan falls within the D3 classification and that us where they should stay.
I did not realize that New Harlan was that Big of a threat in d-3.They must have some awful big boys coming out of them mountains, to be putting such a scare into these other teams.
Yeah they are a solid team but I think they dressed about 25-30 and didn't have much size on the line at all. Had some solid skill guys. Not sure about the rest of d3 but I don't think they would be the favorite???
People are just concerned. Everyone wants their team to do as well as possible. They see new Harlan as being tied to a large power house high school program and they were in D2 last year. If they have the numbers of students to be D3 then so be it. Just play ball and win all you can
Lets face it these guys at kymsfa have a daunting task to make the 3 divisions as fair as possible. They have been at it more years than most of us have been following middle school football this closely. There will only be three teams that are really going to be happy when it is over and they will be called CHAMPIONS of their divisions. Play the teams in front of you, win and advance,lose and look forward to next year
Now that the brackets are out im going to go with region 4 in all three divisions and 7th grade.
Johnson County Middle is solid in 8th and 7th grade teams. Paintsville is tough and undefeated in division 3 region 4.
BigMelon63 Wrote:Johnson County Middle is solid in 8th and 7th grade teams. Paintsville is tough and undefeated in division 3 region 4.

They beat a lot of good 7th grade teams. :Clap:
Pages: 1 2