Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass middle school athletes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

These kids are amazing athletes!!
Anthony Witherpsoon is a beast and a freak athlete. With Freshman Korie Cleveland and Robert Horner finally getting some serious Varsity action last week I look for him and those two be the staple of running backs/receivers starting next year and for several years after for John. And yes, this kid Witherspoon should get plenty of varsity action next year as a Freshman if he keeps working hard. Great article about Bluegrass in the News Enterprise today.
with all due respect the wihterspoon kid is good but i quit watching after two plays because of his stupid celebration...
The kid is 13 years old he's going to celebrate... Here's a link that people might find interesting.. Witherspoon is getting national attention now

http://youth1.com/index.php/football-hea...-the-scene
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:The kid is 13 years old he's going to celebrate... Here's a link that people might find interesting.. Witherspoon is getting national attention now

http://youth1.com/index.php/football-hea...-the-scene

Exactly. God forbid a kid celebrate anything. I am assuming the switch the coach made was moving #1 to running back and #2 to quarterback. That seemed to work very well in the highlights. My question though is John is set at quarterback the next 2 years with Shay Stone, despite the coach saying he would be a shotgun type QB. I would put him in running back with the two other stud Freshman at least the next two years because that's a lethal backfield.
Stone is a really good kid and athlete but I think he'll be splitting time with either Witherspoon or Pearson(#2)..... I would like to see the freshmen running backs with shay at QB and Witherspoon at receiver..I don't think Witherspoon play QB in college.. With a good o-line no one would stop this 5 headed snake
[quote=hoss403]Exactly. God forbid a kid celebrate anything.QUOTE]

Celebrating with your teammates is one thing. "Superman"ing yourself every single time you make a big play or touchdown is egotistical and over the top. Kid is a beast, but hopefully his "look at me" actions are just him celebrating and not a reflection of his attitude.
You really can't ask for a better attitude from a kid. He's always looking to improve his skills as a all around football player. His celebrating is just having fun playing a game he loves and isn't that the first lesson we all learn with any sport I say let the kid have fun
The first celebration in that video took place in a 36-12 loss, so I'm not sure it was an "in your face" thing. Maybe something to just try to get his teammates up. However, he is a very nice player. Needs a little bit of fundamental coaching in ball security and how to tuck the football properly as he tends to swing it wide every touch. The hard hitting mountain teams that they may face will take advantage of that. I look for Bluegrass to sneak their way into the final four this year, depending on their regional match-ups. Good luck to you folks at Bluegrass.
Thanks wildcat were hoping to make a lot of noise this post season we haven't even played in the playoffs the last 3 years and only have 1 state title back from the first year of the playoffs in '08 so were ready for a deep run
It may be a good thing for him to face the mountain teams as hopefully he will learn from it and improve his game for John Hardin when he plays for them. Should be fun.
Yeah hoss it may be good for him but my personal opinion is they have to catch him first and in an open field they're ain't to but maybe a handful in the state that can catch him and the offensive line is the reason he gets to the open field.. They're a good solid unit that creates running lanes for these great running backs
Belfry might have something to say about mountain teams not being able to catch them. Has to get outside first!
no offensive to the mountain teams but they've never seen an athlete like Witherspoon he's a national ranked athlete and I just personally think they're isn't a team that can contain him I mean northern Pulaski couldn't contain him and they're one of the best teams in the state.. I'm not taking anything from belfry but they just can't handle Witherspoon or the other running back.. I've seen a lot of film on belfry that's where my opioions come from
Didn't northern Pulaski win 36-12? Sounds like they handled him pretty well. If he's as good as you say could have made the game competitive maybe. Not knocking the kid at all but national rankings at this age are useless. Most of these are just beginning to grow. Once again not taking anything away from the kid he looks like a great player but the fact the eastern part of the state has dominated middle school since the associations second year I have a hard time believing they won't do the same this year. Obviously high school is another story but this is the middle school board.
Well i hope you make it all the way and we do . the highlight film you have on these kids shows me that Bluegrass hasn't played any body with any size or that will hit them you kids on this highlights are small hope we get to play each other should be fun.
Just a word of advice. Its much better to inbox coaches than to put highlights on here. Either critics will abound or you will put a target on this young man. I personally have no stake one way or the other but teams like Belfry, Corbin, and other D2 schools will use this against you and there will be a price to pay
I don't chime in on threads where parents and fans are promoting their kids abilities but lets get them through high school before we start worrying if they will play a certain position in college. They look like fine athletes no doubt but there are good athletes on a lot of teams that will give Bluegrass all they can handle.
BIG RN Wrote:Just a word of advice. Its much better to inbox coaches than to put highlights on here. Either critics will abound or you will put a target on this young man. I personally have no stake one way or the other but teams like Belfry, Corbin, and other D2 schools will use this against you and there will be a price to pay

You are exactly right. There is nothing better than a parent or coach posting film on here or other social media. Makes a coaches job a little easier when you dont have to drive across the state to scout a team...
He looks like a solid kid. Not a big fan of painting a target on a kid. I wish him all the best in the future. If he continues to work and grow, skies the limit. Sometimes kids have to many people telling them how good they are and the drive and hard work suffers. There is a saying we all use an I see it over and over again. "Middle school stud, high school dud". This happends because kids lose the drive to keep getting better. Hopefully he is surrounded by good family, friends, and coaches so he can continue his growth.
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:no offensive to the mountain teams but they've never seen an athlete like Witherspoon he's a national ranked athlete and I just personally think they're isn't a team that can contain him I mean northern Pulaski couldn't contain him and they're one of the best teams in the state.. I'm not taking anything from belfry but they just can't handle Witherspoon or the other running back.. I've seen a lot of film on belfry that's where my opioions come from

Northern beats Bluegress by 24 Southern beats Northen by 10 Johnson Central beats Southern by 24 Belfry goes to JC and goes in to 2 overtimes JC and Belfry is really even what makes you thank that Bluegrass is up there with Belfry.
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:no offensive to the mountain teams but they've never seen an athlete like Witherspoon he's a national ranked athlete and I just personally think they're isn't a team that can contain him I mean northern Pulaski couldn't contain him and they're one of the best teams in the state.. I'm not taking anything from belfry but they just can't handle Witherspoon or the other running back.. I've seen a lot of film on belfry that's where my opioions come from

Witherspoon looks like a really good football player but you brought this up Bigdaddy if he couldn't be contained then Blugrass would be undefeated looks like a few teams out there contained him this year.
Well I guess we won't get to see a bluegrass belfry match up.. Last I heard today is belfry will be in the D1 bracket. We'll find out forsure when the bracket is released to the public
Not sure how that would work unless they elected to go up. Who would do that?
I was wrong sorry just seen the bracket belfry is D2 region 4
You have connects then
Corbin, Belfry, Barrett, Wayne Cty there is a Huge amount of competition out there and multiple teams that "look" much better than the teams Bluegrass faced on the film I saw.
Cardfan it deff helps to know people.. Whose your team and I'll tell ya what seed they are
Wayne co
Pages: 1 2