Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter vs Ashland Verity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any thoughts or predictions?
Update?
East won both. 7th 18-16 on a score in last minute, 8th 42-0 (maybe 40-0, they counted kicked PAT as 2 points on scoreboard).
8th Grade

East Carter 42
Ashland Verity 0

7th Grade
East Carter 18
Ashland verity 16

Big wins for the Raiders!!
Huge. May have knocked Ashland out of the playoffs. Any word on Boyd/Louisa?
Louisa 34
Boyd 12
7th
So who's in? Greenup? Ashland? Boyd? Louisa?
Boyd and Ashland tie with same amount of points allowed at 80, tie breaker should go to head to head and Ashland beat boyd, I'm assuming Ashland and greenup are in
AshlandDad Wrote:East won both. 7th 18-16 on a score in last minute, 8th 42-0 (maybe 40-0, they counted kicked PAT as 2 points on scoreboard).

FYI - a kicked PAT in middle school is worth 2 points....in middle school, you either get 2 or 0....
In all the games we have played, when we kick our extra points they only counted as one. Just saying we was robbed if true!!!!Lol...
You were robbed...lol....at one of our games, the announcer even announced this rule for clarification....
can you find where this rule is? because I thought we just played by high school rules? Maybe your conference does this because our jr. football gives two for the kick and 1 for the conversion. But in our middle school games no one has ever made one but i always have assumed it was worth 1.
Southern's 7th grade kicker is a soccer style kicker and has made several pats. We only got credit for one point on any kick made.
It is a conference rule to help promote kicking in the middle school ranks.
If it's an EKC rule they didn't communicate it well when the conference was rebuilt this year. Verity's opponents in a couple games (Louisa & Raceland I think) kicked 1-point PATs this season. Coach Walter of Verity wasn't aware of the rule when East kicked last night.

Maybe it was a rule in one of the source conferences and not the other in years past? It's a good rule, and Verity would've worked on those XP if they'd known I bet.
Sounds like a good 8th grade game
Thanks wildcat.
EKC 2013 7th Grade Playoffs
Ashland Verity (East #2) AT Bath County (West #1)
Wed 10/2 6:30pm

Rowan County (West #2) AT Mason County (East #1)
not sure date/time

Anybody know 8th matchups?
Mason is in the west right?? Thought Greenup and verity made it in the east
Jeez. Typo. Here's corrected version - they moved Verity/Bath to Tuesday.

EKC 2013 7th Grade Playoffs
Ashland Verity (East #2) AT Bath County (West #1)
Tue 10/1 6:30pm

Rowan County (West #2) AT Greenup County (East #1)
not sure date/time
8th Grade West#2 Rowan Co. @ East#1 East Carter Oct. 3 @ 6:30p.m.