Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bluegrass 36 Christian county 12 (8th grade)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bluegrass middle school is the real deal. Absolutely dominated a very good Christian county team.. #10 scored two touchdowns in under a minute to start the 2nd half. Took the kick off for a td and then Christian has a long pass that looks like a td but 10 ran up behind the ball carrier and just took it from him on the 10 yard line then returned it for a td. This kid was amazing to watch
What is Bluegrass's record? Who have you played,beat or loss to? Are you D,1,2 or 3?
Northern played Bluegrass at the beginning of the season and beat them pretty bad. Can't remember exact score but it wasn't a game.
Bluegrass will be in Division 2.
5-4 with losses to n Pulaski, Anderson county, east Hardin and Meade county... Except for the Pulaski loss bg gave the other team the game because of fumbles over 5 in each game but this offense fixed the problem and is rolling right now beating tk stone, James t Alton, west Hardin, north Hardin, and Christian county all with a running clock either at half time or within the first couple minutes of the 3rd quarter
I would put northern Pulaski's team against any high school jv team in the stet they were huge and just pounded the football very well coached team
Bigdaddy6408 Wrote:Bluegrass middle school is the real deal. Absolutely dominated a very good Christian county team.. #10 scored two touchdowns in under a minute to start the 2nd half. Took the kick off for a td and then Christian has a long pass that looks like a td but 10 ran up behind the ball carrier and just took it from him on the 10 yard line then returned it for a td. This kid was amazing to watch

Whitley County 7th grade beat Bluegrass 7th 12-6 Saturday. It was a well played game by both teams.
Thanks Bigdaddy. John Hardin will be down after this season for two years but I keep telling everyone to watch out when this year's Freshman are Seniors and the kids from Bluegrass are Juniors. That may be the most athletic team John will ever have. And I will be shocked if Bluegrass doesn't make a deep run in the playoffs.
It sounds like 5A will be pretty stout for the next 4-5 years in high school seeing the success with Bluegrass, North Laurel, Northern Pulaski, and even Southern Pulaski (if the high school can keep things going). Your seeing the history from the middle school level start to peak these programs in high school right now with three of those four.
Glad your back Wildcat18, I was beginning to think that loss to Wayne County had you down and off the board. We never got your report on that game, the 8th grade Cards may not be great but thinking they would be 1-5 with your schedule was a little much don't you think?
I was at the game and have much respect for Coach Foley and the strength of the Pulaski Northern program, but Wayne County might have been motivated by all that smack talk you was spewing. It's middle school kids let the scoreboard decide the winner, not message boards. ROLL CARDS!
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:Glad your back Wildcat18, I was beginning to think that loss to Wayne County had you down and off the board. We never got your report on that game, the 8th grade Cards may not be great but thinking they would be 1-5 with your schedule was a little much don't you think?
I was at the game and have much respect for Coach Foley and the strength of the Pulaski Northern program, but Wayne County might have been motivated by all that smack talk you was spewing. It's middle school kids let the scoreboard decide the winner, not message boards. ROLL CARDS!

My thoughts still haven't changed much. I think Bluegrass, Bowling Green, Whitley, and quite possibly Lincoln County (with their best player #3) would have beaten WC, especially that early in the season. Game was irrelevant for us. We laid an egg, plain and simple. An F game will get you beat every time, especially on the road, and that's exactly what happened. We would only have 2 wins right now had we played our entire schedule like we played against WC. Maybe that win will keep you all on our schedule from here on out, unlike the past. Good luck to ya'll.
I guess we will just have to disagree on several of your comments. This game didn't matter to our kids either, that is a cheap way of saying we got outplayed. Wayne County has lost to Southern and Meece, two pretty good football teams, in my opinion. Hopefully they'll keep playing, good luck to you all the rest of the way, in the end I still like Wayne County to be a factor in D2. BTW.....last year the teams attempted to play, so I don't think a rumor of not playing anymore is there, unless you all have more meaningful game since this is a nothing game anyhow. Good Luck against Southern, they have a very nice squad.
Hoss I can't wait to this years freshmen and 8th grade team when they are upper classmen it's going to be a very special time at John Hardin and I'm willing to bet they will finally break down the door and win a couple state titles
Who's the top teams in D2 this year.
AAAAHHHH, its Belfry till some one in D2 beats them. I don't see that happening this year.
Jewell Field Fan Wrote:I guess we will just have to disagree on several of your comments. This game didn't matter to our kids either, that is a cheap way of saying we got outplayed. Wayne County has lost to Southern and Meece, two pretty good football teams, in my opinion. Hopefully they'll keep playing, good luck to you all the rest of the way, in the end I still like Wayne County to be a factor in D2. BTW.....last year the teams attempted to play, so I don't think a rumor of not playing anymore is there, unless you all have more meaningful game since this is a nothing game anyhow. Good Luck against Southern, they have a very nice squad.

What part of my comment was cheap? I thought I made it pretty clear that we got outplayed. Southern is a very good team and much improved from earlier in the year. I have a lot of respect for them. I wouldn't know about Meece. They only seem to want to play Northern when they have a team they think they can beat us with, much like you all, which is rare. Your comment about the teams attempting to play was false. Northern attempted to play. From the email that was forwarded to me, WC canceled a week or two before the game because of a "scheduling conflict" and put us in a bind with having enough games. But that is water under the bridge, maybe last week changed that. Good luck to you all.

Belfry is elite in D-2. I would put Bluegrass and Wayne in tier two, followed by everyone else. I'm still not sure why they don't combine D-2 & D-3. D-3 usually has a limited amount of teams.
The cheap comment came from the game meant nothing to our kids, you only get 10 games a season so they all should matter. On the point again last year both teams were short a 7th grade game and a game was scheduled at Wayne County and then storms cancelled and no makeup could be set, due to scheduling conflicts, unlike Pulaski County, Wayne County has one field for varsity, junior varsity, freshmen, middle school and youth leagues, plus soccer so a scheduling conflict is legit. (this was not on the original schedule)
Wins are rare against Pulaski Northern, actually Northern seldom loses, but when they do it would be nice to think maybe the other team had something to do with it? Either way I'm glad we do play it helps us for postseason and yes Belfry is the real deal, they are men among boys, just glad my Cards get to fly west in the postseason! Once again good luck Saturday.
On the D3 thing, I think the smaller schools are against it, I agree at times in the past a couple wins could almost get you to championship Saturday, but I think they keep 3 classes hoping to motivate those schools that aren't members.
Lot of good teams in D-2 this year