Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Middle School Teams In The Mtns?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
who are some of the best middle school teams around ??
Martin county middle school..they have been good since i can remeber for the last 2 seasons they have went undefented in regular season....
IntheZone Wrote:Martin county middle school..they have been good since i can remeber for the last 2 seasons they have went undefented in regular season....
i have to agree, martin county county looked mighty sharp at the preseason grid saturday.. will be hard to beat..
I'm waiting to see if Louisa's 8th grade can live up to the hype. They only lost 3 games in 4 years during youth league and have most of the same players. If they stay true to form they will be something to contend with.
dawgmom Wrote:I'm waiting to see if Louisa's 8th grade can live up to the hype. They only lost 3 games in 4 years during youth league and have most of the same players. If they stay true to form they will be something to contend with.

They start there quest thursday at East Carter. The Dawg have a bright future ahead with this incoming class. They are big and strong. They are fast and smart. So everyone make the trip yo east carter thursday and support your 7th and 8th grade middle school Panthers.
i don't think pikeville should be over looked. i mean they have Several good running backs like Keene McCoy and Ratliff that can all string together touchdowns if needed.
Knott county has 4 teams in there conferance and leslie also in it.. they have some good players coming out of there nothing like east carter or martian county but a couple good wepons i don't know much about leslie but Hindman middles school has a great back feild Even potter at qutarback this kid is only 14 and can throw almost 60 yards. also shane hamioltian (spelling) he lacks in size but is quick on his feet. emmalena middileschool also has a couple good wepons Jacob miller in the back feild smart strong powerful tailback that runs the ball with confidence. Eric shepherd as the qb can launch a ball deep and also scramble himself out of a mess. Carr creek has a Powerful tail back he lacks in speed but can level someone. Also bever middleschool has a Lineman that is in the 7th grade about 5'11 290 he had a interception on the line and ran it back for forty yards this kid is a brute. I have no info on the Leslie county team but can have more tuesday after they play Emmalena(my team im jacob miller) then i can get back to u on that they have a good kicker but he may of been 8th! grade!
I would put Whitesburg up against ANYONE!
In the Betsy Layne and Martin County scrimmage martin to look to good
Id say the Lecther East Caddamounts (not sure on the spelling there) but I believe they are as good as any1 around here. Word is that they defeated Virgie this year and Virgie hadnt loss in 3 years. Anyone know if this is true? Letcher County now has 4 football teams Jenkins, Whitesburg, Letcher East (Martha Jane, Neon, Bekam Bates),Letcher West (Letcher, Cowan, Arlie Boggs). This has made County play alot more competative and fun to watch.
I think pikeville is very stong this year and have very talented players such as keene, layne, mccoy, and ratliff
Don't be surprised if you see Belfry Middle School in the competition. They are rising fast, they are showing their true talent and will be among the best in PIKE COUNTY if not the BEST!!TongueirateSho
Sebastian Middle School in Jackson has some pretty good teams every now and again.
East Letcher ran over Belfry in there scrimmage and Belfry cancelled against Whitesburg....Hmm.......WONDER WHY????????????
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:East Letcher ran over Belfry in there scrimmage and Belfry cancelled against Whitesburg....Hmm.......WONDER WHY????????????
belfry didn't show up to some games last season either..
i think betsy layne is playin whitesburg in a bowl game on the 23rd
pikeville has a great young coach in matt branham they also have a lot of talent on the line and in the backfield. they will make a lot of noise this year.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I would put Whitesburg up against ANYONE!

i can almost gurantee u that martin countys b team could beat whitesburgs a team..but i can put money on the line saying martin countys a team can beat almost anybody in the state
big_cards_fan Wrote:i can almost gurantee u that martin countys b team could beat whitesburgs a team..but i can put money on the line saying martin countys a team can beat almost anybody in the state

That is the craziest thing I have heard on here! They need games so why don't you all try to schedule them. Everyone else cancels on them.
Whitesburg "looks" like high school age kids and I don't mean freshman either. Notice I said LOOKS LIKE.....
Watch out for Millard this year. They are undefeated so far with big wins over Phelps and Johns Creek, recently just beat Virgie for their first county loss in nearly 5 years. Brian Casey and Austin Adkins...remember those names
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Watch out for Millard this year. They are undefeated so far with big wins over Phelps and Johns Creek, recently just beat Virgie for their first county loss in nearly 5 years. Brian Casey and Austin Adkins...remember those names

UH... when did they get a BIG WIN over Phelps??? My son plays for Phelps and we only did a scrimmage with Millard and didn't keep a score let alone play the starters an entire game. I can't recall a clock being run OR even being on for that matter...... EACH and every kid got on that field and got some play time. SSSOOOOOOO....... IMO.... A scrimmage isn't something that should be counted as a regular season game!!!
scrimmage or not..it was ugly, and it will be in the regular season as well. Millard handled phelps last year and returned EVERY starter besides one linemen.
HazzBeen Wrote:That is the craziest thing I have heard on here! They need games so why don't you all try to schedule them. Everyone else cancels on them.

oh if i could then i would
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:scrimmage or not..it was ugly, and it will be in the regular season as well. Millard handles phelps last year and returned EVERY starter besides one linemen.

If you say so!!! LOLOL....
haha no fighting words needed..it will be ugly..again.
WELL.... ALL of the fumbles Millard made which BTW we had to hand BACK could have assisted in their "SO CALLED" victory! IN A SCRIMMAGE GAME!!!!! I don't recall Phelps having 7 or 8 fumbles!!! Oh well, guess we'll just wait and see!!!! and NOPE.. those aren't ugly words!! LOLOL...
Yeah, that Millard and Phelps game was rough considering that the biggest boy on the field got the smallest one down and kicked the tar out of him. I hope that you're proud of yourselves, takes a class act to beat up a small fry, Millard, way to represent Pike County.... WOO HOO (note the sarcasm)

The fact is, a scrimage is a scrimage and our boys had not played at all.... get over yourselves and face reality.
you guys get so bent out of shape, using your cap locks and ! marks. Settle down and stop making excuses..hadn't been on the field much, who had at the time? Millard plays hard and dirty..they are mean, thats why they are good. They have a really good team for the first time in 3 years, so we will brag all we want for this year and um..yeah..get ready for a beating.
i think lynn camp will have a good middleschool team they have alot of talent
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5