Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 KYMSFA Membership List & Divisional Classifications
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Attached for everyone are 2 list. 2013 KYMSFA Registered Member List & 2013 KYMSFA Member Divisional Classification List.

***Note the teams listed in the attachments submitted online registrations for 2013-2014. In
order for teams to compete in KYMSFA events teams must be in good standing.
Good Standing Requirements are (Online Registration, Membership dues paid,
Verified Roster Submitted, Team Picture & Logo Submitted, Win Loss Form
submitted for state playoffs, and compliance with 2013 rules)

More information will come in the next week regarding the state playoffs and how to submit your win loss forms for those.

If you can not view the attachments please seek out a BGR Mod or Admin, I have no control over that, thanks.
If all these teams take part it should be a great playoff. The more the Merrier...
plantmanky Wrote:Attached for everyone are 2 list. 2013 KYMSFA Registered Member List & 2013 KYMSFA Member Divisional Classification List.

***Note the teams listed in the attachments submitted online registrations for 2013-2014. In
order for teams to compete in KYMSFA events teams must be in good standing.
Good Standing Requirements are (Online Registration, Membership dues paid,
Verified Roster Submitted, Team Picture & Logo Submitted, Win Loss Form
submitted for state playoffs, and compliance with 2013 rules)

More information will come in the next week regarding the state playoffs and how to submit your win loss forms for those.

If you can not view the attachments please seek out a BGR Mod or Admin, I have no control over that, thanks.

Thank you. Is there a list worked up yet that shows what teams are in which region? Specifically D-1. If not, do you know about when that would be available?
Great job by you guys...Awesome!
So regions won't be announced until the last game of the season? A lot of Eastern Ky teams n d3. Great Job. Go Cougars!
Wildcat18 Wrote:Thank you. Is there a list worked up yet that shows what teams are in which region? Specifically D-1. If not, do you know about when that would be available?

Regions will not come out until the brackets do.

As has been stated previously, during the Annual Meeting it was voted that the playoff committee could move a few of the teams on the regional border lines, to one or the other to help balance out the brackets. Until the win loss forms are in, and we know for sure who is participating, we do not want to post a regional list and then have to move a team after the fact.

Make sense?
True! Playoff time can't come soon enough. Letcher still has to play in the County Championship!
Thanks for the info. Can't wait for playoffs!
....thought this was for basketball, edited my post.
What about 7 th grade teams
Let the games begin... Can't wait.
How many 7th grade teams ?
New Harlan in D3??
First let me say I appreciate everything the KYMSFA has done and does every season. My two questions are with so few D2 teams why not make the numbers to include the bottom of the D1 teams? I know there are D1 teams that are only 10-20 kids over the D2 requirements, yet the are well under the numbers for other D1 schools. And my other question might be towards a mistake in making the list. How is New Harlan considered D3? They pull from multiple schools and are a 5A feeder. In the past they have been D1.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:First let me say I appreciate everything the KYMSFA has done and does every season. My two questions are with so few D2 teams why not make the numbers to include the bottom of the D1 teams? I know there are D1 teams that are only 10-20 kids over the D2 requirements, yet the are well under the numbers for other D1 schools. And my other question might be towards a mistake in making the list. How is New Harlan considered D3? They pull from multiple schools and are a 5A feeder. In the past they have been D1.

I agree, I saw their 6th grade play a couple of years ago and they brought 2 buses and dressed around 50 kids for one grade.

Louisa which is Lawrence County also has 3 separate feeder schools, they are also listed in Div 3. They were listed as D1 or D2 last year also.

I love the great effort of the KYMSFA and the ability of having a state playoff system. The crew works hard and and has continued to do so. Dont get me wrong, I am a KYMSFA supporter, but this is one issue that needs to be looked at closer.
Should switch Martin county with new Harlan . Martin only has about 15 kids on there team . New Harlan is bigger than belfry and jcms .
New Harlan has 3 diff grade school teams so if this is only one I guess they r a d3 team I thought they put theam all together but they don't until they r freshmen
eagles2011 Wrote:New Harlan has 3 diff grade school teams so if this is only one I guess they r a d3 team I thought they put theam all together but they don't until they r freshmen

They are a good team. They might be able to make a run at a D3 title.
That's true about new harlan if we put all three middle schools together we would more likely be a d1. New harlan is just one of three middle schools that feed the harlan county high school. The middle schools only combine in high school right now.
Also if you look at the list the other two are on there evarts and cumberland in d3 New harlan, evarts, and cumberland are the feeders for harlan county high school.
Thank you for posting plantmanky.
New Harlan consists of kids from several different elementary schools. Enrollments have to be counted for every school that has 1 player participating from that school unless it is a middle school which New Harlan is not. It is an all-star team made up from schools that do not have football. Cawood elem, James a. Cawood (THEY'RE TWO DIFFERENT SCHOOLS, RIGHT?) Ross Point, Green Hills, and Wallins. Thats five elementary schools and they're still D3??
An all star team it is not that is funny! Why are u so scared of new harlan? They are an average football team. Don't see what's so scary about new harlan.
go check their numbers those schools are all really small. Evarts and Cumberland are bigger than all of those. New Harlan is a very solid team every year but I would not call them an allstar team. No where near as talented as the pulaskis have been last few years or belfry. I'm pretty sure they have lost a few games this year. When you have to pull kids from various elementaries it means parents have to transport and that knocks out a ton of kids.
Judgiing by the D3 schools and assuming that all are compliant according to the list. Dividing the two sides into East and West:

the east side should look like this based upon travel: Pikeville, Paintsville, Cumberland, Evarts, New Harlan, Harlan Ind. Middlesboro, Hazard, Letcher Co, Mountain View, Raceland, Williamsburg, Owen Co., Berea, and LCA

The West Side should have: Meece, Monroe, Campbellsville, Adams, Mayfield, Edmondson, Cadwell Co, C.H. Louisville, Heath, Louisa, Old Kentucky Home, Owensboro Catholic, Frankfort, Paris, Meece
Adams is the only one I had a question about: I used 1-75 to determine East and West. The teams that fell on the line were Williamsburg, Berea, LCA, and possibly Adams. It looks like if the brackets turn out this way there will be some great match ups!
Louisa, I thought that was out west too; my bad, if not! Also, if Louisa gets moved to D2 and New Harlan to D2, then each side would lose one team.
If Lousia does not move up to D2 then, move LCA to the West and keep Lousia to the east, just some thoughts. What do you think?
What regions play each other this year? If they rotate it looks like 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 this year.
Louisa is in lawrence County which is toward Pikeville and Paintsville. They are on route 23 heading south. So they are definitely EAST.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5