Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley County 18 New Harlan 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New harlan 16 vs Whitley county 18 8th grade , also new harlan 5th and 6th grade played Whitley county 7th grade , new harlan 8 vs Whitley county 20, for a 5 and 6th grade team new harlan played well future looks good.
Do the Harlan County elementary schools go from k-8th grade?
Its been so long, i cant remember. Is there a middle school in harlan county or is it something that will eventually be built?
We have 3 different teams in harlan county new harlan, Evarts, and cumberland each has a 5 and 6th and 7 8th grade team. The county has been talking about making one 6th, 7th, and 8th grade team if they do that we should be one of the top middle school football programs in the state. Right now the three only combine in high school which make the harlan county black bears which is one of the best teams in the state year in year out.
Wouldnt it be smarter to have one a 5th/6th grade team and then have a 7th grade team along with an 8th grade team? That is the way almost all others aroujnd here do it.
I agree it is smarter maybe they will do it in the near future. I know they are talking about it.
New Harlan is running more of a spread look this year, really surprised that Larkey will even allow this given his nature and his offensive philosophy lol
Lol I know!! I think he should take a look at new harlan and pick up a couple of plays from coach wood at least the other teams could not put 10in the box against the run.
Sounds like a great game
Have not seen New Harlan play....any good?
New harlan is 7-2 this year only loses coming to Whitley county and Knox central. All the d3 teams they have played they have blown out. I think they could make a good run in the d3 state playoffs.
How is New Harlan D3? What are their numbers?
I think Harlan has the right idea with 3 teams. This keeps more kids playing. Better than eliminating kids in middle school. Might not win as many games in middle school but much better for the football program as a whole.