Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Carter vs Boyd Co
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8th Grade

East Carter 44

Boyd Co 0

7th grade

East Carter 6

Boyd Co 14
West Carter 24
Greenup 14
8th grade game?
Yes. West plays 7 and 8 combined.
Do u know who won between Greenup and Lawrence co. ?
Not 100% but I think Lawrence won
Great win over Greenup we play them next week again
Yes West played a great game.
If you are correct, Lawrence is holding the no. 2 spot in the east division ?
Yes we lost to Lawrence. The boys are a better team than they showed. This one can be chalked up to coaching. It was probably even pretty obvious to lawrence county! When you have an almost 6'3 player than gets into the endzone wide open 3 or 4 times and cant get a ball passed to him, something is wrong. Nothing meant to take anything away from lawrence.
Just to confirm.......what was the score of the 7th grade GC vs Lawrence game?
Anyone know for sure what the 8th grade EKC conference playoff looks like for sure?
I'm guessing here but from what I see it looks like this:

East Division:
1) East Carter
2) Louisa

West Division:
1)Fleming (Simons)
2)Rowan Co.

I have no idea about the 7th grade but Greenup, Boyd, Verity, and Louisa have all looked good in the East side. Bath looked good on the West side?
RaiderFan7th Wrote:Anyone know for sure what the 8th grade EKC conference playoff looks like for sure?
I'm guessing here but from what I see it looks like this:

East Division:
1) East Carter
2) Louisa

West Division:
1)Fleming (Simons)
2)Rowan Co.

I have no idea about the 7th grade but Greenup, Boyd, Verity, and Louisa have all looked good in the East side. Bath looked good on the West side?

From what I know:

East Division
-Greenup, Verity, and either Louisa or Boyd are tied at 4-1. 2 of those 4 will play in a semifinal.

West Division
1) Bath Co
2) Rowan Co
When will the conference semi's and championship games be played ?
From what I understand the schedule is

Semifinals Tue 10/1 (W2 @ E1, E2 @W1)
Championship Tue 10/8 (location TBD, maybe at KCU?)

For 7th if Verity beats East Carter Tue 9/24 and Boyd beats Lawrence (big ifs) there'd be a three-way tie for first among Greenup, Boyd, and Verity. Greenup is already done with regular season. (Greenup lost only to Boyd, Boyd lost only to Verity, and Verity lost only to Greenup). Was told in that case Greenup would be the one seed in that case because of Points Allowed as tiebreaker. Not sure if #2 would be from head-to-head result or Points Allowed.
Of course if Boyd wins & Verity loses, Boyd is #2. Verity wins and Boyd loses, Verity is #2. If they both lose it's no longer be a three-way tie so Verity would be #2 since they beat Boyd head-to-head.
Any word on the Boyd game? If I read this right since Verity has lost wouldn't Greenup and Boyd be tied if they win? And Boyd beat Greenup correct? Then Boyd would be the one?
I believe greenup 7th is the number #1 seed. They play Rowan County at home on Wed.
greenup Wrote:I believe greenup 7th is the number #1 seed. They play Rowan County at home on Wed.

Bath Co is the other #1 and will host Verity.
How good is this Verity 7th grade team? Do you guys think they'll continue that success? Ashlands middle school program has been awful the past three years, are there any reasons or just a shift in talent?
Club17 Wrote:How good is this Verity 7th grade team? Do you guys think they'll continue that success? Ashlands middle school program has been awful the past three years, are there any reasons or just a shift in talent?
They had a pretty good year and I know 2-3 kids with ability who didn't come out this year that (say they) are playing next year. I think some of it's been just a shift in talent and a lack of depth. Ashland surpasses most of them once they move up to HS.

Ashland will move their 6th graders to Verity in the next 1-2 years (for real this time, renovations and building are ongoing). I assume 6th will play with 7th once that happens, and it'll feed from there. Verity didn't have any held-back 1 or 2 year kids on either of their teams either. The KHSAA might level that field next year.