Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best eighth grade running backs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who's the big time running backs in south central kentucky?
Saul Brady #24 out of Franklin-Simpson shows great talent. Also running a 4.4 in his 40 says a lot.
4.4 8th grader? No way
McCreary middle Brandon troxell.
Yes sir Mr. Slate. He was also awarded the fastest 40 yard at the 7th grade East vs West all-star combine last year. First game of the season against south warren in bowling green ky. In seven carries Brady went 200+ yards for three touchdowns.
ive never seen a state that has so many kids, even in jr high, that are studs and can post 4.2s, 4.3s, 4.4 fourty times but never have any go on to play d1 ball. D1 is full of kids from other states that have kys kids speed.:hilarious:
I've never seen a 4.4 in ky middle schoole football, and I have watched a lot of games.
MR. Slate Wrote:I've never seen a 4.4 in ky middle schoole football, and I have watched a lot of games.

If these kids were as fast as these posters say, coaches for football and track would be flocking here.

:please:
Walton Verona middle school is loaded at the running back position
Covington catholic also has a very solid running back
He isn't an 8th grader, but he plays like one. Number 3 from Whitley. Averaging 4 touchdowns and about 150-200 yards a game in 7th grade and the games he played in 8th grade, he still played above others running 125 yards and a touchdown in a half. Someone to watch out for looks like. He can play. In the 7th grade games he has yet to meet a team to stop him. He is just a very good athlete.
Should probably just make the title of these threads "Lets talk about my player".
MR. Slate Wrote:4.4 8th grader? No way

i am with u,maybe 4.4 in the 25 yd dash,lol
Naw really I coached a kid in Jamaica than ran a4.3 forty as an eighth grader I believe his last name was Bolt
My son played against a kid with less than 4.4 speed in the all american game, speed didnt help when he couldnt get outside of us. only managed 21 yards against us. All the speed in the world cant help a running back without a line. Thats why i think Varney from Belfry will end up turning heads this season. He is quick on the 40 but he can move side to side without slowing down. Plus he has a good line to make some holes for him.
If you need to look the kid up his name is Dylan Moses, being recruiting by LSU, Bama, Notre Dame and several others all ready.
I thought this thread was about ky kids, who cares about a kid in louisiana
No such thing as a 4.4 forty in middle school....if it is, it's hand timed - my hand timed forty is 3.9.....the only legit forty time is computer timed. Quinton Baker ran a 4.38 on computer, so that gives a little perspective.
We have two kids at Belfry running 4.1's and a third running a 3.9 ... our backups are coming around a 4.5 ... I know they're slow but they're the power backs......

Threads like these are asking for exaggerations & parents to brag on their own kids.
Saul is my kid. He doesn't run a 4.4. He runs a 5.1 or a 5.3 or something like that. Without a good line it won't matter how fast he is. He did win the fastest 40 at the combines last year, but he's not about himself. He and his twin were brought up to be team players. Individuals don't win championships, but good teams do. I appreciate the confidence that kyfootball23 has in our boys at FS and the love he shows, but the info. he received wasn't fully correct.
4.1's and a 3.9 are virtually physiologically impossible at 12-14 years of age. Sorry Belfry0304.
Wisbey Wrote:Walton Verona middle school is loaded at the running back position

so is owen we got 3 good running back our best one is number 22 he play WR and a little HB 6'4 240 monster of a kid
Walton is la very good program wont surpised me if they win the middle school playoff this year
Not taking anything away from Walton but until they play South, North, Knox, or last but not least Johnson Central . Dont put the cart before the horse because all that will do is put a big target on their backs that they will find out will not do them any favors
BIG RN Wrote:Not taking anything away from Walton but until they play South, North, Knox, or last but not least Johnson Central . Dont put the cart before the horse because all that will do is put a big target on their backs that they will find out will not do them any favors

Your probably correct. Good thing those walton boys know a little about wrestling.
Varney from Belfry is not my son nor is he family. Think you can ask some of the teams we played in the state tournament last year about him. He was one of the stable full of running backs last year that ran wild all over every team we played. Came up with a huge interception that he returned 46 yards for the score against CAL last year in the title game. Finally got to see the middle school play and got to say he is just as impressive on the defensive side of the ball this year. He will knock your head off when he hits you. Think they are 4-0 or 5-0 right now and only allowed one score so far. So watch out state they're back. Really impressed with there entire team this year but Varney is their leader on both sides of the ball.
It was said that no kid in 8th grade could run a 4.4 40. Figured i would show you a kid that could.
proud44pirate Wrote:My son played against a kid with less than 4.4 speed in the all american game, speed didnt help when he couldnt get outside of us. only managed 21 yards against us. All the speed in the world cant help a running back without a line. Thats why i think Varney from Belfry will end up turning heads this season. He is quick on the 40 but he can move side to side without slowing down. Plus he has a good line to make some holes for him.

I know I'm off topic with everyone else. But Collin Miller, last season (freshman this year) ran a 4.67 last year. He, as well as all the other kids that made the national team were NOT allowed to participate in the East/West combine. Collin plays for Casey County and broke the 100 meter track record for Casey last year, as an 8th grader (the high-school record). Anyways, not that speed is the end all be all, but just wanted to post that little info just cause we were pretty upset he didn't get a chance to shatter the record for that East/West combine which was only like a 5.2 or something, as of last year. Collin played tailback and wide receiver for the national team, a huge honor.
Let me get back on to the real topic and not bragging on my own players (at least at first). The best 8th grade back I've saw is probably the kid from Wayne county. They have 2 good ones, but the shorter, stockier kid is really nice. Mcreary had a very good back but he transferred I think. Maybe the best of the bunch is the kid from Campbellsville (that we've played), don't know his name either but I'm sure a Campbellsville coach would give someone a name. A kid that starts on 8th, but is in 7th is the running back for Meece. That kid has speed and explosive power and is a big back. I'd say one day he'll top out at 225 to 230 and run a solid 4.8, 40 time in high-school. I'd take the Meece kid over any we've played, then maybe the Wayne kid for a total package back, and the Campbellsville kid for pure speed. Larue had some really solid kids as well, good backs. So basically I've not even given a name, therefore as useless as ever, lol. But those are the tops I've seen so far, in season.
docakers Wrote:4.1's and a 3.9 are virtually physiologically impossible at 12-14 years of age. Sorry Belfry0304.

You are too stupid to insult.
Pages: 1 2