Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley co @ Northern pulaski 9/5/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any thoughts
Idk much on Whitley but Northern Pulaski is a very good team
How much better are they than last year..
I know nothing about Whitley, but this North Pulaski is the real deal. They destroyed a very good Bowling Green team and man handled a very good Glasgow team. They are men among boys. Period!!! They have a couple of lineMEN that are bigger than most Jr. high lines. #23 is very athletic and smart player too.
Well from what i remember we beat them by 2 or 3 tds their 7th grade anyway. dont remember about the 8th...
I'm not from North Pulaski. I'm just stating the facts. These guys looked good in Bowling Green. I'm not saying anything negative about Whitley. I just like to watch good football, and this team is good.I'm glad we don't have to play them.
wasnt saying nothing negetive but we got alot of talent we lost in a nailbiter last year to johnson central in the 3rd rounds of the playoffs last year
Hopefully it will be a fun safe game for both.

I'll be at the Franklin Simpson vs. Russellville game. Does anyone know anything about Russellville?
Northern Pulaski is a good team, but without #23 Glasgow was not very good and bowling green tends to rule the west but doesn't have much succes with eastern teams. This game will set the bar of how good Northern really is. A very solid Whitley team.
Both teams play hard nosed football, good luck to both of them. This game will be a battle! Let both teams play injury free.
colonelking69 Wrote:Well from what i remember we beat them by 2 or 3 tds their 7th grade anyway. dont remember about the 8th...

Looked like Northern remembered it as well. The more you smack talk, the worse it usually is. Just a heads up for you some of you folks who like to get vocal on message boards.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Northern Pulaski is a good team, but without #23 Glasgow was not very good and bowling green tends to rule the west but doesn't have much succes with eastern teams. This game will set the bar of how good Northern really is. A very solid Whitley team.

D+ game by Northern last night beat Whitley's 8th. You probably saw about a C game against Glasgow. I would concentrate on the strength of your own schedule opposed to downplaying everyone else's. September 17th can't come soon enough.
Ha, eager to use my comment for lockerroom material. Looks like you set the bar, and my Cards will have to be ready for a battle.
I'm not hating, you all have a nice team. Just think it's good for you to know where you stand before the trash talk starts. A 7th grade final 4 does not always translate to the 8th grade level. Hence our 6-7 touchdown turnaround in one year against Whitley. It's a lot more difficult in 8th. Although, D-2 is definitely not as difficult as D-1.
Looked at my comment I wasn't hating either and not even trash talking. I was very accurate. I'm sure your coaching staff was eager to see how your match-up with whitley turned out, and I'm sure they are pleased. I would be.
Northern had a good team much improved than last year . But then again when you hold back almost your whole football team you should be better than everybody else.. Good thing this is the last year a kid can stay back and play without sitting a year..
What's the difference if a kid is held back in elementary school or middle school? Still being held back.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Looked at my comment I wasn't hating either and not even trash talking. I was very accurate. I'm sure your coaching staff was eager to see how your match-up with whitley turned out, and I'm sure they are pleased. I would be.

You were attempting to downplay our schedule into leading others to believe we hadn't played anyone. We have played 2 former KMSFA state champions and 2 former state runner-up teams. In reality, I would say that at least 5 out of the 6 teams we've played would have beaten WC. We will have played the toughest schedule in the state at seasons end. You can hang your hat on the 7-on-7 game at UK. Ask Lexington Catholic how it turned out when they did that same thing two years ago.
PETE THE GURU Wrote:Northern had a good team much improved than last year . But then again when you hold back almost your whole football team you should be better than everybody else.. Good thing this is the last year a kid can stay back and play without sitting a year..

Everyone does it believe it or not, whether it be in elementary school or middle school. The elite teams now, will still be the elite teams five years down the road. That's just an excuse. It's about age, not grade. The team that works harder than everyone else will win the game 9 times out of 10 at the middle school level. Get better or keep making excuses, it's up to you.
Holdbacks are just an excuse till high school then all the mass holdbacks dont matter hormones and hard work take over.1a Mayfield Chmp-Fairview R-up, 3a Central Chmp Belfry R-up, 4a HighlandsChmp Collins R-up, 6aTrinity Chmp Prp R-up,5a Bowling Green Chmp Copper R-up, 2a Newport Central Chmp Caldwell R-up. 1 TRUE holdback state Finalist 11 nonholdback areas have Finalist. Holdbacks are just an excuse Till IT MATTERS#TRUTH
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm not hating, you all have a nice team. Just think it's good for you to know where you stand before the trash talk starts. A 7th grade final 4 does not always translate to the 8th grade level. Hence our 6-7 touchdown turnaround in one year against Whitley. It's a lot more difficult in 8th. Although, D-2 is definitely not as difficult as D-1.

Confusednicker:

Might as well call Northern a frosh team
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker:

Might as well call Northern a frosh team

LOL, PC's freshman team is also a varsity and our varsity is actually a college team. Heck, our youth leaguers play an 8th grade schedule. Come on over and check it out. It's a sight to see! :popcorn:
Actually, only a few players are different from last years 7th grade team to this years 8th..

Another thing, Northern Pulaski has just recently started holding back. In fact that group is going through high school now. I'm willing to bet that the winning will continue as the group goes through.. Take a look at the high school now, it has translated quite well..

To sum it up, if you're winning there's nothing wrong with anything, the second you begin to lose someone is doing something wrong and an excuse is normally made.
If the kid is 15 after Aug 1st he is eligible this the only rule there is PERIOD!!!! These people that get on here and cry about hold backs kill me. These kids play with in the rules so get over it. This has been going on for years and will continue going on. If you think the KHSAA getting involve will change anything. Come on down to Barbourville and let me sell you some ocean front property that I live on.
Norths been doing it for 4 yrs should equal HS STATE TITLE but not yet or at least a finalist . Once Hormones hit the younger guys game over #LEVELPLAYINGFIELD
BIG RN Wrote:Norths been doing it for 4 yrs should equal HS STATE TITLE but not yet or at least a finalist . Once Hormones hit the younger guys game over #LEVELPLAYINGFIELD

I do not even know what school North even feeds, But from past experience coaching has more to do with who wins in middle school sports.
insideinfo Wrote:I do not even know what school North even feeds, But from past experience coaching has more to do with who wins in middle school sports.

Seriously, 90% of games are won by the team with the best players. Sometimes 1 player in middle school can be worth 50 points. There are very very very very few times teams could switch coaches and it make a difference. If it does it's usually because 1 coach is really bad!:argue:
insideinfo Wrote:I do not even know what school North even feeds, But from past experience coaching has more to do with who wins in middle school sports.

I think it goes...

North- Pulaksi County County High School
Southern- Southwestern High School
Meece- Somerset High School

Some of those young guys are making a good team for PC this year.
Theyve grown up.
footballfever Wrote:Seriously, 90% of games are won by the team with the best players. Sometimes 1 player in middle school can be worth 50 points. There are very very very very few times teams could switch coaches and it make a difference. If it does it's usually because 1 coach is really bad!:argue:

I will take the best coach every time and we will win a whole lot more than we will lose.
Wayne County 8th is far from perfect, but that little 7th grade semi finalist and passing league win, must've motivated the Cards!
8th Grade Final
Wayne County 32
Northern 30 (3OT)
Glad we are Division 2 and proud of the Cardinals!
Pages: 1 2