Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th graders playing Freshman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just curious how many teams out there have 8th graders playing on their freshman team?
Southern Pulaski have a couple that where ask to play up,but did not. They wanted to remain with their 8th grade team mates and try to wrestle the D-1 championship away from Johnson CO..A lot of work to do before that though.
watch out. i dont think that it is legal to play up on the high school football team. any contact sport only 4 years of eligablity to my knowledge. Rules are totally different for non contact sports like basketball.
Not varsity,if just freshmen ball we were told was alright?
It is OKAY for an eighth grade player to play freshmen ball.

He just cannot dress varsity. Once you dress varsity, your clock starts ticking.
That was what the coaches had told us, but it is a mute point any way. They chose 8th grade any way.
There is a few schools in south central ky that have some big eighth graders playing high school ball
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It is OKAY for an eighth grade player to play freshmen ball.

He just cannot dress varsity. Once you dress varsity, your clock starts ticking.

Bylaw 4-13 not in football, soccer , or wrestling....not allowed freshman.JV, or varsity play.
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Bylaw 4-13 not in football, soccer , or wrestling....not allowed freshman.JV, or varsity play.

Varsity Wrestling is 7-12 grade.
plantmanky Wrote:Varsity Wrestling is 7-12 grade.

football is not
jmhsrv1970 Wrote:Bylaw 4-13 not in football, soccer , or wrestling....not allowed freshman.JV, or varsity play.

Need to continue reading. 7 and 8th grade can play non varsity as long as no one above 10th grade is on the field. 7,8,9 and tenth grade can compete against in football
caseyreb Wrote:Need to continue reading. 7 and 8th grade can play non varsity as long as no one above 10th grade is on the field. 7,8,9 and tenth grade can compete against in football

you are correct......my apologies