Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scores from 8/10/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post some scores from this week and today.
Westport 34 Bell co. 22
8th Grade
Anderson County 22, Union Raiders 14. it may be a long year for the Raiders.
Nice job pulling it out in the final minute to take lead and win Mustangs. You're a good team.
I thought they had a pretty good 7th grade team last year. What happened?
we did last year. I think it will work itself out but we have a QB who has never taken a "game" snap until today. He was a wide out last year. injuries have kept a couple of kids out until this week, we should get better each week.
Anderson looked really good.
Somerset (Meece) 38
Monroe Co. 24
Northern Pulaski 36
Bluegrass Middle 12
Is Somerset that good or is Monroe lacking this year?
I think Monroe is lacking. Cause when we saw Meece at UK passing camp. They were lacking some stuff. But not downing the team. They are going to be good this year. No doubt.
I think that we have a great team but this was only our 1st game. Monroe seemed to have a very solid team and let 6-0 at the half. They had us probably -30 yards for the 1st half. Our boys regrouped and started to play Somerset football. Both teams were solid and learned from this hard fought game.
Monroe had 2 of their 3 best players ejected. Small schools struggle when that happens.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Monroe had 2 of their 3 best players ejected. Small schools struggle when that happens.

Both teams were hurt by ejections. Meece lost our best LB and fullback in the 1st ejection and Monroe lost from what I observed as a stud tailback and good defender. Even trade. 2nd ejections didn't appear to be significant loss for either team. Meece is a smaller school than Monroe ie...2A compared to 3A. Monroe had no answer for Meece in the 2nd half after we settled down. Both teams are very talented for small schools and will be a tough outing for anyone. Good luck the rest of the year. :Thumbs:
Letcher Central 36
Evarts 18
Both Monroe and meece a d3. What they are in hs classification is irrelevant. We play bothe teams and enjoy the competition. I hope it was just touchy refs.
Wayne 34. Casey 0
Cardfan1 Wrote:I hope it was just touchy refs.

The two players from each team that were ejection earned it. I think the refs did a decent job controlling the game, at least after the first two were ejected in the first half. As for the statement about being a small school I understand what you were saying, however Meece is still a smaller school than Monroe. If Monroe is 3A in HS that is generally relevant to the size of the middle school, unless they have two middle schools.
Is Wayne that good or is Casey county down? Also the same ? about Evarts?
Jacketpride Wrote:Is Wayne that good or is Casey county down? Also the same ? about Evarts?

Evarts was huge. Had a running back that was a man. LCC had too many athletes with too much speed. Better be able to stop the run if u play Evarts.
Elkhorn Middle beat Shelby
A Team 34-6
B Team 42-0 (running clock)
Doctor J Wrote:Letcher Central 36
Evarts 18

How did they look? Who stood out as a leader? Was this scrimage or first game?
cougarpride08 Wrote:How did they look? Who stood out as a leader? Was this scrimage or first game?

First Game. Looked good. Speed all over the place. The QB #14 was a stud on offense. All the backs played really well. Will be hard for a team to focus on one player. Defensively they fly to the ball. #47 played big on D. They will be hard to handle by the end of the year. They play Shelby Valley Saturday.
Rover what Shelby did Elkhorn scrimmage??