Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Co. VS Southern Pulaski in Cundiff Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got word defending 7th grade state champ Johnson Co., will be coming to Somerset next Saturday to take on the Warriors in the Dan Cundiff Bowl. The Warriors were to take on New Harlan but they have pulled out. This should be a Stiff test for both teams. The Warriors lost to JC in the playoffs last year taking their only loss of the season. This has the making of a great early season game.
Good luck to both teams only make both better . Don't tell me u got the same problems the eagles got about teams not wanting to play u all : maybe u all can come to Johnson county before the years out and play us a 7 and 8 grade game .
eagles2011 Wrote:Good luck to both teams only make both better . Don't tell me u got the same problems the eagles got about teams not wanting to play u all : maybe u all can come to Johnson county before the years out and play us a 7 and 8 grade game .
Third team this season to drop off our schedule.
They should start makeing teams pay like high school when they drop out of a contract . Or maybe next year when khsaa takes over they put all of us in distract . These team have play or not be able to play for state title games.
Whatever happened to honoring your word? If you agreed to play someone then you should play...never know you could pull upset.

Best of luck to both South and Johnson, this should be a nice one.
This should be a good match up. Keep us updated on where they will play and the time GRANDPA. I think next Saturday is open for me.
I believe it'll be a great game also, but we have a big contest with Wayne Co. Tuesday.Hopefully no one is looking past this very good team,They have a returning playoff tested team,big, fast and hard hitting.Their Qb. throws a real nice ball,and their backs are hard to get to the ground. It will be a huge challenge to any team,plus they play a game before we do to work out any kinks.
For the record, as it relates to KMSFA teams canceling games, if a coach feels there was a cancellation of a scheduled game that is questionable, they are allowed within the KMSFA rules to appeal it to the playoff coordinator. If the result is upheld, a forfeit penalty is assigned to the offending team and the team who filed is awarded playoff points as per the playoff rules.

All of this is in the KMSFA playoff power point presentation. If you have any questions, head coaches can email Playoff/Championship coordinator Jeff Mann at [email]jmann@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]
Football AD Engle,(weird looking isn't it, instead of coach)is working the phones trying to line up a 10th game that will work for all sides. Trying to work a game into set schedules,finding open dates and moving games around this late is a pain I'm sure.
Any word on the game
40 to 14 first half Johnson county leads
46 to 22 eagles win both 7 and 8 grade games
Congrats Johnson county...you've done something no one in 2 years has been able too.
Johnson is real deal
8th grade went how I felt it would. SMS 8th lost five of there better starters from last years 7th grade team. Two decided to stick with basketball only and the other three has transferred into the Somerset school district. It would've been a much better game with those five in the lineup. But you play with what you got and Southern shouldn't hang their heads, regroup, practice and get better.
No excuses from this Warrior, we had chances to make it closer but the best team won going way. Still proud of our guys for battling a bigger and sometimes faster bunch. We now know what we need to work on and have no time to hang our heads.We take on the Red Hounds of Corbin Tuesday night in Corbin. This has been a hard lesson for our Coaches and Players alike.We must get better on defense, can not take on these strong backs up around the shoulders,we must get them around the legs and waist to stop them.Too many missed tackles...Coaches and Players need to look within them selves and find that Warrior pride. It is a long season,many more games to play.Maybe if things workout we will meet Johnson Co. again in the playoffs,to be the best you have to BEAT the Best.
I wish u all could make a trip up to Johnson county this year and play us another game . Best luck to both teams .
eagles2011 Wrote:I wish u all could make a trip up to Johnson county this year and play us another game . Best luck to both teams .
Got a lot of work to do before we are ready to take you on again.Hope you have a great,injury free year.Maybe after we gel a little, we will meet up again in another classic playoff game(different off come)hopefully.
Impressive win
Central has good RB's and a QB that can run. Like see what a passing team would do to them something they need to approve on is pass coverage
Congrats Johnson County!