Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg 30 McCreary 18 scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game both teams have a lot of talent. Early in the game Williamsburg had no answer for the McCreary running game and trailed 18-6 at the half,after a last play looked like a TD by Williamsburg's qb Camron Sizemore was ruled no good. The second half was all Williamsburg as they out scored McCreary 24-0. Both teams played physical and some hard hits were made. The difference in the game may have came in the 1st half when Troxell was injured trying to tackle Sizemore in a collision that sounded like a car crash. Williamsburg made adjustments on their run defense in the second half. McCreary had no answer for the balanced offensive attack by Williamsburg in the second half.
I heard Darrell White had a good run too
I Heard Darrell White had a good run and a good hit for QB Camron Sizemore
Real good game to watch. Best luck to Williamsburg's upcoming season.
Heard both teams looked more like Jv teams than middle school teams...bright future for both programs!
I think both teams came away from this scrimmage with a lot of valuable information about their team. Both will be better because they got to play against a good Team. I got to wonder what the out come would have been if Troxell don't get hurt, since it was 12-0 when he went out. This kid is a game changer. Good luck to W'burg on the rest of the season. Let it be known McCreary will be a hard win for anyone on their schedule.
I'm looking forward for my Briar Jumpers visiting McCreary this tuesday. I expect it to be a great game and atmosphere for a middle school game. I've heard for a while that McCreary has had this game circled on the schedule. I hope that Troxell will be available and healthy for the game. :Thumbs:
jumper1 Wrote:I'm looking forward for my Briar Jumpers visiting McCreary this tuesday. I expect it to be a great game and atmosphere for a middle school game. I've heard for a while that McCreary has had this game circled on the schedule. I hope that Troxell will be available and healthy for the game. :Thumbs:

I'm sure McCreary has had that date circled on Schedule, it's the first game of the season. Pro. a little more than that it will be a good measuring stick for the Young Raiders. This should be a good Game.Confusedinglepar
Williamsburg had the more physical team and they were in way better shape. McCreary had the best team Ive seen. After the QB from williamsburg ran over number 4 on a keeper that changed the game. 4 went out of the game and williamsburg kept delivering big hits all game to McCreary. Williamsburg should have won 38-18 but the refs said one TD was no good even no the ball was a good foot over the line. Williamsburg defiantly the better team. McCreary has nothing to hold their heads low because they are a very good team that will win alot this year.
Jacketpride Wrote:Williamsburg had the more physical team and they were in way better shape. McCreary had the best team Ive seen. After the QB from williamsburg ran over number 4 on a keeper that changed the game. 4 went out of the game and williamsburg kept delivering big hits all game to McCreary. Williamsburg should have won 38-18 but the refs said one TD was no good even no the ball was a good foot over the line. Williamsburg defiantly the better team. McCreary has nothing to hold their heads low because they are a very good team that will win alot this year.

I agree with a lot of what you have said and disagree with some. That is why this is a opinion board. The final score said WB 30 McCreary 18. You Won. I don't think WB was the more physical Team. The QB is a Great Middle School QB, Just like Troxell is a Great Middle School RB. The Score was 12-0 when Troxell got hurt and it was an ankle sprain not the fact that He and Sizemore had a huge collision. Had Sizemore been the one leave the game McCreary could have named the score. Yes, McCreary was not in as good shape as the Burg, but that will come. Good Luck the rest of the season. I think both schools will have good years.
Like I said before the Scrimmage. It's only practice.
I agree about both teams should have great seasons in fact I doubt we will see another team as good in tell late in the season if we are lucky enough to get there. But 4 was fine in tell the hit ... Also I don't remember any williamsburg plays laying on the field I remember 3 big hits and they all came from WB ... But McCreary is a big and physical team ... Glade we got to scrimmage a good team like that I'm sure it helped both teams... I'm happy to hear it was only a sprain on number 4 great player.
Troxell #4 wasn't so called "ran over" it was a hard hit took both players down. Troxell planted in the ground wrong turned his ankle, came back into the game early in the 4th, two plays later as he returned it poped and he injured it worse. McCreary should've won the game with 4 TDS being brought back.
First off 1 TD got called back not 4 and second WB scored right before the half clear as day and they didn't count it.Troxell got ran over. If I have to find the film and post it I will. Sizemore went straight over him it wasn't a stale mate or even close. McCreary if they played again probably would be lucky to play with in 21 with Troxell.l They are a good team but the only 3 times they scored was because of busted plays. They never put a drive together and marched down field. After adjustments at half time they barely could move the ball. Not downing MC but those are facts. We wish them the best of luck I hope you all kill Somerset!
I agree Williamsburg was the more physical team and that showed in the 2nd half when they simply dominated. The Troxell kid may have made it a little more competitive, but by no means would he have changed the outcome. It should be noted that Williamsburg had their hardest hitting linebacker on the sidelines in a cast and their biggest and strongest lineman is out as well. Injuries are part of the game.
Jacketpride Wrote:We wish them the best of luck I hope you all kill Somerset!

Sorry, it's not going to happen. :biglmao:
It was a great game. Both teams fought hard. WBurg really struggled at the beginning with some busted plays. Wasn't sure if they were going to be able to come back from that. But they played physical and never gave up and it payed off against a really good MC team. Hope Brandon's okay, great player. Couldn't tell you how many times I've played against him in different sports
jumper1 Wrote:Sorry, it's not going to happen. :biglmao:

This should be a Great Middle School Football Game!!!
Newjacket Wrote:I agree Williamsburg was the more physical team and that showed in the 2nd half when they simply dominated. The Troxell kid may have made it a little more competitive, but by no means would he have changed the outcome. It should be noted that Williamsburg had their hardest hitting linebacker on the sidelines in a cast and their biggest and strongest lineman is out as well. Injuries are part of the game.

A little more competitive, A little more competitive, A LITTLE MORE COMPETIITIVE!!!!!!!! Come on now----12-0 when he goes out, Get Real. Good Luck!!!!! The Sizemore kid is for Real!!!!
:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
Cellking Wrote:This should be a Great Middle School Football Game!!!

Cellking, I agree this will be a tough game for both teams, win or lose. I was just playing with the statement that he hopes McCreary kills Somerset.
jumper1 Wrote:Cellking, I agree this will be a tough game for both teams, win or lose. I was just playing with the statement that he hopes McCreary kills Somerset.

Oh, I know that-- W'burg is a fine Team, just don't like it when game is over people try to rub in beating you. It's OK the scrimmage was just practice. I know deep down they know they were in for a hard game and if they played again it would be a tough game, Looking fwd to Jumpers coming to town!!!!
How about Somerset vs. Monroe County @ Campbellsville University tonite? Who wins?
I thought the game was a great learning opportunity for both teams...I've always said no one man alone can beat a team...Mccreary had probably the best athlete on the field. Jackets are a better team and more versatile! Williamsburg has more room for growth. WMS has a good running game and a Qb that is dual threat...for the opposing team it's almost better to hope he throws it or suffer the consequence...When Sizemore gets down hill he's a load! Sizemore has the trust of his teammates and that goes along way. When u know the guy beside u isn't going to allow u to loose, u fight harder not to let them down.
Cellking Wrote:Oh, I know that-- W'burg is a fine Team, just don't like it when game is over people try to rub in beating you. It's OK the scrimmage was just practice. I know deep down they know they were in for a hard game and if they played again it would be a tough game, Looking fwd to Jumpers coming to town!!!!

Really. You consider that rubbing it in. I'm just expressing an opinion, same as you. Everyone wanted it acknowledged that your best player got hurt and I thought it should be pointed out our two best defensive players were out as well. You think the outcome would have been different if he stayed in the game. I don't. Nothing wrong with differing opinions.
KentuckyFootball14 Wrote:I heard Darrell White had a good run too

Darrell White is a good looking athelete that can play many skilled positions, great reciever,and hits hard on the defensive side of the ball. Darrell had a 80 yard run at the beginning of the second half, that was a game changer. This kid is as talented as any middle school player that I have seen.
It would be nice if the burg would come across town and play whitley co middle. Mcreary co does they are not afraid of competition.
Hmmm wonder where you could've heard that from Darrell? Hahaha
Pretty Sure it has nothing to do with being afraid. Just like high school middle school can have so many games/ scrimmages and Williamsburg schedule is full. Also in the last 3 years Williamsburg has played 4 state champion teams so I don't think its the competition.
Herd the Jackets have been making some big progress in practice lately...Polishing all those rough edges till it shines!