Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scrimmage/ Game list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This week many teams kickoff with a scrimmage or a game, and the long wait is over! List your favorite team's below.

Oneida, TN @ Wayne Co. Friday August 2nd. Confusedinglepar
southern pulaski & n. laurel scrimmage , 7-30-13 at southern
Observer22 Wrote:southern pulaski & n. laurel scrimmage , 7-30-13 at southern

Both of these teams had really good 7th grade teams last year. Southern Pulaski fell to eventual state champs JC and North unfortunately didn't participate in the state tournament or IMO they would have made a deep run. This should be a great matchup.
Observer22 Wrote:southern pulaski & n. laurel scrimmage , 7-30-13 at southern

Do you know the time and location of this, it would definitely be the best matchup to see this early into the season.
Battle at the Summit 8/3/13

AM Pool
Berea
Owen Co
Gallatin Co
Beechwood
Mason Co A
Mason Co B

PM Pool
Campbell Co
Summit View
Rowan Co
South Oldham
Union Raiders
Cooper Jaguars
7:30 at Somerset. Warriors looked good last Thursday against Campbellsville Middle,Taylor Co. and Danville. Each team ran 10 offensive plays,Southern scored on at least 3 plays against each team. They only gave up 4 scores in total, I believe.
plantmanky Wrote:Battle at the Summit 8/3/13

AM Pool
Berea
Owen Co
Gallatin Co
Beechwood
Mason Co A
Mason Co B

PM Pool
Campbell Co
Summit View
Rowan Co
South Oldham
Union Raiders
Cooper Jaguars

Take out Berea in the AM pool, add in Tichenor (Forgot to make that change)
It is going to be a good match up against South Pulaski for North Laurel and should tell us where we stand. The Jaguar Nation is excited for this group of young men. The game is @South Pulaski at 7 or 7:30, I have heard both.
JagSwag Wrote:It is going to be a good match up against South Pulaski for North Laurel and should tell us where we stand. The Jaguar Nation is excited for this group of young men. The game is @South Pulaski at 7 or 7:30, I have heard both.

I know you all had a great season last year, but don't know much about most of the teams you all played last year (as far as your current 8th grade group). Just out of curiosity, where do you think you all stand after the scrimmage with Garrard County and Northern Pulaski Saturday? The running back in the yellow cleats for your 8th will be a good solid player for you all this year. Speedy, agile, and hard-nosed...and didn't shy away from contact from what I saw. Your line also has some size. Are you all D-1 or D-2?
Wildcat, Some of the boys were a little shocked at first, being our first scrimmages. However, I would say they settled down and was able to play there game. N.Pulaski was talented as always, we matched up pretty good over all. Out of the 20 offensive plays for each team, N.Pulaski scored 7 times to North Laurel's 5 times. We was quite a bit bigger than Garrard and did not have many problems with them.
As far as last year goes we was 10 - 2. We had good wins over Foley, Rockcastle, Meece, McCreary, and Corbin. Other teams we beat Mercer, S.Laurel, Clay and a couple more. We lost to Whitley 8-6 and Corbin in the conference championship game 12-8.
Scrimmage has been changed to 6:00 pm and will be 8th grade only...
Thanks Grandpa, just came from morning practice and was told that we will start at 6pm @ South Pulaski Middle School. Go Jags!!!!!
East Carter plays McNabb at noon on Saturday.
Eager to hear how Southern vs north laurel scrimmage went.
Update from S. Pulaski and N. Laurel scrimmage. The Warriors showed a lot of speed. Their QB was very accurate when he passed and his receivers were catching them. The Jags offense was able to move the ball good also. Both teams starters scored against each other. First set of scoring plays went in favor of the Warriors 3-2. The second set between starters was about even. When the second and third strings took the field for the Jags, the DB's were burnt 2 or 3 times by the Warriors QB. The second group for the Jags looked terrible in their tackling also.
I seen some good things from both teams and some bad. At this stage I am wanting to see more consistency and effort from these young men. Overall both teams are looking to be strong during the season.
Boyd County Middle will be hosting the "Wildcat Warmup" in a format similar to Battle at the Summit...in addition to Boyd, Johnson County, West Carter and Louisa I believe will be playing....this will be at Boyd County High School Field, not the middle school