Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Wildcats vs. Louisville Cardnials Predictions???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you think will when the battle for bragging rights for the commonwealth? Louisville or Kentucky?
Louisville-35
Kentucky-21
I predict that this thread will be moved to the college section!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:I predict that this thread will be moved to the college section!
:Thumbs:

But if I was to pridict-

Kentucky-21
Louisville-28
blackcat_student Wrote::Thumbs:

But if I was to pridict-

Kentucky-21
Louisville-28
I predict UL by 21
I know im gonna get some heat for saying this but I am gonna anyways...

UK 24
UL 21
honestly this game could go anyway....look at last years game louisville 1st half dominated then UK dominated 2nd half...but I say

UL-35
UK-31
I'm guessing the line will be in the 3-4 touchdown range, UK is good at barely beating the spread, so I'll say...

Louisville 42
UK 21
I'm always wrong when it comes to UK football but oh well, I'm going to say..

UK-27
UL-21
Kentucky - 28
Louisville - 24
Louisville by a landslide. At least 3 or 4 TD's.
UK 30 UL 27

I think Kentucky is better than most people are thinking, and Louisville, although very good, is not as good as some predict.
BCF4L Wrote:Louisville by a landslide. At least 3 or 4 TD's.

BCF4L, i respect your opinion, but you are WAY off base with this prediction. LAst year, Kentucky played the DOG off UofL. Within a touchdown as a matter of fact. I dont care How many points Louisville is favored by, but this is a rivalry game, with a MUCH improved Kentucky squad, and a totally redone offensive and defensive line for the cardinals. If you break down each and every postion matchup between the 2 teams, youll find that this game is alot closer, talentwise, then any other UK UofL game in the past 10 years.

UofL QB > UK QB - Though i think Woodson will have another big game, much like last year

UK RB > UL RB - Yeh i know all this crap about Bush for the heisman is going on but i dont buy that he is ANY better the Raffy. if Little was at a top 10 school, hed be a household name. Not to mention the EXPLOSIVE tony dixon and ALphonso Smith. Also with Grinter at Fullback, the run game will be HARD to stop

UK WR = UofL Wr - Ill probably catch some flack for this one because of Burtons lack of production due to injury, but a healthy burton might be the best player on the field come september 3rd.

Uofl O-line > UK O-Line - But not by Much. UK has some needed experience and some big strong hossjacks like Aaron Miller and Matt Mcceutchon. Louisville has to replace 3 starters, but should be alright.

UK D-line > UofL D-Line - Myron Pryor will be a STUD. Ricky Abren is going to be a great player this year, Durrel White, JD Craigman, and True Freshman Jamil Paris will turn some HEADS this year. Uofl Lost Nugarski award winner dummerville and they have to replace him with an unproven Cox who has 11 tackles in 23 games...impressive....

UK LB > UofL LB - No brainer, this is UK's most stacked position. They will have one of the more talented LB crew in the SEC. Woodyard, Kelley, and Johnson will tear people apart...

UofL DB > UK DB - UK's biggest question mark, this one goes to UofL by default because of UK's lack of experience.

UK Return game > Uofl Return game - UK was one of the best return teams in the country last year, that should remain the same this year. also their kick coverage was one of the best in the country.

Uofl Kicking game > UK kicking game. - again, Louisville wins by default. UK with a walkon kicker and the erattic Tim Masthay at punter...scary.

With those matchups we have UofL 4- UK 4. with a push at the WR position. Not so much talent differential at all with it broken down like this. Louisville may very well win this game, but not by 3 or 4 touchdowns...

I predict a UK victory though

UK 28
Uofl 27
At Louisville I don't see UK with a chance this year. The only thing in UK's favor is that its Louisville's first game of the year also. Some people refuse to see how much better the UL football program really is.
UL 44
UK 21
corndog23 Wrote:BCF4L, i respect your opinion, but you are WAY off base with this prediction. LAst year, Kentucky played the DOG off UofL. Within a touchdown as a matter of fact. I dont care How many points Louisville is favored by, but this is a rivalry game, with a MUCH improved Kentucky squad, and a totally redone offensive and defensive line for the cardinals. If you break down each and every postion matchup between the 2 teams, youll find that this game is alot closer, talentwise, then any other UK UofL game in the past 10 years.

UofL QB > UK QB - Though i think Woodson will have another big game, much like last year

UK RB > UL RB - Yeh i know all this crap about Bush for the heisman is going on but i dont buy that he is ANY better the Raffy. if Little was at a top 10 school, hed be a household name. Not to mention the EXPLOSIVE tony dixon and ALphonso Smith. Also with Grinter at Fullback, the run game will be HARD to stop

UK WR = UofL Wr - Ill probably catch some flack for this one because of Burtons lack of production due to injury, but a healthy burton might be the best player on the field come september 3rd.

Uofl O-line > UK O-Line - But not by Much. UK has some needed experience and some big strong hossjacks like Aaron Miller and Matt Mcceutchon. Louisville has to replace 3 starters, but should be alright.

UK D-line > UofL D-Line - Myron Pryor will be a STUD. Ricky Abren is going to be a great player this year, Durrel White, JD Craigman, and True Freshman Jamil Paris will turn some HEADS this year. Uofl Lost Nugarski award winner dummerville and they have to replace him with an unproven Cox who has 11 tackles in 23 games...impressive....

UK LB > UofL LB - No brainer, this is UK's most stacked position. They will have one of the more talented LB crew in the SEC. Woodyard, Kelley, and Johnson will tear people apart...

UofL DB > UK DB - UK's biggest question mark, this one goes to UofL by default because of UK's lack of experience.

UK Return game > Uofl Return game - UK was one of the best return teams in the country last year, that should remain the same this year. also their kick coverage was one of the best in the country.

Uofl Kicking game > UK kicking game. - again, Louisville wins by default. UK with a walkon kicker and the erattic Tim Masthay at punter...scary.

With those matchups we have UofL 4- UK 4. with a push at the WR position. Not so much talent differential at all with it broken down like this. Louisville may very well win this game, but not by 3 or 4 touchdowns...

I predict a UK victory though

UK 28
Uofl 27

i like this breakdown, however the qb situation at UK scares me. I don't like Woodson as the starter.. He's too unpredictable.. unless he has gotten better in the offseason (which most of the things i've read say pulley has a good chance of starting) I don't think he will do as good this year as he did last year.
oh and you forgot to breakdown the Coach
thats was a GREAT breakdown good job corndog23
UL by 17
crazytaxidriver Wrote:oh and you forgot to breakdown the Coach

your right, Petrino has done a TREMENDOUS job at UofL but he still doesnt have a "BIG" win. Rich Brooks, lets face it, hes and old man with a ton of experience, but the last few years really have people questioning his coaching ability. Me personally, i think hes still got what he ahd in 94 when Oregon was in the Rose Bowl. i may be a little biased in this one, but coaching advantage....Kentucky.
football05 Wrote:thats was a GREAT breakdown good job corndog23

thanks football05...i worked real hard.Smile
corndog23 Wrote:your right, Petrino has done a TREMENDOUS job at UofL but he still doesnt have a "BIG" win. Rich Brooks, lets face it, hes and old man with a ton of experience, but the last few years really have people questioning his coaching ability. Me personally, i think hes still got what he ahd in 94 when Oregon was in the Rose Bowl. i may be a little biased in this one, but coaching advantage....Kentucky.

Oregon won an extremely weak Pac 10 that year.....

I'm not sold on Brooks, UK will get 5-6 wins....

Let's forget conferences, what is each teams best non-conference win since Petrino/Brooks took over...

2003: UL beat Syracuse
UK beat Indiana

2004: UL beat North Carolina (also beat undefeated Boise St. in bowl)
UK beat Indiana

2005: Louisville beat Oregon St.
UK beat Idaho St.

Brooks overall record:98-136-4 (6 winning season in 21 years)
Petrino's overall record: 29-8 (3 winning season in 3 years)

The fact that Brooks continues to ride his coaching resume on a year that he went 9-4 and went to the Rose Bowl out of a extremely weak Pac 10 is pathetic...
FreakNasty Wrote:Oregon won an extremely weak Pac 10 that year.....

I'm not sold on Brooks, UK will get 5-6 wins....

Let's forget conferences, what is each teams best non-conference win since Petrino/Brooks took over...

2003: UL beat Syracuse
UK beat Indiana

2004: UL beat North Carolina (also beat undefeated Boise St. in bowl)
UK beat Indiana

2005: Louisville beat Oregon St.
UK beat Idaho St.

Brooks overall record:98-136-4 (6 winning season in 21 years)
Petrino's overall record: 29-8 (3 winning season in 3 years)

The fact that Brooks continues to ride his coaching resume on a year that he went 9-4 and went to the Rose Bowl out of a extremely weak Pac 10 is pathetic...

the fact that Bobby Petrino is the hottest name in college football with his signature win being Boise St. is pathetic. Not only is Rich Brooks a better coach, he has a MUCH better staff...Randy Sanders is a proven winner, Mike Archer will have a full squad on defense to work with, and Joker Phillips is WELL on his way to being a head coach somewhere. Honestly, given the choice of who i would rather have lead my football team, Rich Brooks is a no brainer...call me biased and say im wearing my blueglasses, but Rich Brooks is my coach...
corndog23 Wrote:the fact that Bobby Petrino is the hottest name in college football with his signature win being Boise St. is pathetic. Not only is Rich Brooks a better coach, he has a MUCH better staff...Randy Sanders is a proven winner, Mike Archer will have a full squad on defense to work with, and Joker Phillips is WELL on his way to being a head coach somewhere. Honestly, given the choice of who i would rather have lead my football team, Rich Brooks is a no brainer...call me biased and say im wearing my blueglasses, but Rich Brooks is my coach...

Petrino is overhyped, but he has results, something UK hasn't come close to producing.... All I have heard from Rich Brooks since he took the job is excuses, getting kind of old... I had season tickets last year, and I dont this year, I'm just sick of watching a bad football team....

And Boise St. was UNDEFEATED in 2004 until they played Louisville, I dont care what conference they play in (it's the WAC), 11-0 is 11-0....

UK's best win in those 3 years: Vandy 5-6 last year....

Last time I checked, Louisville atleast beat teams with a winning record occasionally....

Your wearing shades that Rich Brooks has filled the fan base with for 3 years, and it's not fair. He talked his way into 17 years at Oregon, and had one "great" season, I'm just not sold on him at all...
corndog23 Wrote:the fact that Bobby Petrino is the hottest name in college football with his signature win being Boise St. is pathetic. Not only is Rich Brooks a better coach, he has a MUCH better staff...Randy Sanders is a proven winner, Mike Archer will have a full squad on defense to work with, and Joker Phillips is WELL on his way to being a head coach somewhere. Honestly, given the choice of who i would rather have lead my football team, Rich Brooks is a no brainer...call me biased and say im wearing my blueglasses, but Rich Brooks is my coach...

Yes, you are biased. I am guessing the majority of the people in the stands would much rather have Petrino on the sidelines than Brooks.
It is not only about results, it is about consistant results, and that goes to Bobby Petrino IMO. I love UK, and hope they will win, but I do not think they have the team to beat a good Louisville team, this year.
i dont see uk getting blown out of the water but i dont see them winning but they will give louisville a game
im a hard core cats fan and it breaks my heart to say it but we are in trouble on this one big trouble. but man i would live to see use beat the cards and make petrino eat that big contract louisville gave him.
I'd say louisville 35-.7 I'm a Huge UK fan but I'm just being realistic and besides every year that I pick UK in this matchup they lose so maybe it'll go the other way this season.
I Love UK...BUt UL is just to good
The line on the game is 22, UK has had a habit of barely beating the spread on games against top 25 opponents, I'll say they lose by 3 touchdowns (I forgot what I posted earlier in this thread on what the score would be)....
35-14 Cards.......I think UK will play hard, but UL is just too tough this year IMO.
Pages: 1 2