Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Middle School schedules been released yet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just hungry for some football. This traveling to summer camps,has this Old Warrior needing a football fix.
Looks as though the Warriors of SMS are facing another stacked schedule.

8/3- Bluegrass Away (Campbellsville, CMS Bowl)
8/10- Taylor Co. Away (Taylor Co. Bowl)
8/15 - Wayne Co. Home
8/17 - New Harlan Home (Dan Cundiff Bowl)
8/20 - Corbin Away
8/24 - Lincoln Co. Away (Mercer Co, Fort Harrod Bowl)
9/5- Bell Co.* Away
9/12- Knox Co.* Home
9/26- Northern Pulaski* Home
10/3- Whitley Co.* Away
10/12- KYMSFA Playoffs

* SO.KY. Elite Football Conference Games
Shew, sure wish we had a BMS/Southern matchup on there!!
attached is the NKY Conference Schedule. It won't post in a readable form in the text box sorry.
Attached is the NKY JV schedule.
Anyone know LCC three middle school schedules?
anyone know who coaches 3rd-4th in letcher co.
That wayne vs southern date is 8/13 Tuesday.
Mccreary schedule is 8/13 Meece.
8/24 Monroe.
8/29 Whitley.
8/31 Casey.
9/5 glascow.
9/10 Wayne co.
9/17 s.laurel
9/21 russel
9/27 Berea
10/5 Jackson.
Shouldn't have a problem with last 4.
Wayne Co.

Aug 10. Casey Co. A
Aug 13. Southern. A
Aug 22 metcalfe co H
Aug 31. Westport A
(Lex Cath bluegrass bowl)
Sept 5. Somerset A
Sept 10. McCreary A
Sept 17. Northern H
Sept. 19. Clinton H
Sept. 24. Clay A
Oct 1. Glasgow H
Region12 Wrote:Mccreary schedule is 8/13 Meece.
8/24 Monroe.
8/29 Whitley.
8/31 Casey.
9/5 glascow.
9/10 Wayne co.
9/17 s.laurel
9/21 russel
9/27 Berea
10/5 Jackson.
Shouldn't have a problem with last 4.

can add a Middle School from Richmond to this schedule.
Hey grandpa corbin will not play us we are just 10 miles away. @ whityley co
Who did you take off? That would make 11 games otherwise.
King, your guy's are just to good,putting the fear into some teams...Our schedule has changed up, we lost our first two challengers for unknown reasons to this Warrior...So our first game is now with a very good Wayne CO, who has the advantage of a prior game...We also have picked up Rockcastle later in the season,but it leaves us with only nine games so far...
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:King, your guy's are just to good,putting the fear into some teams...Our schedule has changed up, we lost our first two challengers for unknown reasons to this Warrior...So our first game is now with a very good Wayne CO, who has the advantage of a prior game...We also have picked up Rockcastle later in the season,but it leaves us with only nine games so far...

Call Belfry, haha.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Call Belfry, haha.
Soo ,Hypothetical question who would you drop off your schedule? Also for what reason other than to play Southern Warriors and it would have to work into our schedule?
Warrior Grandpa Wrote:Soo ,Hypothetical question who would you drop off your schedule? Also for what reason other than to play Southern Warriors and it would have to work into our schedule?

I can't think of any reason Southern would want to play Belfry. Belfry has something to gain, while Southern has absolutely nothing to gain. A Southern win would even drop their points for the playoff seeding. That goes with any D-1 school who plays a D-2 or D-3.
East Carter 8th
August 3rd East Carter @ McNabb (Montgomery Co.) W 36-23

August 13th East Carter @ West Carter W 40-0

August 17th Verity Bowl East Carter VS Greenup Co.

August 20th East Carter @ Lawrence Co.

August 24th Raider Bowl Fleming Co @ East Carter

August 27th Raceland @ East Carter

September 3rd East Carter @ Bath County

September 10th Boyd County @ East Carter

September 17th East Carter @ Greenup Co.

September 24th Verity @ East Carter

October 1st Conference Game

October 5th Conference Chamionship
Westport middles (Louisville) Varsity and JV schedules are posted on our Facebook page
Wildcat18 Wrote:I can't think of any reason Southern would want to play Belfry. Belfry has something to gain, while Southern has absolutely nothing to gain. A Southern win would even drop their points for the playoff seeding. That goes with any D-1 school who plays a D-2 or D-3.

Maybe because it will improve your kids and make them better football players? You know... kind of the whole premise of a feeder system in the first place.

Lets face it..Belfry may be a different division... but last season they were without a doubt the only team within 4 hours of you who could match up to your A game. Why not challenge your players and make them better through competition?

Playoff seeding is overrated anyway..just look what Belfry did to their competition despite their questionable seeding.If you are simply better than everyone else it doesn't matter what your seed is.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Maybe because it will improve your kids and make them better football players? You know... kind of the whole premise of a feeder system in the first place.

Lets face it..Belfry may be a different division... but last season they were without a doubt the only team within 4 hours of you who could match up to your A game. Why not challenge your players and make them better through competition?

Playoff seeding is overrated anyway..just look what Belfry did to their competition despite their questionable seeding.If you are simply better than everyone else it doesn't matter what your seed is.

I'm not a Southern guy. I don't have a dog in the fight. I'm just stating what's true. High seeds in the playoffs get home field advantage. That's huge when you have to play 4 hours away in my opinion. Playing D-1 schools is strategy. What team wants to sit on a bus for 4 hours and play a REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME as soon as they get off? If you don't like your seed, play higher division schools. If I'm not mistaken, Belfry was one of the teams who were whining about their low seed in the playoffs last year. Am I wrong about that?
Totally agree with the 4 hour bus trip comment. We did that last year, it's a great experience for the kids but very costly. The regions could have been aligned a little better where we have a 2 or 2 1/2 hour limit on driving. Hopefully things will improve if not we will play no matter what.