Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Auburn picked to win SEC Championship; UK picked to finish 5th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
5th in the conf. or division?
If its conference I would take that.
UK is 5th in the SEC East...

The East usually has been better, but the West this season is clearly stronger IMO.. Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas all could win that divison IMO... and Bama will be decent as well....
FreakNasty Wrote:UK is 5th in the SEC East...

The East usually has been better, but the West this season is clearly stronger IMO.. Auburn, LSU, and Arkansas all could win that divison IMO... and Bama will be decent as well....

Not sold on Arkansas this year. Dont think Mustain will have a stellar year, but next year i think they will make a serious run at the West. I see Auburn Vs Florida in the SEC title game.
We should win 5 games this year IF we stay healthy unlike last year...
I think wins against Miss. St., Vandy, Central Michigan, Louisiana- Monroe, and Texas St.

I also agree with Auburn vs. Florida in the SEC Champ. game but watch out for LSU to be in ther also.
Kentucky needs to beat Louisville, Florida, LSU, or Tennessee to secure a bowl !
^sounds simple enough lol
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky needs to beat Louisville, Florida, LSU, or Tennessee to secure a bowl !

Or Ole Miss or South Carolina
I wouldn't bank on 6 wins automatically getting Kentucky to a bowl, the SEC will probably go over it's alloted bowl tie ins, which means UK would probably need to get an at-large bid, unless UK exceeds expectations in conference....
SomersetJumpers_7 Wrote:Or Ole Miss or South Carolina

Freaknasty said it that 6 wins may not get UK in a bowl game but if one of those wins are against LSU, UL, Florida, UT that looks better on the team and too the bowl comitee !
blackcat_student Wrote:Freaknasty said it that 6 wins may not get UK in a bowl game but if one of those wins are against LSU, UL, Florida, UT that looks better on the team and too the bowl comitee !

yea thats true...
FreakNasty Wrote:I wouldn't bank on 6 wins automatically getting Kentucky to a bowl, the SEC will probably go over it's alloted bowl tie ins, which means UK would probably need to get an at-large bid, unless UK exceeds expectations in conference....
Six wins and UK is in a bowl, it is a money thing. UK brings alot of money with it when one of its teams, especially football and basketball, make the post-season.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Six wins and UK is in a bowl, it is a money thing. UK brings alot of money with it when one of its teams, especially football and basketball, make the post-season.

They'll be several major conference teams with 6 wins left out, especially if UK is 2-6 or 3-5 in conference... I know they bring a crowd (I dont know why people travel with them) but it's still going to be pushing it...

Plus, I dont see them getting six wins in the first place, I think it'll be a mute point....
FreakNasty Wrote:Plus, I dont see them getting six wins in the first place, I think it'll be a mute point....

we shall see freak...but my money is on 7 wins....8 after the bowl game....
corndog23 Wrote:we shall see freak...but my money is on 7 wins....8 after the bowl game....

Don't get my hopes up Corndog! But I sure hope so !
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Six wins and UK is in a bowl, it is a money thing. UK brings alot of money with it when one of its teams, especially football and basketball, make the post-season.

You've got a point Brahmabull ! Kentucky fans love there teams ! UK may not be the best team in the SEC or in the State but the fans still come to make a 67,000 attendence !
FreakNasty Wrote:They'll be several major conference teams with 6 wins left out, especially if UK is 2-6 or 3-5 in conference... I know they bring a crowd (I dont know why people travel with them) but it's still going to be pushing it...

Plus, I dont see them getting six wins in the first place, I think it'll be a mute point....
True, if they do not get six wins, it is a mute point.
blackcat_student Wrote:Kentucky needs to beat Louisville, Florida, LSU, or Tennessee to secure a bowl !
sounds easy if your USC