Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Powerhouses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who are the POWERHOUSES in the 8th grade 2013? I think Franklin Simpson and Bowling Green will be very good this year. I live in this area, so I know about these guys, but who else will be good and why?:Thumbs:
Start with 7th grade state champs Johnson central. They were 3 Tds better in state championships.
Same ones as every year. Bell County, Johnson County, Northern Pulaski, & Southern Pulaski will all be stout again this year. That would be my top four in the state (in no particular order - only D1), all out of the same region (which stinks that it lines up that way - would make for a great state final four). BG will be good, but the title game will be a similar result as in the past in my opinion. Don't know much about Franklin Simpson. Union always has a decent team. Who will be the team to beat out of Louisville this year? Farnsley?
How are teams divided? Are there two or three different divisions in the 8th grade?
In division 3 Mayfield is scary good. We didn't participante in the 7th grade tournament for financial reasons. This team as 7th graders went undefeated to win the West Ky 7th grade championship they only gave up around 20 points for the whole season and averaged close to 40 points a game. They won the championship game vs Lone Oak by 40 points. The 8th grade went to the final 4 and pushed State champions Butler County closer than anyone else losing 8 to 0. The 7th grade had 4 guys really contributes on that team.
3 divisions in 8th grade. The cutoff varies year to year since middle school realigns every year.
I'm eager to see if more programs will participate since khsaa is taking over. There were squads that didn't compete that could have made noise last year. North Laurel and Rock had nice teams in the 7th grades but didnt compete. If they are in this year look out for them.
BELFRY in D2 will be back again.
Butler county?
The 8th at Butler County was a power last year but all moved on, not as powerful this fall.
Butler Co. had a 7th grade running back on the all star team that was strong and good at carrying the ball. What was the 7th grade like last year? Will they be good this year?
Thanks for the compliment Wildcat, 8th grade Raiders should be decent. We lost a few good kids including both quarterbacks. Schedule looks tough with JCTMS, Elkhorn, and Lex Christian at home and on the road against Corbin, Cincinnati Hills Christian, and East Central Indiana. Hope to make a decent playoff run. We'll see.
McCreary Raiders will be tough this year
Where does whitley co fit in this group we are in this same region.And only lost 2 games last year. 1 to southern and 1 to johnson central in a nail biter .
I would say Whitley is right there.
I believe Somerset Meece will be very good this year.
Wayne County will be good next year.
Wayne county will be good this year! Their qb was very good last year! That's a kid to keep your eye on if he continues to improve! Look foward to watching Meece and Wayne, was good game last year.
Southern Warriors, getting their pads today. Can you smell it? It is in the air, Football!!!!(SNIFFFF)AAAAHHHH!!!!
Mccreary also Wayne and Whitley should be really good this year. Excited to see them play. Mccreary plays Meece first game on August 13 at mccreary.
Wayne is by far one of the best looking teams I've seen this year accompanied with some very good coaches. I keep hearing Mccreary county is suppose to be good. From what I've heard since Williamsburg went to Uk's passing camp they have a real big team. A Qb that is 6 foot about 200 and two recievers who are also around the same height. Also I've been hearing there line is pretty decent sized to. I know they only lost 2 kids from last year. So I'm assuming they should be ready for a good run this year.
Belfry will repeat as division 2 champs and this year the 7th grade team will compete for the 7th grade title. Not sure how any team could be getting pads yet. We havent even got helmets yet.
Kymsfa
Helmets July 15
Full pads July 22

Coaches may have given pads out early to size and order needed equipment.

Wayne is in D2 west. Maybe the stars will align and we can get a Wayne/ Belfry semifinal.

Long season until then.
McCreary will be good but with the Schedule they have they better be. Scrimmage Fairview Tenn, won Tennessee MS Championship last year, Scrimmage W'burg. Play Meece, Monroe, Wayne, Whitley, Glasgow and Casey Co. South Laurel and Russell Co. Looks like the Raiders better strap them on tight!!!!
Who is coaching Southern this year?