Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tumbling of Football Field?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you think??

** I can not stand to tumble during football season. I don't like to tumble on football fields. I've heard a lot cheerleaders talk about how much they hate it and even parents discuss it. You don't see a lot of cheerleaders tumbling during football season.

**I was just wondering what you guys think about tumbling on a football field...
:runtouchd
NOTHING looks better than 12 girls standing front/back throwing backhandsprings TOGETHER when their team scores a TD.... SHARP!!!!
I agree. I love to see team tumbling. If they are all together and sharp!
*Central_Cheer_Chick Wrote:What do you think??

** I can not stand to tumble during football season. I don't like to tumble on football fields. I've heard a lot cheerleaders talk about how much they hate it and even parents discuss it. You don't see a lot of cheerleaders tumbling during football season.

**I was just wondering what you guys think about tumbling on a football field...
:runtouchd

Im sure its alot easier on turf as apposed to grass, it seems to be more bouncy :thumpsup:
-Astroturf is a lot easier to tumble on!! I don't like tumbling during football because our field is rocky and gets really slick. But every field is made different.
One of the biggest drawbacks to tumbling during football season is the field gets wet, and gets dangerous.
It is hard to tumble at Prestonsburg's field b/c the track is where we cheer, and when you do anything it hurts your hands.
Yeah, Shelby Valley's is like that too.
The field absorbs the rebound and causes the tumbling to be harder and less "bouncy" looking. One must be a strong tumbler in order to produce great tumbling on the field. Then there's the "dew" with which to contend... and rocks/pebbles or what have you... and like some said... if you're on a track, then the surface does tend to cause the hands to hurt... so maybe stunting and/or jumping would make great options! If no track, then stunting. If track, then jumping.... IDK... but that is how I would proceed. Many things to consider... taking what is given and knowing how to proceed is important. Using what you have and doing the best you can with it is the only option I would guess. Never underestimate the power of a great band and a great pep section used in conjunction with a squad of cheerleaders who knows how to use them.... this will always make a great show & everyones has a great time supporting their team!
Nice post there Snake!!! Big Grin
When I cheered, we cheered on the track, which is made of concrete and blacktop. Not only did it hurt, but I have family members who had surgery on their ankles and wrist from tumbling on concrete for so many years. It is not healthy to tumble on something that has no give when you land. So I think it is a bad idea for tumbling and stunting. I love to cheer and I think it is a good show, but safety comes first. If the fans want to watch the girls then come to basketball games, or just to a competition. That is what they are for!! I agree with you Central Cheer Chick.
well pikeville has turf and they love it...its not really that bouncy its just a lot more comfortable to tumble on and it doesn't hurt your wrists hardly at all..they love it!!!