Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: KAPOS Dates Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How does everyone feel about KAPOS changing the region and state competition dates? For the better or for the worst?

According to the KAPOS website the new dates are:
2007 KAPOS STATE AT LARGE COMPETITION

Saturday, February 24 at EKU

Tentative regional competition dates are January 13, 20, 27 and February 3. Alternate dates will be worked out for regions having conflicts.
KAPOS in January?
the regions are in january now.
Do u know where the 15th regionals will be held this year?
I think they will be at Belfry.
I thought the determination of where the region was held, is something they (KAPOS cheer coaches from each of the member schools in the 15th region) vote on @ the Fall meeting.

I don't have a problem with the date change for State competition. I am sure the change was for a good reason. Dragging everything out through March is something that drove me nuts anyway.
I was never too keen on having KAPOS State At-Large during the Boys State Tournament anyway... just too much going on @ the same time.
this is a huge blow to the squads who attend nationals and kapos. there are quite a few of them. nationals is the second week in february and now kapos is the week after that. i just dont think it is fair to everyone
PvilleCheerAlum Wrote:this is a huge blow to the squads who attend nationals and kapos. there are quite a few of them. nationals is the second week in february and now kapos is the week after that. i just dont think it is fair to everyone
Aren't nationals and KAPOS two completely separate organizations?
Maybe KAPOS is trying to force high school squads to focus on the KY state HS competition rather than another organizations???
Yes Regional is going to be held at Belfry., The date changes will make it hard, because Basketball is still full force, and I don't think it's fair to those who compete @ nationals. P-ville White usually changes thier routine, for Kapos,,,,,,,going from 2 1/2 to traditional..........That could be impossible, BUT MRS. Wheeler has been known for miracles, She also has very talented squad again this year!
I haven't gotten to see Belfry's "new digs", so this will be something to anticipate!
friendofbelfry Wrote:MRS. Wheeler has been known for miracles
I agree...if anyone can switch up a routine for one competion in the middle of another competion season...then it is her!
mrs wheeler is a miracle worker when it comes to cheerleading. watch out for the girls varsity at KAPOS this year. She is lieble to go 2 1/2 min after nationals. that will be something to compete with. The bad thing about the change is that class A state is the same weekend as KAPOS region. Big blow to class A teams
:Cheerlead My squad isn't exactly thrilled about it because we thought we would still have an extra month. It's all cool though, and it's better than having basketball districts (and getting judged there) right after coming off a month of practicing straight routines. This should definately step up the district competition. All in all, I think it will be an improvement.

Region 15 KAPOS: 76 days (but i'm not great at math, lol)