Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best gym floor for tumbling in the 15th Region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This has been discussed frequently among many of us in person. I was just wondering which gymnasium floors you all believe, are the best for tumbling in the 15th region. I know that some floors seem to have more "spring" than others and therefore are more conducive to wonderful tumbling passes that seem to really get the crowd jazzed up.... what are your thoughts?
Hey Snake!! ~~~ I have to put my 2 cents worth in on this one!! When I cheered (LOLOL) we had a "rubber" type floor. Many people thought that it caused sprained ankles, jams, and other types of injuries... I personally LOVED it!!! I always... ALWAYS over rotated on my round off back tuck on hardwood floors... I could nail it and my standing back on our floor like nothing!! I guess each person has their own preference and I would have to say that mine was PHELPS' McCoy Athletic Center!!! Big Grin
Hey phs1986! I guess my preference was my home floor. I loved the spring that the hardwood gave me! The rubber floors absorbed way too much for my liking... I depended upon the rebound...LOL!!!
-- I love my gym floor!! But I guess that's just because I'm used to it. It doesn't seem as hard as some of the other floors. I know this isn't a high school but, I like Johns Creek Elementary's floor. But I guess that may be because I was used to it too.

-- Oh well, best wishes and be careful! :howdy:
Belfry's old gym floor was the greatest.........you could tumble for days !
Definately Belfry's old floor, I've never tumbled on the new one so I can't comment, but I always hated to tumble on Pikeville's floor.
Betsy Layne...."the dome"
I have to say that this is a pretty random question but.......I am going to say that Pikeville's Gym Floor is the best in the 15th Region, because you know I cheer there..
P_White_W Wrote:I have to say that this is a pretty random question but.......I am going to say that Pikeville's Gym Floor is the best in the 15th Region, because you know I cheer there..

Ouch! I was going to say that it was a toss-up between Pikeville's and Johnson Central's as to which was the worst! hahaha....They both always KILLED my wrists! I was kind of a fan of Pike Central's...I felt like I could always tumble a bit better there...other than my home court, of course! :Thumbs:
I love Phelps's gym but thats probably because ive been tumbling on it for years. I like going to other school's gyms just because i like to show off and prove what i can do. So basicly i don't care about what the floor is like just as long as i can show what i can do and people loving it.:howdy:
Of course I loved SC's floor because I tumbled there the most and was used to it. All the other floors were fine for me except Paintsville's. I thought it was like tumbling on concrete! It murdered my wrists....And I get a little claustrophbic when I tumble so I was always afraid to run into something or someone...
jChS :-}
jChS :-}