Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Should UK take a page from Gonzaga's recruiting book?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With as many kids as UK has lost over the last couple of years, maybe it's time they look to the pacific northwest for some support...

While every other college coach is fishing metaphorically during July, Gonzaga's Mark Few could be fishing literally. He could be out on the Pacific Northwest streams he loves, casting flies and trying to catch a summer breeze and a few hungry trout. He already has bagged his limit of 2007 recruits.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vie...p?t=104479
UK will be alright if they can get someone in the program that is good at recruitung, as of now, they have noone.
Yea if they would just recruit kids with no attitude probelems they would be alright.
Batpuff Wrote:Yea if they would just recruit kids with no attitude probelems they would be alright.
I agree if they would recruit kids with character that had a sense of pride in the State of Kentucky, the program would be in better shape.
they need pelphrey in the program
golfman42 Wrote:they need pelphrey in the program
Probably could do no worse as far as recruiting, but Tubby still has a very good winning percentage. I look for that percentage to drop in the coming years if he does not pick up the recruiting though.
All Gonzaga does is recruit kids from California ! Thats where almost every team in the western united states recruits from Cali !
blackcat_student Wrote:All Gonzaga does is recruit kids from California ! Thats where almost every team in the western united states recruits from Cali !

Actually, your incorrect. Only one of Gonzaga's players on the 05-06 roster was from California....

7 of the players were homegrown, including main cogs Morrison, Raivio, and Pendergraft...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/roster?collegeId=2250
I don't know about recruiting book, but playbook..YES!