Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Any Camp news to Share?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay.... enough time has passed for many squads to have attended some Summer Camps!
Where did you go?
How did you do?
Did you acheive squad bonding?
Did you learn any new stunts, cheers, or chants?
Did you see any new hair styles or made friends with cheer sisters from another school?
Was it your first time @ camp?
How about gettng up early to catch warm water in the shower?
Did you learn about how to avoid the dreaded flush/scalding?
Just how did it go?

I loved camp as a cheer leader, a coach, and a parent! I'd love to read about what you've encountered! Especially the success stories!:Cheerlead
did I get the e before the i incorrect... acheive achieve.... that one always gets me!
I had heard South Floyd had done well at their first camp of the Summer. If anyone knows anything, let us know!
IISnakE Wrote:did I get the e before the i incorrect... acheive achieve.... that one always gets me!

LOL... the rule is: I before E except after C.....!! :thumpsup:
phs1986 Wrote:LOL... the rule is: I before E except after C.....!! :thumpsup:

That's what I thought! Thanks!

(some posters on here "get me" with "there,their, and they're" and "your & you're" errors.....:yikes: !)

I know none of this has anything to do with this thread... threadjackking is quite common on here...LOL!!!

Anyway... if you catch any mistakes on my part, let me know!:Cheerlead
LOL.... working with 2nd and 3rd graders has its perks!! Proper grammar usage is definatly a plus!!! I am not one to critique other's work though, because I make several mistakes myself!!! (teehee)... NO prob on the above though... just thought it was cute that you caught it yourself!!! :Clap:
It's really hard to take some people seriously when they're on a rant and their posts have spelling and grammar errors... it's especially bad whenever they talk about being graduated from "this school or that school"... makes me wonder if they spent every waking moment in the gym....
I agree!!!
NCA came and did a private camp for Belfry and it's feeder schools, it was great! My daughter loved it. The smallest squad that attended was a midget league, I never realized the talent thats out there, that squad can tumble like no other and I think they had 4 that made the All American squad. My daughter cheers Boys Varsity,(her first year on varsity) Belfry's new squad looks great so far this year,I could tell an improvement by the 2nd day of camp, they are really cooming together as a whole. The new JV squad also has alot of talent, I think it's going to be a great year all around. I always loved camp, I hope every girl sees it as fun, not just work work work.
friendofbelfry Wrote:NCA came and did a private camp for Belfry and it's feeder schools, it was great! My daughter loved it. The smallest squad that attended was a midget league, I never realized the talent thats out there, that squad can tumble like no other and I think they had 4 that made the All American squad. My daughter cheers Boys Varsity,(her first year on varsity) Belfry's new squad looks great so far this year,I could tell an improvement by the 2nd day of camp, they are really cooming together as a whole. The new JV squad also has alot of talent, I think it's going to be a great year all around. I always loved camp, I hope every girl sees it as fun, not just work work work.

How wonderful for the entire Belfry cheer group! I look forward to seeing them cheer this season! I hope I can catch the Varsity early in football and late in basketball... so I can appreciate how much they will have improved! Good Luck Belfry Cheer!:Cheerlead
friendofbelfry Wrote:NCA came and did a private camp for Belfry and it's feeder schools, it was great! My daughter loved it. The smallest squad that attended was a midget league, I never realized the talent thats out there, that squad can tumble like no other and I think they had 4 that made the All American squad. My daughter cheers Boys Varsity,(her first year on varsity) Belfry's new squad looks great so far this year,I could tell an improvement by the 2nd day of camp, they are really cooming together as a whole. The new JV squad also has alot of talent, I think it's going to be a great year all around. I always loved camp, I hope every girl sees it as fun, not just work work work.

Now,....did ya have to go and call them that???? I think they prefer "little people"! LOL J/K
The Guru Wrote:Now,....did ya have to go and call them that???? I think they prefer "little people"! LOL J/K

Shewwww will you stop... Smile you're killling me! I'd like to know from folks when they prefer to attend camp...before the "dp" or after?
Prestonsburg went to camp at Morehead State University. They won several award including; Camp Champs in the Extreme Routine, Pom Champions, Blue Ribbons each night for sideline and floor cheer evaluations, Spirit Sticks each night, and two girls were chosen for the All-Star Cheerleading Squad. They also won the Spirit and Leadership Award on the final night of camp.