Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 7 on 7 tournment thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I am helping coach a middle school football team this year. I want to consolidate all the threads about when 7 on 7 tournaments are going on...
If you could post date, fee, and location of the events, in here I think it could save alot of people time. Also, what is the rule about 7 on 7 in June? Thanks,

Tvtimeout
I was wanting the same Info.... If anyone knows anything let us know...
As of now, the KMSFA sanctioned 7 on 7s are as follows -

April 20 - Eastern High School (Louisville)
May 18 - Murray State University
May 18 - Ballard High School (Louisville)
May 25 - Campbellsville University
June 15 - University of Kentucky

As far as rules, what specifically are you wanting to know? Game rules?

With regards to rosters, these events are for current 6th & 7th graders that will be returning to play for their respective middle school for 2013. Current 8th graders are not allowed to participate as this presents a KHSAA eligibility issue. They are allowed to participate with their high school programs this spring and we encourage them to do so.
Allen Elementary Passing Tournaments April 20& 27 2013

Time: 10am-@3pm

Entry Fee: no entry, but teams are encouraged to bring lots of fans and visit our concession stand.

For: 7th-8th grade combined teams or 8th grade teams

Our goals for these weekends of spring football is to have a platform for teaching the passing game as well as defending the pass, keeping our teams excited about football, and also the conditioning benefits.

Rules: Two forty yard grass fields playing at the same time, with 20min halves with a 2min timeout for both teams @10mins to go. There will be a six minute half-time period between halves.10-15min break between games. Each team will be allowed 7 players, one of them must be a center to snap the ball on offense and not be an eligible receiver. Defensive teams will have one defender lined up on the center as a nose guard or d-lineman, and cannot rush the QB until after a 5 one thousand count has been achieved. Offensive formations can be any as long as there are 3 men on the scrimmage. Only head coach on field with offensive team only, defensive team coached from sideline.
Scoring Rules: Each team will have 6 plays in which to score a touchdown starting with a coin flip to determine first possession, alternating after coin flip till time expires at end of second half. There will be no overtime periods, unless necessary to determine a winner of the single elimination, after pool play. Touchdowns are 6 points, conversions from the 3 1/2yd line are 2 points, you are allowed a dead ball kick from the 8 1/2yd line, a made kick is 3points a missed attempt is worth 1point. Defensive interception is worth 2points and loss of down. Helmets, mouthpieces, jerseys, and cleats will be the proper uniform.
Rules interpretations: We will keep all games as a learning tool and determine what the best teaching point to go bye is. There will be 1 licensed referee per game and 1 coach referee.
Main Rule: Teaching our kids to have fun playing football!

There will participation trophies for each team attending and Winner and runner-up for the tournament session.

We hope to see you there contact info is: [email]james.robinette@yahoo.com[/email] 606-259-2067
April 20th and April 27th dates have been cancelled. We will reschedule soon and I will repost.
Here the new date I will take as many teams as I can fit in.

Allen Elementary Passing Tournament May 18th 2013

Time: 10am-?

Entry Fee: no entry, but teams are encouraged to bring lots of fans and visit our concession stand.

For: 7th-8th grade combined teams or 8th grade teams (these are the grades for next year as current 8th graders could be a KHSAA violation)

Our goals for these weekends of spring football is to have a platform for teaching the passing game as well as defending the pass, keeping our teams excited about football, and also the conditioning benefits.

Rules: Two forty yard grass fields playing at the same time, with 20min halves with a 2min timeout for both teams @10mins to go. There will be a six minute half-time period between halves. Each team will be allowed 7 players, one of them must be a center to snap the ball on offense and not be an eligible receiver until after 5 seconds. Defensive teams will have one defender lined up on the center as a nose guard or d-lineman, and cannot rush the QB until after a 5 one thousand count has been achieved. Offensive formations can be any as long as there are 3 men on the scrimmage.
Scoring Rules: Each team will have 6 plays in which to score a touchdown starting with a coin flip to determine first possession, alternating after coin flip till time expires at end of second half. There will be no overtime periods, unless necessary to determine a winner of the single elimination, after pool play. Touchdowns are 6 points, conversions from the 3 1/2yd line are 2 points, you are allowed a dead ball kick from the 8 1/2yd line, a made kick is 3points a missed attempt is worth 1point. Defensive interception is worth 2points and loss of down.
Rules interpretations: We will keep all games as a learning tool and determine what the best teaching point to go bye is. There will be 1 licensed referee per game and 1 coach referee.
Main Rule: Teaching our kids to pass and defend the pass and to have fun playing football!

There will participation trophies for each team attending and Winner and runner-up for the tournament session.
We hope to see you there contact info is: [email]james.robinette@yahoo.com[/email] 606-259-2067

You can also private message me for more details.:Thumbs:
I am moving back to Williamsburg and will be helping the middle school football team. We will be hosting a tournament on June 8th. PM me if you are interested!